• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jbunzie said:

She isn't pretty at all,Has no character aside from Stalking Robin,And why is she popular because apparently people find character stalking them hot,I for one feel very uncomfortable with it,as much as I don't like awakening and their characters you're right there are far prettier girls than her.

Totally agreed. I feel very uncomfortable with her around in the game too. And far prettier girls indeed too.

And I'm not into "goth" but I have liked gothic characters before. In fact...

latest?cb=20160410050903

^Gothic girl with crush on the main character done right. Why couldn't Tharja be more like this amazing young lady?

Enduring love is a ridiculously open-ended topic in FE, though. Not enough justification to put Tharja and Rhajat in over characters who haven't had even one go in a gauntlet. Here, I'll pick ten characters who haven't been in a gauntlet and show how they have enduring love.

Alm+Celica: although they hadn't seen each other since they were children, even though they argued and went their separate ways when they met again in the game, they never stopped loving each other
Reinhardt: despite being on the opposite side as his sister, despite never being playable, he loved her so much that not only does he not attack her but he also gave her a very overpowered sword to help her in the fights that would come
Oboro: she loves Takumi in all three paths, and in Conquest she tries to confess her love to him in her dying breath
Virion: he's flirty with women and wants to get married, but he also loves his country and people even when they turned on him
Frederick+Jakob: love for their liege, even if not romantic. Still counts.
Lilina: love for Roy, love for her country, and her father
Bartre: love for his daughter and for Karla
MARTH: why has this man not been in a gauntlet? He would've fit perfectly here -- love for his country, love for his sister, love for Caeda, love of peace. You name it.

Edited by Sunwoo

Oh yeah, VG technically isn't over yet... maybe Sigurd can actually win this. :P Ahhh I should learn to never get my hopes up when it comes to VG, especially after Catria's loss.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Well, I hope my Titania was useful to people at least.  My final cumulative rank should be somewhere around 6K, which isn't too bad.

Considering I frequently got incomplete/weird randoms more than half the time, your Titania saved my butt a lot, so thanks!

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, I hope my Titania was useful to people at least.  My final cumulative rank should be somewhere around 6K, which isn't too bad.

I got her several times! DC!Titania is the best. I have no regrets sacrificing a Hector to her. She was fabulous against many a blue mage, and Sigurd appreciated the buffs. :3 Thank you very much.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Enduring love is a ridiculously open-ended topic in FE, though. Not enough justification to put Tharja and Rhajat in over characters who haven't had even one go in a gauntlet. Here, I'll pick ten characters who haven't been in a gauntlet and show how they have enduring love.

Alm+Celica: although they hadn't seen each other since they were children, even though they argued and went their separate ways when they met again in the game, they never stopped loving each other
Reinhardt: despite being on the opposite side as his sister, despite never being playable, he loved her so much that not only does he not attack her but he also gave her a very overpowered sword to help her in the fights that would come
Oboro: she loves Takumi in all three paths, and in Conquest she tries to confess her love to him in her dying breath
Virion: he's flirty with women and wants to get married, but he also loves his country and people even when they turned on him
Frederick+Jakob: love for their liege, even if not romantic. Still counts.
Lilina: love for Roy, love for her country, and her father
Bartre: love for his daughter and for Karla
MARTH: why has this man not been in a gauntlet? He would've fit perfectly here -- love for his country, love for his sister, love for Caeda, love for his country. You name it.

I agree fully with this post too! I'm really surprised Marth has yet to be in a gauntlet. He wasn't even in the princes and princesses one!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I agree fully with this post too! I'm really surprised Marth has yet to be in a gauntlet. He wasn't even in the princes and princesses one!

It clearly shows how Marth has fallen from grace. To think that he used to be the poster boy for Fire Emblem...

Edited by Lord-Zero

Totally agreed. I feel very uncomfortable with her around in the game too. And far prettier girls indeed too.

And I'm not into "goth" but I have liked gothic characters before. In fact...

latest?cb=20160410050903

^Gothic girl with crush on the main character done right. Why couldn't Tharja be more like this amazing young lady?

Yass,I love Sam. XD 

Take notes Fire emblem. 

On 12/12/2017 at 4:33 PM, Anacybele said:

And as I said, no, it isn't. Not with multipliers involved. Otherwise, Shanna wouldn't have won a gauntlet and we also wouldn't have seen male Corrin beating Young Tiki or Camilla losing to Lyn, and so on.

And of course now the flawed multiplier system is brought up against my popularity contest argument when Shanna's brought up.

The whole reason of why it was added was so Awakening and Fates characters weren't winning by a landslide, which I have no problem with.

