• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

I think you & I are only one that think of Fayse as such.

"Bad writing/supports" and "limited supports" aren't necessarily limited to just Faye, though, which is why I discount that when I'm trying to evaluate characters. The entirety of the Fates cast is probably victim of awful writing, but I hate most of them anyway because I can't look at only the potential they had. I have to see what they actually are in the way everything was written.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, should I be a cruel asshole and set Deirdre as my lead for the finals just because?

Though really, I do legitimately like Sigurd so if he wins, it'll only mean that I'll end up with 500 less feathers. For now, I'll keep my ToD!Henry and his Hone Atk/Hone Spd combo up front for Team Tharja unless if anyone has any objections.

After consulting with some friends, it looks like I’m joining Team Tharja. Unless anyone on my friends list has serious objections, I’ll be setting either Jeorge or Fae as my lead (feel free to voice any preference you have either way as well. Everyone on my “The Reps” team deserves a shot as my VG lead at some point).

Before I forget again, the shoutouts for this round! First up, @Astellius‘s Tiki, who laid waste to hordes of Bow units. @Ciarre‘s Soren never really seemed to show up when the enemy team had a horse, but he’s powerful enough that he doesn’t need the effective damage bonus to roll over a map. Rounding out my three most-sighted friend units was someone name Discreator’s +10, Distant Counter Amelia, which was always fun to use.

Edited by LordFrigid

Even the guys on reddit say that Tharja/Sigurd are like 51%/49% split. I'm glad I have both of them so there's nothing to worry about in terms of having a bonus character but having it almost even is super annoying.

This is why I wanted Faye to win, it's easier to choose the obvious underdog when it comes to feather income

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

"Bad writing/supports" and "limited supports" aren't necessarily limited to just Faye, though, which is why I discount that when I'm trying to evaluate characters. The entirety of the Fates cast is probably victim of awful writing, but I hate most of them anyway because I can't look at only the potential they had. I have to see what they actually are in the way everything was written.

This will always be difference between you & I. The cast of Fates aren't bad, the story is. Faye only has 2 support that barely makes her go beyond a 1 noted character.

3 minutes ago, Neopolitan said:

I hate Sigurd and find him boring. Much like I find most of the rest of FE4.

As much I think the Genealogy is over rated as all hell, I'm going to assume this isn't blind hate?

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@Ciarre‘s Soren never really seemed to show up when the enemy team had a horse, but he’s powerful enough that he doesn’t need the effective damage bonus to roll over a map. 

Heh, I'm glad he could take out some non-horses. I got your Caeda several times and boy, does she just stomp everything. She makes me want to build one of my own! 

Just now, Zangetsu said:

As much I think the Genealogy is over rated as all hell, I'm going to assume this isn't blind hate?

I will admit that he has redeemable qualities, I just... I don't find Sigurd nor the game interesting. I admit the plot is good in Generation 1, but the second generation just... I couldn't stand the plot really.

5 minutes ago, Neopolitan said:

I will admit that he has redeemable qualities, I just... I don't find Sigurd nor the game interesting. I admit the plot is good in Generation 1, but the second generation just... I couldn't stand the plot really.

I don't know too much about Genealogy, but from what  I can tell the game looks outdated. I also don't like how over hype Arvis is & how the story tells me how I should feel about him.

6 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

So the mutton had its run but lost, huh? Well, onto Team Barbecue!

Now that just mean.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Now I'll have to pick between honor (Sigurd) and feathers (Tharja)

I don't have a Sigurd, but I do have a level 1 4* Tharja I can use for bonus. However, I really don't like her. Hmm...

We're in the same boat.

I've gone through this entire VG as a feather merc with no personal investment in Faye and the feather rewards have been glorious. However I'm against supporting Tharja and I'm completely for Sigurd.

It's up in the air who has the bigger army though and my score is taking an unavoidable hit if I switch to Sigurd. *grumbles*

To anyone disputing between who to go to for feathers, just go for your favourite. Nothing is certain in these VGs. So don't vote for a character you don't even like just for feathers, because if they don't win, then it's kind of double the loss. I say this as someone on Team Tharja, even, who should be recruiting rather than pushing away.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

However I'm against supporting Tharja and I'm completely for Sigurd.

What happened to supporting whom you actually like?

@Frenzify: Great minds think alike, except mine isn’t that great.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

We're in the same boat.

I've gone through this entire VG as a feather merc with no personal investment in Faye and the feather rewards have been glorious. However I'm against supporting Tharja and I'm completely for Sigurd.

It's up in the air who has the bigger army though and my score is taking an unavoidable hit if I switch to Sigurd. *grumbles*

I kind of want to root for Team Sigurd so we have a different winner.

So I tried to summon him. No red orbs. Then I got sidetracked and summoned in Children of Fate banner and there was 1 red orb.

4 star -Atk Tharja.

Guess it's a sign. Cheesing the finals with Tharja then!

Just now, NoirCore said:

Well, time to back Sigurd and cool things off.

But Sigurd is hot.

Also IS totally offed two girls in a row with fire. Another bonfire in FE16? Needs a new archetype, methinks.

2 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

To anyone disputing between who to go to for feathers, just go for your favourite. Nothing is certain in these VGs. So don't vote for a character you don't even like just for feathers, because if they don't win, then it's kind of double the loss. I say this as someone on Team Tharja, even, who should be recruiting rather than pushing away.

I'd like to do that but I'm torn on more than one front. I like both Tharja and Sigurd so I'm ok going with either of them and more importantly I like Clair more than those two combined so I want to get the most feathers I can to give her a Killer Lance+ and Quick Riposte 3.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

The hell are you on? Obviously we're just competing to get the most feathers. :lol:

Feathers come and go, but favourites stay in your heart.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

Is this a sign that it was good going Team Sigurd or that I should've gone team Fae.

Yes.