• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

Team Tharja has a clear advantage coming into the final hours, though it's still possible for Team Faye to take a victory.

Team Sigurd is poised for a win, but rallying too hard will give Team Dorcas a final-hour multiplier for an upset. Rallying even harder, though, will give Team Dorcas a second-to-last-hour multiplier that seals the deal for Team Sigurd instead.

We'll see.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Team Tharja has a clear advantage coming into the final hours, though it's still possible for Team Faye to take a victory.

Team Sigurd is poised for a win, but rallying too hard will give Team Dorcas a final-hour multiplier for an upset. Rallying even harder, though, will give Team Dorcas a second-to-last-hour multiplier that seals the deal for Team Sigurd instead.

We'll see.

Is it bad that I'm on Team Tharja and I hope Dorcas gets the win, if only to see the guy I wanted to support, but couldn't pull from two separate banners actually make it to the finals?

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We'll see.

Yeah, basically what I was thinking. Hard to decide what to do with my flags right now! I guess I'll see what the final couple hours are like.

I hate randos that set a lead with the same color as the team they are supporting.

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

How is disadvantage calculated this gauntlet? Thought it was like 2% but its apparently less.

1%.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I hate randos that set a lead with the same color as the team they are supporting.

Ugh, man so do I! I got more all red teams in this round than any other. >_>

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT:

1%.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh, man so do I! I got more all red teams in this round than any other. >_>

It happens to me every time.  At least it's Green this time.  Whenever I'm on a Red team, I never get any Green or Gray allies for the quests.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It happens to me every time.  At least it's Green this time.  Whenever I'm on a Red team, I never get any Green or Gray allies for the quests.

Lucky for you, but Sigurd is red, so I'm having that problem right now. Barely got any green or colorless allies. Though when I did get a colorless ally, it was usually CYL Lyn.

Who caught my spoof of "Silent Night" for SIgurd? lol It's the Christmas season, so it was super fitting! lol The first line of the original song has "holy night" in it too. :P Which is why I wrote "holy knight" for Sigurd. XD

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Especially if it's the exact character they're supporting. Honestly, I think I hate those type of players more than the multiplier mechanic at this point mostly because I've given up on the idea that it's ever going to get canned.

Though since I'm being a cheap-ass and using a Lvl. 1 4* Tharja for this round, what I get as the rando doesn't matter since the friend unit (your Brave!Ike has been one of the regulars for me this round btw) stomps the feeble resistance put in front of them.  

Looks like Team Tharja did excellently this past multiplier. I'm currently expecting Team Faye to rally hard enough to probably give Team Tharja a final-hour multiplier (or the hour before that) to end the round.

Same forecast for Team Sigurd, though. That one is still anyone's game.

this is bogus how does Sigurd loose to Dorcas when Sigurds Team clearly allways outnumber Dorcas by a large margin after a multiplier (more then Dorcas). Omg just get rid of Voting Gauntlet once and for all

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

this is bogus how does Sigurd loose to Dorcas when Sigurds Team clearly allways outnumber Dorcas by a large margin after a multiplier (more then Dorcas). Omg just get rid of Voting Gauntlet once and for all

Multipliers will do that sometimes. I've learned to live with it, honestly, after the Shanna and Takumi scenario.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Isn't Sigurd projected to win right now, unless Dorcas gets a last hour multiplier?

I still hope that luck is on our side. Sigurd is the first character I joined that I really really like and yes I know that winning these gauntlet's don't really matter all that much because of the randomness of it all but I would still love to see him come out on top.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I feel like this gauntlet has been the worst for that so far. Maybe 'cos I'm backing a red person, but I've had more same colour randos (and even a few friends I've had to delete) than in any previous gauntlet >.<

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Multipliers will do that sometimes. I've learned to live with it, honestly, after the Shanna and Takumi scenario.

i think they should change it to a mini Arena type of gameplay with cumulativ runs:

Try to score highest in 3 battles:
Same calculations as in Arena. If you use the Voting gauntlet bonus unit you get double points
The Team consists of 4 units:
1 is the unit you picked
2 are units that you can pick from your friendlist IF they support the same character
1 unit is from a random strange person

The enemy Teams will consist:
2 Enemy units of your Friend list that support the oposing Bonus unit with approximitly the same point range as your own unit
If this falls short, it will pick 2 Enemy units of Friend list  with lower point range
2 units are random picked Strangers that sport the same point range as your own unit.

