• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Tharja fans played their cards right and stopped playing the second-to-last hour.

Legit, that’s exactly what I did last hour, didn’t play at all.  It’s refreshing for the multiplier to be denied an upset, like with Shanna.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least I’m on the winning team in the end. 

Not a fan of Tharja person (I don’t hate her unlike some people I just don’t find her appealing), despite me joining her. I just hope this makes IS retire characters who won in previous gauntlets.

Just now, thanny said:

She won by multipliers and RNG, everyone knows that.

Tharja won fair and square, as shown in her first victory.

Then you should’ve rephrased your previous post. Shanna won thanks to feather mercs. 

If anything, this just adds more salt to my bitterness regarding this terrible excuse of a mode. 

I mean, my problem is not so much with Tharja beating Sigurd (because as much as I dislike her she did have the bigger team), but more the fact that 1) she got to be in a gauntlet for the THIRD TIME THIS YEAR, despite having already won a previous gauntlet where she DIDN'T need to be a participant, and 2) Rhajat, a literal clone of Tharja was also in the gauntlet. Both of those put together were really bullshit, and unlike the dragon gauntlet there is no justification to have both Rhajat and Tharja as participants.

Are the development team even trying, seriously? People have been complaining about the voting gauntlet since it started, yes, but at this point it's like whatever changes they make just make things worse rather than better. Maybe people would complain less about the voting if they would actively attempt to make it better rather than just make it more bullshit swingy with a poor lineup of participants.

More important, though, why are we seeing the same characters over and over again? Leo, Elise, and now Tharja have had their third time in the gauntlet. Elise and Tharja had even won before, and now Tharja's going to win again. Are they really so unoriginal to keep putting the same characters in over and over again? This gauntlet's theme was vague enough to justify putting literally anyone in the gauntlet, and yet they chose Tharja and Rhajat? How about Deirdre, the other half of Sigurd? Why does enduring love even have to be "romantic" love? Familial love as an enduring love could've worked too. If they knew that they wanted to have a CYL gauntlet with the top four male and female winners as a "lock" they really should've found a way to NOT have Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla in previous gauntlets this year.

Here's another weird thing: why is it just a select few characters who are getting multiple reruns in stuff? Like Leo, Elise, and Tharja being in three gauntlets and Xander getting a story role as Veronica's key lackey and two seasonal banners? Lyn and Ike, who were also top CYL scorers, have only been in one gauntlet. The CYL gauntlet. And Ike hasn't had any seasonal banners either. Xander didn't even do that well in the CYL poll, and Leo scored lower than Takumi. So clearly there's more than just CYL favoritism going on. I think it's developer bias. A little bit of developer bias is fine, sure, but when you're literally putting the same characters in the gauntlet before most characters even get one go, when you have approximately 150 unique characters to go from, that's gone too far.

There are a lot of problems with the gauntlet, but I'm starting to think it's deeper than just the gauntlet. It smells like developer bias, and I don't find it cool.

RIP Sigurd. Oh well. He did his best. XD His family's proud of him. Tharja's family is probably hiding from her. XD Kinda bummed that my ranking ended up kind of tanking, but oh well. I'll get some decent feathers. Maybe by next week I'll have replenished my 100k stash and I can start promoting some more merges.

2 minutes ago, a bear said:

Get ready for when she takes off the wig

Hide contents

OSQWLWym.jpg

OMG. Can this happen, plz? XD

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But she already won a gauntlet and was in two of them before this one. Seeing a repeat winner this soon is boring when so many characters haven't even been in a gauntlet. And Tharja isn't even really a character with any sort of enduring love. She's just an obsessive stalker.

Personally though, I also despise her greatly, so it hurts even more for me...

My Thoughts exactly,I also Utterly Despise Tharja,I hope sigurd pulls through somehow.

I really don't want her of all people to win another Gauntlet,Idk why people would actually vote for a child abuser and a creepy obsessive Stalker. 

1 minute ago, Jbunzie said:

My Thoughts exactly,I also Utterly Despise Tharja,I hope sigurd pulls through somehow.

I really don't want her of all people to win another Gauntlet,Idk why people would actually vote for a child abuser and a creepy obsessive Stalker. 

That's why I don't get why people like her. She's so horrible as a person (for the most part) and her character is mostly just that and her obsession with Robin. I feel like they just think she's hot and that's all. :/ I personally don't find her that pretty. Imo, several Awakening females are much better looking.

