• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Frenzify said:

I can assure you I liked Tharja for her awkward dark mage persona. Besides her outfit and that one dlc, she's not nearly as sexualised as people like to claim she is. What with "Thotja" being thrown about.

As for Camilla, sure, I can't argue for others, and I'm positive that there are plenty who only take her appearance into account. Hell, I'm a fan, too. But I need more than appearance to keep me liking a character, and I liked Camilla's slightly unhinged motherly persona.

I do like Faye, too, and agree she's massively overhated, but I can also see the argument that when you take into account that she was added into the game as a new character, she added very little.

When I say that it's because of their dress, I don't literally mean every single fan. I'm talking about it being a common thing.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ciarre said:

I'm pretty sure the reason why people dislike Faye is because of her and Silque's support line. She just reminds me way too much of those people who are like "sorry, I only hang out with BOYS because girls are too much drama", etc. There's really no reason to treat Silque like that. I have no problem with her Alm support. 

Sadly, I know tons of girls like that.  At least I did back in high school, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Logos said:

Dorcas now has 2 bill lead, and we have a 7.5x mutiplier, and 48 minutes until the Round ends... sigh

No, it's more like 1.5 bil. Sigurd should still have this. Dorcas COULD pull a Shanna, but it's pretty unlikely.

Welp, looks like Tharja might get Shanna'd. Too bad.

I'll probably join Faye though if Tharja loses. I don't dislike Sigurd and I actually have him, but I never played FE4.

And while we're talking about Faye being "universally hated;" I don't think she's that disliked by the general playerbase. The vocal minority of Serenes and some of the other hardcore FE communities isn't really a good measure to go by, from what I've seen.

I totally understand why people dislike Faye, but one reason I don't feel the need to be so harsh on her is because quite a few of her mistakes or the non-appealing parts of her characters are things that pretty much everyone has done in their lives -- and anyone who says that they didn't are probably lying. Things such as (either knowingly or unknowingly) saying something to manipulate a situation to your advantage (after Alm and Celica argue) or giving off a not-very-nice impression of yourself (Faye and Silque supports), it's definitely not great but we've all made mistakes like that. So as long as Faye doesn't show evidence of being that same person the entire way through, I can't say I hate her for these things.

Being creepy yandere stalkers, on the other hand, is just no for me. I find the majority of Tharja's supports to actually be cool, and I think I might find her to be an intriguing character if not for her avatar stalking and her Noire support. Those two things just ruin her entire character for me, even if the rest of it is all right.

12 minutes ago, Ciarre said:

I'm pretty sure the reason why people dislike Faye is because of her and Silque's support line. She just reminds me way too much of those people who are like "sorry, I only hang out with BOYS because girls are too much drama", etc. There's really no reason to treat Silque like that. I have no problem with her Alm support. 

This is the reason why I'm not really a big fan of her.  I don't hate her, but I don't like her because she came off as pretty mean in that support.

I dislike Faye because 90% of her dialogue, without hyperbole, is about Alm.

Really, even Camilla and Tharja talk less about Corrin and Robin than Faye talks about Alm. I just find that insufferable.

Anyway, happy Sigurd is winning another battle. 500 feathers are nice.

Edited by Nobody

meanwhile in Dorcas army 

89cc1d8edb670ebb33008d65f37e86d1.png

i can't believe Nintendo let someone say fuck

also i don't like Faye because all i know about her is her obsession with Alm. with Silque she freaking shafts her because she's obsessed with Alm. sure maybe in the last support it was like okay i actually wanna be friends...but that's the A support...the A support is Faye saying "i would like to know more about you." i don't know if i want to blame the writers or hate Faye, but regardless i don't like the result. 

so after Dorcas loses i'll prob join Sigurd on the theme of enduring love because one of the things i don't like about Tharja, though i mostly like everything else about her, is her stalkery grossness towards the avatar (even if there could be plot relevant explanations for it). i also am not a fan of "Sigurd walks onto a forest tile and instantly marries Deidre because "wuv at first sight"" but...i'm sure their relationship is solid despite the...questionable decision of instant marriage...i've only played one chapter past that though in FE4 so idk much except barbecue memes and Sigurd's tragic life story.   

6 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

@Rezzy is your Bride Cordelia +4 I think I've been getting her for most of my matches.

Yeah, are you on team Dorcas?  Although I'm not sure how it works if no one on your Friend's list is on the same team as you.

