• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

7 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well it’s not that bad when there’s no multplier in play but once you start with the multiplier that 10% has a noticeable impact 

But it's 1% now, not 10%. Still, it does have a noticeable impact.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, but I don't dislike Faye at all. She's not one of my favorite characters, nor if I'm honest do I really like her all that much, but I don't think she deserves to be hated. There are a variety of factors as to why she's hated, I think. I suspect that if Faye was a character in a not-remake crushing on an avatar, that people would've been all right with her. But because she's crushing on Alm, who has a canon love interest Celica, suddenly it's a big no-no even if Faye herself is friendly with Celica and gives up on Alm in their A-support.

Also, there are some people I know who seem to like Tharja and Camilla for their "darker and edgier" side. Faye looks more sweet than anything. So of course even though all three of them have a crush Faye is apparently the "worse" character :/

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, there are some people I know who seem to like Tharja and Camilla for their "darker and edgier" side. Faye looks more sweet than anything. So of course even though all three of them have a crush Faye is apparently the "worse" character :/

It's all in how they dress. Tharja and Camilla dress slutty, while Faye dresses very sensibly. So Faye gets hate, while the other two get loved.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

Do they not like Faye because of her love for Alm? I don't see a problem with that. 

It's because Celica exists.

1 minute ago, Neopolitan said:

It's all in how they dress. Tharja and Camilla dress slutty, while Faye dresses very sensibly. So Faye gets hate, while the other two get loved.

No, I mean that there are people I know who like their "darker and edgier" thing, not the way they dress. Basically, the same people who make excuses for Camilla being a yandere because she was traumatized by the concubine wars and who think Tharja is an interesting character once you get past the avatar thing for being not genuinely nice. But because Faye looks like a sweet simple girl, they think she's boring or a bitch who's trying to get in Alm and Celica's way.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But it's 1% now, not 10%. Still, it does have a noticeable impact.

No it’s still 10%

if you use no flags that’s 100 points but if you use, say Sigurd since you’re on team Sigurd, you get an additional 10 points which is 10% the original value. I hope I explained that well

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

No it’s still 10%

No, it's 1%.

Sigurd got his multiplier just as expected! DUMP YOUR FLAGS, TEAM! I'm going to use my Light's Blessings if necessary too. I have enough flags!

Faye... could win this. Tharja has to rally if they have any feathers left. If Faye supporters want to win they'll burn whatever flags they have left. As for me? I'm all done and out of flags, with payoff.

jyduFyb.png

What. Even.

Edited by Zeo

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's because Celica exists.

No, I mean that there are people I know who like their "darker and edgier" thing, not the way they dress. Basically, the same people who make excuses for Camilla being a yandere because she was traumatized by the concubine wars and who think Tharja is an interesting character once you get past the avatar thing for being not genuinely nice. But because Faye looks like a sweet simple girl, they think she's boring or a bitch who's trying to get in Alm and Celica's way.

That's odd. The way I see Faye, she takes rejection from Alm respectably well, while Rhajat, Camilla, or Tharja would try to kill the person they love of said love rejected them.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No, it's 1%.

Sigurd got his multiplier just as expected! DUMP YOUR FLAGS, TEAM! I'm going to use my Light's Blessings if necessary too. I have enough flags!

I think he's talking about the 10% bonus you get for using the unit, not the trigger to activate the multipliers. If you use the same unit you're rallying you get a 10% bonus in your score (110 instead of 100).

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

No it’s still 10%

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, it's 1%.

...I'm pretty sure you guys are talking about two different things. NegativeExponents- is right that the bonus to your individual score per match is increased by 10% when using the character of the team you're supporting. And Anacybele is right that the the difference in overall score that's necessary to cause a multiplier is now 1%, while it used to be 10%. 

Edit: @Alexmender, I'd be more upset about the ninja if we weren't in agreement.

Edited by DefaultBeep

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

I think he's talking about the 10% bonus you get for using the unit, not the trigger to activate the multipliers. If you use the same unit you're rallying you get a 10% bonus in your score (110 instead of 100).

Ohhh. My bad for misunderstanding then.

EDIT: Yeah, I think we were, DefaultBeep. Oops. xP

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

That's odd. The way I see Faye, she takes rejection from Alm respectably well, while Rhajat, Camilla, or Tharja would try to kill the person they love of said love rejected them.

People get weird when it's a beloved canon pairing that's "under threat". Rhajat, Camilla, and Tharja all want the avatar, who is not an established character with an established pairing, so it's not so much that they're "getting in the way" of two people who were meant to be together. Also, some people like yanderes. I have no idea why, but apparently that is a thing.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

...I'm pretty sure you guys are talking about two different things. NegativeExponents- is right that the bonus to your individual score per match is increased by 10% when using the character of the team you're supporting. And Anacybele is right that the the difference in overall score that's necessary to cause a multiplier is now 1%, while it used to be 10%. 

That... makes more sense. Thank you for clearing that up

7 minutes ago, Neopolitan said:

I can assure you I liked Tharja for her awkward dark mage persona. Besides her outfit and that one dlc, she's not nearly as sexualised as people like to claim she is. What with "Thotja" being thrown about.

As for Camilla, sure, I can't argue for others, and I'm positive that there are plenty who only take her appearance into account. Hell, I'm a fan, too. But I need more than appearance to keep me liking a character, and I liked Camilla's slightly unhinged motherly persona.

I do like Faye, too, and agree she's massively overhated, but I can also see the argument that when you take into account that she was added into the game as a new character, she added very little.

I'm pretty sure the reason why people dislike Faye is because of her and Silque's support line. She just reminds me way too much of those people who are like "sorry, I only hang out with BOYS because girls are too much drama", etc. There's really no reason to treat Silque like that. I have no problem with her Alm support. 

1 minute ago, Logos said:

Dorcas now has 2 bill lead, and we have a 7.5x mutiplier, and 48 minutes until the Round ends... sigh

That means Sigurd has the multiplier till the end, sort of like what happened during both Karel vs Takumi and Soren vs Takumi.