Edited by Anacybele

Signing in real quick to say GG Team Tharja, it was a wild ride. While I utterly despise Tharja with every fiber of my being, I have no hate for her fans, and you guys clearly had more intelligent teammates unlike SOME CERTAIN FANS on Team Sigurd. Hopefully the salt isn't too overwhelming and people aren't doxxed again.

4 minutes ago, a bear said:

Get ready for when she takes off the wig

Reveal hidden contents

OSQWLWym.jpg

Is it bad I kind of really want this to happen?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Tharja won the first one fairly, sure. But she is not a fitting winner for this one since she hardly fits the theme. I don't know what IS was thinking when they decided she'd be in it. Sigurd fits the theme way more.

Though to be honest, I only think half this gauntlet's candidates truly fit "enduring love." I don't see how Priscilla, Catria, Tharja, and Rhajat fit it much at all. The latter three are just obsessive stalkers or in Catria's case, an unrequited love that she keeps a secret. Priscilla doesn't even have someone she loves a lot. Not really "enduring love" at all.

I think Tharja fits the theme fine enough, especially given the characters currently in the game to chose from. And as for Rhajat, they clearly went with the angle of Tharja's soul transcending the universe or whatever it is to also be connected to the avatar character again through Rhajat.  So I guess that's the enduring connection they're going for. That said, Rhajat is also pretty clearly hamfisted in to force people to split orbs between 2 banners for all the fates kids. I'd say that's the main thing they wanted.

And like you say, not like all the others fit perfectly either, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. IS sure doesn't seem to.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, my problem is not so much with Tharja beating Sigurd (because as much as I dislike her she did have the bigger team), but more the fact that 1) she got to be in a gauntlet for the THIRD TIME THIS YEAR, despite having already won a previous gauntlet where she DIDN'T need to be a participant, and 2) Rhajat, a literal clone of Tharja was also in the gauntlet. Both of those put together were really bullshit, and unlike the dragon gauntlet there is no justification to have both Rhajat and Tharja as participants.

Something I said in my Discord server. Rahjat was introduced, literally to pad this gauntlet out, there was no other reason.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Are the development team even trying, seriously? People have been complaining about the voting gauntlet since it started, yes, but at this point it's like whatever changes they make just make things worse rather than better. Maybe people would complain less about the voting if they would actively attempt to make it better rather than just make it more bullshit swingy with a poor lineup of participants.

I lost count of how many different times I voiced this in said Discord server, and even in this very goddamn topic.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

More important, though, why are we seeing the same characters over and over again? Leo, Elise, and now Tharja have had their third time in the gauntlet. Elise and Tharja had even won before, and now Tharja's going to win again. Are they really so unoriginal to keep putting the same characters in over and over again? This gauntlet's theme was vague enough to justify putting literally anyone in the gauntlet, and yet they chose Tharja and Rhajat? How about Deirdre, the other half of Sigurd? Why does enduring love even have to be "romantic" love? Familial love as an enduring love could've worked too. If they knew that they wanted to have a CYL gauntlet with the top four male and female winners as a "lock" they really should've found a way to NOT have Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla in previous gauntlets this year.

I actually agree on the whole Dierdre should've been in the gauntlet and Familial love being a thing.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Here's another weird thing: why is it just a select few characters who are getting multiple reruns in stuff? Like Leo, Elise, and Tharja being in three gauntlets and Xander getting a story role as Veronica's key lackey and two seasonal banners? Lyn and Ike, who were also top CYL scorers, have only been in one gauntlet. The CYL gauntlet. And Ike hasn't had any seasonal banners either. Xander didn't even do that well in the CYL poll, and Leo scored lower than Takumi. So clearly there's more than just CYL favoritism going on. I think it's developer bias. A little bit of developer bias is fine, sure, but when you're literally putting the same characters in the gauntlet before most characters even get one go, when you have approximately 150 unique characters to go from, that's gone too far.

The fact that this is a thing doesn't at all surprise me. Like I said before, the matchups seem deliberately one-sided almost as if to punish people for playing the game.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

There are a lot of problems with the gauntlet, but I'm starting to think it's deeper than just the gauntlet. It smells like developer bias, and I don't find it cool.

100% agree on this one.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except that doesn't always happen anymore due to multipliers? I will never understand why Tharja is popular though.

Tharja won the first one fairly, sure. But she is not a fitting winner for this one since she hardly fits the theme. I don't know what IS was thinking when they decided she'd be in it. Sigurd fits the theme way more.

