• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Neopolitan said:

Faye is overwhelmingly hated while Sigurd is almost universally loved. I've been part of this community for 8 years and have heard people sing constant praise about FE4 and Sigurd.

She still has fans, Tharja outnumbers her 3:1 and it's still a nailbiter.  Some people dislike her, but the people who dislike her are very vocal, so she seems more disliked than she actually is.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Dorcas didn't give Sigurd a multiplier last time and the multiplier was only 6.9 vs the 7.4 it is now.  Sigurd will probably get a multiplier, but it's not a guarantee.  Even if he doesn't, he might be able to rally without it to pull into the lead.

Dorcas was also a lot farther behind then than he is now.

Just now, Neopolitan said:

Faye is overwhelmingly hated while Sigurd is almost universally loved. I've been part of this community for 8 years and have heard people sing constant praise about FE4 and Sigurd.

I don't think that's as big of a factor here. The only thing that is going to influence is the amount of salt we're getting if Sigurd loses to the multiplier.

Many have grown tired of this mode and see it only as a feather dispenser (myself included) so it's not like people only go for their favorites here, hence the feather mercenary tag. 

If Faye and Sigurd end up going to the final round, I imagine the off-banner Deirdre I pulled off Sigurd's banner is going to be like :|

Just now, Alexmender said:

I don't think that's as big of a factor here. The only thing that is going to influence is the amount of salt we're getting if Sigurd loses to the multiplier.

Many have grown tired of this mode and see it only as a feather dispenser (myself included) so it's not like people only go for their favorites here, hence the feather mercenary tag. 

Dude, I hated this mode before I started playing the game. It's a matter of trying to make one sided battles look fair with multipliers that get increasingly more generous. Only thing in it for me is hoping that at least Sigurd loses so that I can walk away with a smile on my face and more feathers.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dorcas was also a lot farther behind then than he is now.

Yes, but stranger things have happened, so it helps to hedge one's expectations.

If Sigurd wins the whole gauntlet, I'm posting the song "O Holy Night." The pun is too clever right now since it's a Christmas carol and it's December. :P Holy Night, Holy Knight, get it? lol

...Actually, I'll post for Sigurd winning round 2 too for good luck in the final!

Edited by Anacybele

I'm curious, but do loser get more feathers than winners? Shouldn't it be the other way around.

Also, hopefully Sigurd wins and I can see if I have people on my friends list on Team Sigurd and see if they got my PA!Azura.

2 minutes ago, Neopolitan said:

Dude, I hated this mode before I started playing the game. It's a matter of trying to make one sided battles look fair with multipliers that get increasingly more generous. Only thing in it for me is hoping that at least Sigurd loses so that I can walk away with a smile on my face and more feathers.

Fair enough, I stopped caring since the Camilla rolfstomp during the fliers gauntlet. Right now I only care about getting the most rewards I can out of this mode. I lowkey want the finals to be Sigurd vs. Faye because she's going to give so many bonuses due to the salt from Tharja fans who'll join Sigurd out of spite (and if she pulls a Shanna even better).

Just now, Alexmender said:

Fair enough, I stopped caring since the Camilla rolfstomp during the fliers gauntlet. Right now I only care about getting the most rewards I can out of this mode. I lowkey want the finals to be Sigurd vs. Faye because she's going to give so many bonuses due to the salt from Tharja fans who'll join Sigurd out of spite (and if she pulls a Shanna even better).

I don't want Sigurd to win, because the FE4 fandom will point at it and scream, "See, that right there is the superiority of FE4!" Like they've been doing since before I joined the fandom.

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I'm curious, but do loser get more feathers than winners? Shouldn't it be the other way around.

Also, hopefully Sigurd wins and I can see if I have people on my friends list on Team Sigurd and see if they got my PA!Azura.

Techically the winner gets more but it also entails more effort because the bigger the team the less multipliers they get so you need to set alarms and stuff to caught up to every single one while the losing team doesn't need to do this thanks to their constant multipliers which make kind of safe to hold off until the bigger ones (around 6x) to get a good cumulative score without a lot of stress.