You can run this as many times as you want until you have the highest score with a deathless run or whatever. in the end all points get cumulated and the winner is chosen!
Bear in mind loosing fights is tracked and gives at the end bonus points to the oposing enemy.

So bring in your best buitl favourite character that is represented in the Gauntlet, and set your best built unit as the front leader for other friends on the same side to be picked!

Edited by Hilda

20 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Especially if it's the exact character they're supporting. Honestly, I think I hate those type of players more than the multiplier mechanic at this point mostly because I've given up on the idea that it's ever going to get canned.

Though since I'm being a cheap-ass and using a Lvl. 1 4* Tharja for this round, what I get as the rando doesn't matter since the friend unit (your Brave!Ike has been one of the regulars for me this round btw) stomps the feeble resistance put in front of them.  

Vg challenge is pretty shallow imo so no worries about that exploit. Is could have easily fixed by now - for example by making lv. 40 entry units mandatory

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Vg sucks imo. There is so many ways to make it more interesting. Imo the should include some sort of challenge to it and base the number of flags/votes on that. Otherwise its just catching the multiplier - people who need to go to sleep during the final hours are at a clear disadvantage.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

i think they should change it to a mini Arena type of gameplay with cumulativ runs:

Same calculations as in Arena. If you use the Voting gauntlet bonus unit you get double points
1 is the unit you picked
2 are units that you can pick from your friendlist IF they support the same character

2 Enemy units of your Friend list that support the oposing Bonus unit with approximitly the same point range as your own unit
If this falls short, it will pick 2 Enemy units of Friend list  with lower point range
2 units are random picked Strangers that sport the same point range as your own unit.

You can run this as many times as you want until you have the highest score with a deathless run or whatever. in the end all points get cumulated and the winner is chosen!
Bear in mind loosing fights is tracked and gives at the end bonus points to the oposing enemy.

So bring in your best buitl favourite character that is represented in the Gauntlet, and set your best built unit as the front leader for other friends on the same side to be picked!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind some changes either, particularly a name change. It isn't really voting at all. And I think what you suggest sounds fair.

The bet didn't pay off....Ah well, thankfully this is only round 2 so I have a chance to make up for it during the finals. 

I really hate "Same" hell. Last gauntlet I had to waste all my flags during the last 3 hours because the multiplier never came, and now history repeats itself.

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

1 is the unit you picked

I think giving double points for a bonus unit in Voting Gauntlet is a bad idea.  People who want to support a new and/or 5* exclusive unit will be at a huge disadvantage.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I think giving double points for a bonus unit in Voting Gauntlet is a bad idea.  People who want to support a new and/or 5* exclusive unit will be at a huge disadvantage.

I’ve never been a fan of the bonus points in VG. It almost seems like a punishment if you don’t have the character you want to support. I feel it’d be better if they just got boosted stats in the same way they do for tempest trials.

7 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

The bet didn't pay off....Ah well, thankfully this is only round 2 so I have a chance to make up for it during the finals. 

I really hate "Same" hell. Last gauntlet I had to waste all my flags during the last 3 hours because the multiplier never came, and now history repeats itself.

I made sure to spend a few flags yesterday, in case there weren't as many multipliers today.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’ve never been a fan of the bonus points in VG. It almost seems like a punishment if you don’t have the character you want to support. I feel it’d be better if they just got boosted stats in the same way they do for tempest trials.

That would be nice.  It might make it easier to solo the map with your unit if you get two of the same color as your unit.

The only way I see Faye winning this round would be to close the gap in the next 2 hours and somehow hold on to a lead in "Same" for another 2.

Unlikely, Tharja will probably win this one. A little sad. Kinda wanted to see the dark horse make it to the final round. Not sure to do with my last hour of flags though. 400 Left and the next multiplier could be the last one. If Faye's next multiplier results in a "same" then I'm out of luck and so is my rank.

EDIT: Ok experts... this is Faye's next multiplier, spend flags or no? Is this her last one?

Edited by Zeo