• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Vaximillian said:

She is a healer without Wrathful or Dazzling in her base kit!

In one of my matches, I got a Priscilla whose staff was upgraded to include wrathful. That I didn't mind. But I hate it when people send out healers with neither wrathful staff or dazzling staff as their ally. I don't really think healing is all that useful in the gauntlet!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sunwoo said:

I don't really think healing is all that useful in the gauntlet!

I don’t really think the 3v3 formula is all that well thought-out. As you say, healers are useless in the mode, and we get healers as participants every now and then.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t really think the 3v3 formula is all that well thought-out. As you say, healers are useless in the mode, and we get healers as participants every now and then.

The whole vg isnt thought out well for various reasons. Imo there should be some relation between challenge/flags-votes/rewards.

Like if you go in with a lv.1 unit you get 1 vote for starters, lv.40 means 40 votes etc. If you win with all units votes x3, with one unit votes x1. No lights blessings. Bonus unit votes x1.1.

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of an unmodified MIST:

Screenshot_20171210_184639.png

Mist is everywhere.

Jeez, Mist. Hope Brave Ike and Tharja were able to do the heavy lifting in her place.

Awwww, sorry Faye. I joined team Tharja because I like her just fine and I have her; given the choice I will always choose feathers as there isn't a character that I dislike. 

#thotsforfeatherssticktogether

However, if I did have Sigurd as well I would have joined him because I do like him more of the two. It's a shame - Deirdre and Seliph are waiting patiently for him. Arvis is too, but he doesn't have to know that. Well, I guess this kind of treachery is why he refuses to come home. Good luck to both teams~

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Camilla had a chance at becoming the first person to win twice too. And Lucina did. Tharja’s not the first.

OH MY GOSH

I KNOW

BUT THEY DID NOT SUCCEED

I am not saying she s the first to have a chance, I'm saying she might be the first person to actually pull it off

You really grind my gears sometimes >:T

Spoiler

nitpicking me to death

The sad thing about this Gauntlet is, is that it's so close it might have been the next Chrom vs Ephraim, if not for the mulitplier.  They were within 1% for the first couple hours.

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Prediction tracker predicts rubber banding all the way until the end of the match. Probably best to save flags for the end in this case.

Don't trust that.  It's so close, that if we get back to sameland, it might be there for a very long time.  I'm going to spend a few flags today, just so I don't have too many left with no bonus hours to use them in.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Okay, I'm going to need non-red units for Team Tharja :/

I need blue, green and colourless units

I've got Barst as my lead if you want to add me. My ID is 9346382259.

My randoms were mostly male Robins but thankfully they've stopped coming in. He doesn't cover Tharja's weakness to decent resistance blue units well enough. I actually got my first loss of this gauntlet because a Linde murked my entire team on her own. My friend's Henry was just barely one rounded because she had deathblow 2. He had 51 HP and she did 26x2. Curse you, math! He died to do all of zero damage. Tharja and Robin were helpless against her as well. Now that Robin is gone, ally Tharjas have been cycled in and that's even worse. Plus I keep getting my friend's red Henry as an ally. All it takes is one blue with respectable resistance, RIP. I'm not deleting that  + 10 Henry so I'll probably just use a level 1 Tharja to guarantee victory during multipliers.

Edited by Momentai~

Fellow Team Sigurd peeps: please change your lead to something that is not Red.  I've been seeing more Reds than Joseph McCarthy this morning.

Guh, I hate it when randos are trying to sabotage a VG. My random allies keep being under equipped reds/tharjas. If it weren't for the fact that I didn't once get a bad Faye I could excuse the Tharjas as people not understanding the team 1 slot 1 thing(I know I didn't get it until part way through the first gauntlet I played in. . . maybe I shouldn't have admitted to that). But the amount of crap builds/characters I am getting is more than a little annoying. I don't care who wins at this point, I just want my points/feathers.

My friend list units at least are doing some carrying even if some are red, I got a Phillip on my list who's Ayra keeps carrying the day, including killing a Sapphire Lance Azura. But yeah for multipliers I might just have to pull out a lvl 1 Tharja. I don't really like doing that but some folks. . . well maybe I shouldn't assume the crap builds are there to intentionally sabotage Tharja team members.

7 minutes ago, Usana said:

Guh, I hate it when randos are trying to sabotage a VG. My random allies keep being under equipped reds/tharjas. 

Are you getting my Sharena? Your Amelia has been a huge help for the previous rounds.

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Prediction tracker predicts rubber banding all the way until the end of the match. Probably best to save flags for the end in this case.

Now it's predicting basically no multipliers tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Fellow Team Sigurd peeps: please change your lead to something that is not Red.  I've been seeing more Reds than Joseph McCarthy this morning.

I swapped from SLeo to Takumi a bit ago to celebrate the Fuujin Yumi upgrade, hope that helps.

I can swap Escape Route to Vantage as well if that helps.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I swapped from SLeo to Takumi a bit ago to celebrate the Fuujin Yumi upgrade, hope that helps.

I can swap Escape Route to Vantage as well if that helps.

Thanks, I hope I get him.

I'm running my Titania, so hopefully that helps people who need Greens.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

You are a machine, I can’t not grind your gears.

?

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm running my Titania, so hopefully that helps people who need Greens.

Your hone cavs actually helped my Sigurd, but I think you should swap that to something else just in case other people aren't using Sigurd

ALSO

Can you eventually give Titania a slaying axe so she can be somewhat useful in case I fight a team with all reds? That emerald axe can be a tad polarizing when fighting certain matchups.... just a suggestion :D:

Now I know where all the Robins went. Screenshot_2017-12-10-08-14-21.thumb.png.ba01d6877d90a5ca422703df3e3647b1.png

Yes, that Robin is holding a bouquet. I feel as though we just interrupted a wedding. Unfortunately Robin was taken out in one hit so he didn't get a chance to throw the bouquet. Don't worry Tharja, there's another one over there and he didn't just become a bride. There's a decent chance he might be the groom though.

Just now, Arcanite said:

?

Your hone cavs actually helped my Sigurd, but I think you should swap that to something else just in case other people aren't using Sigurd

ALSO

Can you eventually give Titania a slaying axe so she can be somewhat useful in case I fight a team with all reds? That emerald axe can be a tad polarizing when fighting certain matchups.... just a suggestion :D:

I don't have an extra Slaying Axe to give her.  I only have the one Amelia, and I don't want to kill her.

I gave her Hone Cav specifically since most people are running Sigurd, but if anyone on my friend's list is on team Sigurd and isn't running him, I can change it.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't have an extra Slaying Axe to give her.  I only have the one Amelia, and I don't want to kill her.

I gave her Hone Cav specifically since most people are running Sigurd, but if anyone on my friend's list is on team Sigurd and isn't running him, I can change it.

Can't you give her Killer Axe+ from someone and then use weapon refinery to upgrade to Slaying Axe? Just throwing a suggestion out there.

1 minute ago, Tragonight said:

Can't you give her Killer Axe+ from someone and then use weapon refinery to upgrade to Slaying Axe? Just throwing a suggestion out there.

That's a bit more expensive for an inferior build, though.