1 minute ago, Neopolitan said:

I don't want Sigurd to win, because the FE4 fandom will point at it and scream, "See, that right there is the superiority of FE4!" Like they've been doing since before I joined the fandom.

Right...Although I don't know if the alternative is better. If Sigurd loses it's almost guaranteed that people will scream "Sigurd got beated by a thot, this is rigged, 3DS sucks, Faye is as bad as Fatesawakening blah blah blah". I find that in the end this is always a LOSE/LOSE situation because people take these things too seriously, like I always want to say "Chill bro, it's just a game no need to go that far" but that's never a good idea.

11 minutes ago, Neopolitan said:

Oh god, that's what the FE4 community is? I'm just supporting Sigurd because he looks like someone I want to learn more about. I saw the a walk through of FE4 and just thought is looked boring.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I want Faye to win because she is cute, nice, sweet, and caring whenever Alm isn’t around. Also I actually have her, unlike Sigurd.

And even when he's around, she's most of those things. She's just slightly worse at social interaction and avoiding the wrong phrases.

Just now, Poimagic said:

Oh god, that's what the FE4 community is? I'm just supporting Sigurd because he looks like someone I want to learn more about. I saw the a walk through of FE4 and just thought is looked boring.

Yeah, the FE4 community is quite bad. Which is why I want Sigurd to lose, because the ensuing salt will be entertaining.

Fingers crossed for Sigurd to get a final hour multiplier. XD I've got 150 flags left. Don't like saving too many because the possibility of "same hell" is all too real in this things. But I've got a pretty decent rank atm. Sadly, I didn't get as much ally variety this time around, and I actually had to delete a few people from my friend's list because they had normal Ike as their lead. >.> I waited a bit before deleting them, but I was really REALLY tired for the dead weight. I think @Tarilaan's Hinoka was my most common ally. 38 DEF is pretty sweet. That Bonfire hurts. 

But for reals. >.> I'm really tired of getting red allies.  

Spoiler

D3C59DA5-A160-4C61-8912-09FF1047DB1A.thumb.jpeg.915a643db09f9c1eb073800b643cec00.jpeg

What fresh hell is this? At least they weren’t brave bow

At this point I’ve given up on Dorcas winning the VG and I’m just dumping whatever flags I have left for more feathers. Maybe we’ll overshoot so much that Sigurd won’t catch up? Doubtful

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Well, it pretty much is. They want to push you to blow orbs/money on the gauntlet banners to get the unit you want to support if you don't have them already. I think it'd be nice if they changed it too, but I doubt they will.

Yeah that’s true. I guess I forgot to consider the business side of this.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

The 1.1 modifier isn't too punishing, but doubling the score would be prohibitively punishing to anyone without the unit they want to use.

Well it’s not that bad when there’s no multplier in play but once you start with the multiplier that 10% has a noticeable impact 

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

More like pushing for summoning for characters for the tempest trials, there are more rewards there than in the voting gauntlet. And the newer TTs come tied with a recent banner.

Eh, I don’t find it that bad in TT since you can keep trying over and over as long as you have stamina so all it really does is speed up the process

Edited by NegativeExponents-
Weird size font

10 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

If you want to learn more about him, you should play the game and don’t look at the “community”. There are some divisive features in gameplay that not many like… but the game overall is very, very enjoyable. Just don’t pay attention to the toxic “fans”.

9 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

And even when he's around, she's most of those things. She's just slightly worse at social interaction and avoiding the wrong phrases.

Exactly. The demonisation she underwent in the fandom is not deserved at all.

@Neopolitan: Well, I’m only one guy and don’t speak for all the fans… but it sucks that there are such overzealous folks. But there are bad apples everywhere.

Edited by Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Each of the FE communities sucks in their own different way. I wouldn't say the FE4 community sucks above the others.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Exactly. The demonisation she underwent in the fandom is not deserved at all.

That's what I tried to say before Echoes was released and after, but it's like talking to a brick wall, am I right?

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well it’s not that bad when there’s no multplier in play but once you start with the multiplier that 10% has a noticeable impact 

Especially in the final round given team sizes. Really sucks considering the odds of having two specific characters, usually at least one of which is 5* locked.