And people demanded for a more 'fair' approach, so they sloppily implemented this temporary band-aid. And now it's suddenly a bad thing because a character no one wanted to win won?

Don't blame other people's favorite characters for winning fairly or unfairly, because without multipliers, Sigurd had no chance. Blame how easy it is to manipulate and abuse this system.

We can go back to pre-multiplier eras, if you want fairness for a popularity contest, but just don't expect non-Awakening and Fates character to have a good chance of winning most of the time.

Edited by thanny

2 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Oh yeah, VG technically isn't over yet... maybe Sigurd can actually win this. :P Ahhh I should learn to never get my hopes up when it comes to VG, especially after Catria's loss.

Considering I frequently got incomplete/weird randoms more than half the time, your Titania saved my butt a lot, so thanks!

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I got her several times! DC!Titania is the best. I have no regrets sacrificing a Hector to her. She was fabulous against many a blue mage, and Sigurd appreciated the buffs. :3 Thank you very much.

I'm glad she was useful.  She's definitely the unit I've put the most work into.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm surprised that Marth has pretty much been ignored in FEH.  He hasn't gotten any seasonal costumes, he hasn't been a part of the "plot" at all, not even in a Tempest yet.  You'd think for being the face of the series, he'd get a little bit of recognition.  And this is coming from someone who finds him a bit bland.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Marth is pretty much the face of the franchise and would've placed quite highly in CYL had his votes between FE1/11 and FE3/12 been combined, yet he hasn't been in any VG, never been a bonus unit in TT, and never received a seasonal.

Let that sink in.

Edited by SageOfAnys

2 minutes ago, Jbunzie said:

Yass,I love Sam. XD 

Take notes Fire emblem. 

I may rage quit Fire Emblem for good if self-righteous hypocrites who never face proper consequences like Sam end up being prominent characters.

EDIT: Also, Marth was cheated.

Edited by Sunwoo

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Leo, Elise, Corrin XX, and Corrin XY vs Hinoka, Cordelia, Priscilla, and Minerva

Let's get some fresh blood in there.

Not,not Leo I prefer My favourites to stay out of the voting gauntlet since they always gets screwed.

And I'm not into "goth" but I have liked gothic characters before. In fact..

I personally don't mind her stalkerish thing.  I think people are just taking her character too seriously in that regard. I think her character is fun,  and as for design, she's one of the top imo for Awakening. You may not think she's pretty, but a lot of people obviously do. (Cordelia's still my top for Awakening, though) She's not even really sexualized in the actual game, as she seems awkward and doesn't even know how attractive or not she might be.

That Danny Phantom girl (forget her name) is cool. I usually find the gothic look nice in general, so that was just another bonus for Tharja with me.

Just now, Jbunzie said:

Not,not Leo I prefer My favourites to stay out of the voting gauntlet since they always gets screwed.

How do you think I feel?  My son is named Leo.  My son is older than Fates' Leo, but I can't deny that it gave me a bias towards liking him to the point he's one of my favorite characters.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

@SageOfAnys@Anacybele I'm also suprised that Marth hasn't been very prominent in this game, being what I can assume is the mascot of FE heroes.

Also, @Rezzy, I got you're Titania at the end, and I will say, if ever get two Hectors, Titania will be an option for DC. 

Yep, she's a pretty good choice for DC.  Although in my case, it was more me wanting to build up one of my faves.

5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@SageOfAnys@Anacybele I'm also suprised that Marth hasn't been very prominent in this game, being what I can assume is the mascot of FE heroes.

Also, @Rezzy, I got you're Titania at the end, and I will say, if ever get two Hectors, Titania will be an option for DC. 

FEH’s mascot is Feh, the owl while Fjorm is the current poster girl for the game itself. Rest In Potato, Veronica. You’ve been demoted. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm surprised that Marth has pretty much been ignored in FEH.  He hasn't gotten any seasonal costumes, he hasn't been a part of the "plot" at all, not even in a Tempest yet.  You'd think for being the face of the series, he'd get a little bit of recognition.  And this is coming from someone who finds him a bit bland.

6 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Marth is pretty much the face of the franchise and would've placed quite highly in CYL had his votes between FE1/11 and FE3/12 been combined, yet he hasn't been in any VG, never been a bonus unit in TT, and never received a seasonal.

Let that sink in.

Yeah, seriously... How can the series mascot be so ignored in this game? I'm honestly getting tired of IS's 3DS pandering too...

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

That Danny Phantom girl (forget her name) is cool. I usually find the gothic look nice in general, so that was just another bonus for Tharja with me.

Samantha, pretty much always called Sam for short.

9 minutes ago, Jbunzie said:

Yass,I love Sam. XD 

Take notes Fire emblem. 

Yes, she's awesome!