I actually like Faye's look out of all her, Tharja and Camilla but I think part of the fact she's hated a lot is because most of her dialogue is about Alm. Unlike Camilla/Tharja who have other supports, Faye's character is just limited to one non-Alm support, and that's the Silque support which unfortunately paints a bad/worse (?) light to her. Yeah she does get better in A support but maybe it just leaves a bad taste because people wanted more from Faye than just Alm-related convos? What is she like if we get rid of anything Alm-related? We don't get as much of that side of her, and we get a glimpse when Celica recruits her, but it's just unfortunate that she's just limited character-wise.

Anyway looks like I'll have 1000+ flags for next round. I hope there's lots of multipliers.

Bad idea I know but I want to weigh in real quick on why I dislike Faye. Literally all of my problems with her stem from her lack of characterization outside of her obsession with Alm. I really think that her potential was pretty much destroyed by her lack of supports outside of Alm and Silque, nether of which I think were handled well at all. Her support with Alm is interesting in how unhinged she progressively gets, but there is no resolution good or bad after that and it really rubs me the wrong way. Silque's supports I found painful to read. Faye is an unrepentant jerk and is forgiven waaay to easily for my taste. The apology Faye gives Silque reminds me of the insincere ones my cousins would give each other after they fought when we were kids. 

The fact that those are the only looks we really get into Faye other than a few other more obscure scenes is why I can't like her. With Tharja and Camilla they at least have more supports and exploration of their characters. It might not be necessarily good, but it is more than poor Faye ended up with. That said I do vastly prefer Faye's design to Tharja's and Camilla's, when I first saw her I really was hoping she would be at least an alright character. I wanted to like her but from my point of view there is nothing of substance there worth liking. 

On the gauntlet side, fun stuff not having to switch teams. RIP Dorcas, you were always my second choice.

9 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

This is the reason why I'm not really a big fan of her.  I don't hate her, but I don't like her because she came off as pretty mean in that support.

I'm not a Faye hater, but she only has two Support Convos and both of them are bad.  She either comes off as a bitch in her Silque convo or continues her Alm fawning with Alm.  She doesn't have any other convos to show another side to her character, so she comes off as very one dimensional, and that one dimension isn't good.

@DarkLordIvy You ninja'd me with the same sentiments right as I was writing.

Edited by Rezzy

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Really, even Camilla and Tharja talk less about Corrin and Robin than Faye talks about Alm. I just find her insufferable.

Yeah, this is also one of my big reasons why I can't stand her. The other is that her character was completely unneeded since we already had someone else (Clair, who should've been in Faye's place for this gauntlet) who has an unrequited crush on Alm so based on that Faye just comes off to me as a completely pointless addition to Gaiden's cast, from a character standpoint at least.

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Really, even Camilla and Tharja talk less about Corrin and Robin than Faye talks about Alm. I just find that insufferable.

Pretty much this. I'm not the biggest fan of Tharja or Camilla, but at least they do seem to have other things going on. Faye was added as a new character into a game and brought absolutely nothing. She has no real lines outside of crushing on Alm. People say she gets over in the end, but her ending is that she randomly disappears from her family for long periods at a time. People say war screwed her over, but she's seen heavily crushing on Alm even as a child when Celica is first in the village.

I think for me, the moment that fully tipped it over, is when she even writes home to her family about Alm and when told to write about herself says something like 'But Alm is all I have'. I really hated that. So it's not about her dress  at all for me. I was actually glad to see a new female character who actually wore clothes... but then they made her that. It was the biggest disappointment in Echoes for me. 

Edited by Cute Chao

Aw man, did we just lost?

Apparently the topic of the day, is why we dislike Faye. Yeah this wouldn't have happened if Tharja actually won would it? Other than people complaining how T & A is winning the contest.

Edited by Zangetsu

I dislike Faye because she's been an off-focus pity breaker twice. As far as the actual game goes, i don't really use her, so I can't say if I like her one way or another. XD 

I'm pretty stoked to have gotten a final hour multiplier. I'm going to have a pretty sweet overall score going into the final battle.

I'm the worst kind of teammate, who conserves feathers at the non-multiplier end because I'm banking on the rest of the team doing it instead.

Actually, I suppose that'd be the second worst kind. The worst are the ones who put crap people as their lead, I suppose.

Edited by Johann