• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

The gauntlet is a boring mode that should go and die in lava.

It is? Hope they will replace it one day with something good.

Btw I wonder if next year is gonna be the same - two weeks TT grindfest, one week voting event and a week off. I fear the design of the game doesnt leave many opportunities for anything else.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

The gauntlet is a boring mode that should go and die in lava.

It helps free to plays get enough feathers for a 4 star > 5 star promition in half a week instead of the usual 2 weeks. I don't see how you can object to that. Granted that Tempest trials do the same thing but better

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

It helps free to plays get enough feathers for a 4 star > 5 star promition in half a week instead of the usual 2 weeks. I don't see how you can object to that. Granted that Tempest trials do the same thing but better

Press button, receive feathers. Very engaging game mode. In a game. Hell yeah.

Scrap this shit and replace it by a more exciting feather dispenser that doesn’t separate the community by fandom allegiances, makes good use of friend units, and doesn’t require the player to sit on the clock fishing for multipliers.

Edited by Vaximillian

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Scrap this shit and replace it by a more exciting feather dispenser that doesn’t separate the community by fandom allegiances, makes good use of friend units, and doesn’t require the player to sit on the clock fishing for multipliers.

Idk, I kind of enjoy the VG.

• Get ~10k feathers in one week
  • Use whale units for free
  • Chill fights with my bros that don't cost stamina
  • ~150 Sacred Coins to upgrade the latest seals from TT
  • ~20 orbs to use on Xmas/CoF banner
  • Seeing people get irrationally upset over a competition between cute anime characters is kind of very amusing. 

I don't like checking my phone constantly for multipliers, but I don't mind the format.  It gives units with less fan support a chance to win, like Shanna.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'd personally like to see something that focuses more on the battles. Not that I'd expect anything, but I'd think it'd be interesting if it was something where you have to pull a certain amount of weight on your team by reaching an achievable quota, and the team with a higher percentage of quotas met gets the win. That way, there's pressure to play, but not pressure to play at specific times of the day. Also, units lower than level 40 have reduced value to avoid cheesing, if battles matter more at that point.

2 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Idk, I kind of enjoy the VG.

The tempest is almost the same except with stamina and without salt. And it actually requires your agency, unlike staring at the multiplier pendulum.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The tempest is almost the same except with stamina and without salt. And it actually requires your agency, unlike staring at the multiplier pendulum.

Hopefully in 2018, new maps are released to give us a new challenge.  It's lonely at the top.

Also, I believe I know what your problem is: you've been getting only infuriating red support units.  I've solved this little dilemma by going back to good ol' Reinhardt.

6 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Also, I believe I know what your problem is: you've been getting only infuriating red support units. 

Nope, @Ice Dragon’s green Ike has been a constant in this round. And some male Robin often comes to join my Tharja for battles. It’s like it’s almost a canon pairing.

…I still S-supported male Robin with female Robin because I could:
xHINN0m.jpg

I like how the 1% multiplier makes the matches a little more exciting, but it's quite frustrating on the individual level.  I'm sitting on 2400 flags right now because I kept waiting for late multiplier swings that either don't happen, or not with enough frequency.  It doesn't seem like there's any right solution other than to get lucky and hope the numbers swing the right way.  Spend 'em too early, and you risk a late game surge ruining your rank, hold on too late and you'll be shut out by the early birds if the multipliers stop.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Nope, @Ice Dragon’s green Ike has been a constant in this round. And some male Robin often comes to join my Tharja for battles. It’s like it’s almost a canon pairing.

I still S-supported male Robin with female Robin because I could:
xHINN0m.jpg

Great choice.  If their passionate love affair doesn't produce a Minotaur, then probably their child will have beautiful, snow-white hair and the ability to shred Horse(sh*t) Emblem.

I always felt that the CYL VG would have been a good note to end on. Popularity contest about a popularity contest. So meta.

For a community based event, I'd like something in which your team has to work together in order to unlock prizes at increasingly high tiers. "So everybody will just join the same team" I hear you say, well, just make it so the players don't choose their team. They play some preliminary matches to qualify, then the game sets them up with a team at random in order to create a balanced amount of players per team. There would be no multiplier-like element over the course of a week, you can grind the mode all at once, or just enough to complete some daily quests. This way teams can really "rally". And being stuck on a rando team gets people talking and exchanging their codes every month rather than one and done.

Oh, your borrowed units would have uber stats too. And as a battle starts, the game would serve you a choice between three potential units from your friends list, assuming you have three friends on the same team.

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

…well, just make it so the players don't choose their team.

The only thing this would promote is strife and discord. No thanks, I’d rather join the team of a character I actually like than the one I got arbitratily assigned to.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The only thing this would promote is strife and discord. No thanks, I’d rather join the team of a character I actually like than the one I got arbitratily assigned to.

Oh another thing, teams wouldn't represent characters anymore. They would represent countries like Begnion or Nohr. They could represent classes like Warrior or Sage. Dragon Tribes. Maybe these new four elements/seasons?

Edited by Glennstavos

I've said this before, but just take out the flags. Make the scores about performance like the arena. Have the overall score of the team be the average.

It takes out popularity. It takes out the arbitrariness of the multiplier. You can still have the community feel by having one friend unit, and one random. And it should (but probably wouldn't) take out the toxicity directed to popular characters since it wouldn't be a popularity contest. Consequently, you could have less popular characters have a perfectly good chance of winning without any funny business.

Anyway, I can talk about how terrible I find the current system till I'm blue in the face, but there's no real point.

Edited by Frenzify

29 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I like how the 1% multiplier makes the matches a little more exciting, but it's quite frustrating on the individual level.  I'm sitting on 2400 flags right now because I kept waiting for late multiplier swings that either don't happen, or not with enough frequency.  It doesn't seem like there's any right solution other than to get lucky and hope the numbers swing the right way.  Spend 'em too early, and you risk a late game surge ruining your rank, hold on too late and you'll be shut out by the early birds if the multipliers stop.

I think I’ve gotten it figured out.

First two rounds - pick the underdog, burn all flags at 6.5 multiplier or above.

Third round - may not be a clear underdog (see current VG), use your flags 4.0+, the numbers can get so big that even at 1% multipliers are not a sure thing.

I followed this and am currently at cumulative rank 94.  I don’t think there will be enough multiplier rounds left to knock me out of the top 1000, but we’ll see.

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So Sigurd has a multiplier and I have 400 flags.

Is this the time to spend or will we be back and forth for a while and the best bet's to wait for a higher multiplier?

I’m willing to bet it’s going to go back and forth for at least a couple of hours. I’d wait for the higher multipliers. 

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

I see you are a man of culture.

This should have been possible back in Awakening.

2 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

I swear if Tharja wins, I will go back to hating her. I was just now warming up to her and now this happens. Jeez.

Why hate Tharja again? She didn't do anything wrong this time. At all.

@mcsilas: Same hell. Only the last hour had a multiplier in favour of Sigurd.

Edited by Vaximillian