Though to be honest, I only think half this gauntlet's candidates truly fit "enduring love." I don't see how Priscilla, Catria, Tharja, and Rhajat fit it much at all. The latter three are just obsessive stalkers or in Catria's case, an unrequited love that she keeps a secret. Priscilla doesn't even have someone she loves a lot. Not really "enduring love" at all.

I understand the character not being everyone's cup of tea, or your reasoning for not finding her character particularly appealing. But as said, this is a popularity contest.

I think Tharja (not sure about Rhajat) matches the theme because she performs hexes and curses just for a chance to get with the player if left being single, basically devoting the rest of life to the player. So I think they may not need to be romantically involved to enter from IS's perspective. Same thing goes for Faye, her love for Alm never dies down even if she settled with another man.

Just now, Alkaid said:

I think Tharja fits the theme fine enough, especially given the characters currently in the game to chose from. And as for Rhajat, they clearly went with the angle of Tharja's soul transcending the universe or whatever it is to also be connected to the avatar character again through Rhajat.  So I guess that's the enduring connection they're going for. That said, Rhajat is also pretty clearly hamfisted in to force people to split orbs between 2 banners for all the fates kids. I'd say that's the main thing they wanted.

And like you say, not like all the others fit perfectly either, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. IS sure doesn't seem to.

There are other, probably more fitting characters Tharja could've been replaced with. If unrequited love counts, why not Titania? She loved Greil. Or Cordelia? Who is also a popular Awakening character. She was in one gauntlet already, but that was a long time ago, and that's still fewer gauntlets than Tharja had. Cordelia also was not already a winner. And these two characters had legit love for people. Tharja just weirdly obsesses and stalks.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Here’s a VG theme for you: Blondes VS Redheads

Leo, Elise, Corrin XX, and Corrin XY vs Hinoka, Cordelia, Priscilla, and Minerva

Let's get some fresh blood in there.

Well, that's disappointing. But it was a coin toss, somewhat unaffected because somehow I figured she would win. On to more important things like ranking. I managed to stay in the top 30k and with no multiplier there's no way I'm going to be bumped out of the top 5k (currently 2,552, isn't that funny?).

So that's looking like 2,500, 500, 2,100, 2,300, 2,600. That's a flat 10k feathers. The most I've ever gotten from a gauntlet. I'm a feather merc, and this was a win. Just wish Faye had made it to the final round so my rank could have soared and Sigurd could have won like he deserved to.

GG peeps, you knew it would end this way. Keep your salt dispensers topped up.

Edited by Zeo

2 minutes ago, thanny said:

But as said, this is a popularity contest.

And as I said, no, it isn't. Not with multipliers involved. Otherwise, Shanna wouldn't have won a gauntlet and we also wouldn't have seen male Corrin beating Young Tiki or Camilla losing to Lyn, and so on.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's why I don't get why people like her. She's so horrible as a person (for the most part) and her character is mostly just that and her obsession with Robin. I feel like they just think she's hot and that's all. :/ I personally don't find her that pretty. Imo, several Awakening females are much better looking.

She isn't pretty at all,Has no character aside from Stalking Robin,And why is she popular because apparently people find character stalking them hot,I for one feel very uncomfortable with it,as much as I don't like awakening and their characters you're right there are far prettier girls than her.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If unrequited love counts, why not Titania?

I don't want the characters I love anywhere near these gauntlets anymore.  If I care about who wins, the whole thing just irritates me.  Though Titania would probably be an underdog, so my expectations would be low.

Look, I'm gonna be real with ya on this, I didn't want Tharja to win. I wanted it to be Faye vs Dorcas in the final round. Because I happen to like both characters. I wanted Dorcas to win the entire thing. But he didn't. And I couldn't and still cannot pull a Dorcas, so that's why I didn't join his team.

9 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Then you should’ve rephrased your previous post. Shanna won thanks to feather mercs. 

If anything, this just adds more salt to my bitterness regarding this terrible excuse of a mode. 

Probably should have, my bad.

But then again, I didn't think I needed to clarify and factor in RNG and multipliers when discussing a popularity contest and everyone already knowing how she won and how popular Takumi is compared to her.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh no, not the salt. Okay, thread, this isn’t fun.

/unsubscribe

Seriously. And the VG isn't even over yet.

I'm out. Enjoy your winning and consolation feathers, everyone.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Leo, Elise, Corrin XX, and Corrin XY vs Hinoka, Cordelia, Priscilla, and Minerva

Let's get some fresh blood in there.

I was thinking of a line-up like this:

Redheads: Minerva, Titania, Eliwood, Hinoka

Blondes: Leo, Arthur, Jeorge, Clair