• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feather Results:

Round 1 (Catria): 2,100
Round 2 (Dorcas): 2,100
Round 3 (Tharja): 2,300 + 500
Cumulative: 1,800

Total: 8,800

Shoutouts to @Hawk King's Steady Breath/QR Lukas I kept getting in round 2.  Literally every time he's attacked it's a Bonfire proc.  Satisfying as hell.

3 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Really? I was always under the impression that Sigurd, at most, would probably feel uncomfortable with the knowledge that Deirdre would have a child with another man, but considering his kind nature, would probably take Julia under his wing and accept her as his own.

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Well...that was an interesting final round.

The shoutouts, as usual! Or, one shoutout...because I'm pretty sure only @Ice Dragon, whose Brave Mercenary Ike laughed off a lot of battles, is on this board of the people I got units from. I also saw the +10 Steady Breath/QR Ephraim of some guy named Nova, who was always a welcome sight both for his own combat abilities and for his buffs (no upgraded Siegmund though, I was suprised). Finally, one Discreator's Amelia graced a lot of my battles toward the latter half of the gauntlet.

See you all next gauntlet!

Is he really that kind of guy?

7 minutes ago, Logos said:

Sigurd would actually probably hate Julia's existence.

10 minutes ago, OliKad said:

So I guess some people can't get enough of a gimmicky child abuser, since they let her win once again, while ignoring one of the better lords in the franchise...

Oh well, I shouldn't be salty like that, but I am honestly a bit bitter :/

Actually, Sigurd didn't take Dierdre's betrayal all that well.

TDTznN6.png?1

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah I mean, it was a fanservice character from what's now likely the most well-known FE game against a lord whose game is yet to be made officially available to Western audiences. This result shouldn't even remotely be a surprise, just putting that out there.

Fan service? More like the need of child protection service. Tharja's not even ... I don't understand people's tastes.

Just now, LordFrigid said:

I feel that he may be overreacting =P .

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

TDTznN6.png?1

Actually he mistaked her for Julia. lol

3 minutes ago, Logos said:

Considering that Julia's the child of his stolen wife, and a man who burned him and all of his comrades to dust, I don't think there's any way Sigurd could have any attachment to Julia if he ever saw her again. Even if she looked like Deirdre.

If he thought about Julia's birth it would probably make him mad every time. So I reason he might hate Julia.

I don't think he would hate her more like he would have a hard time coming to terms with her in how it would be awkward for him at first to accept the daughter of the man who took Deidre away.

I got about 8,500 feathers or so. Could have had a bit more if I used flags on Tharja's last multiplier, instead of holding for the final round, but I'm happy with it.

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Oh well. I'll just have to move on. I'll probably will build up that 5 star Peri I have had since the Threaten Def banner all the way back.

Go for it bro, she's a lot of fun.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

TDTznN6.png?1

I laughed harder at this than I should have. Especially since it explains why I can't pull Dierdre.

13 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Mistaking his wife for a child he's never seen, though?

If Seliph cut his hair shorter, Arvis would be incinerating Seliph because that's just what he does.:Arvis:

11 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I don't think he would hate her more like he would have a hard time coming to terms with her in how it would be awkward for him at first to accept the daughter of the man who took Deidre away.

I mean why put Sigurd up to such high standards? I mean why would he care at all for Julia, maybe if he knew Seliph loved her, he would come to terms with it, but if he didn't? Juia's birth would be a wrong in his eyes. Why would Sigurd hold her life above his honor, especially considering everything her birth represents.

Edited by Logos

Ouch, my got pushed to rank 5076 for the final round and rank 10,302 overall. I could of possibly gotten 800 more feathers if I saved more flags for those late multipliers. Oh well, I still got enough feathers to promote another 4 star unit. Maybe its finally time to promote Sharena so she can join Anna, Alfonse and Fjorn in the 5 star club?

2500+1700+2700 (+500)+3000=10400. Whoa, that's a good feather score. I seem to recall 10200 from last Gauntlet so it's my new record. And last Gauntlet was due to the incredible pick of Shanna from Round 1. GG everybody. With such an even matchup for the finals, there was no telling who would win.

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Its okay guys some kind souls on twitter fixed things.

That abomination deserves to be burned by Arvis 100x at the Battle of Belhalla.

...And because of that, it's perfect.

I was not expecting Tharja to actually win this but at least I came out with a sizable amount of feathers from this.

Regarding Marth, it is strange that he hasn’t gotten any sort of attention such as not having a seasonal alt. or being a bonus unit for VG or TT but I doubt that IS completely forgot about him. (keyword: completely) maybe he’ll be in the Christmas banner? (I’m personally aboard the Santa Hector train but I doubt it’ll actually happen)

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I personally don't mind her stalkerish thing.  I think people are just taking her character too seriously in that regard. I think her character is fun,  and as for design, she's one of the top imo for Awakening. You may not think she's pretty, but a lot of people obviously do. (Cordelia's still my top for Awakening, though) She's not even really sexualized in the actual game, as she seems awkward and doesn't even know how attractive or not she might be.

Yeah Tharja was not sexualized in the game like at all (outside of dlc) Yeah her outfit isn’t really modest I guess but I never really noticed until people pointed it out and she does have a personality outside of stalking the avatar so she isn’t even as gimmicky like most other characters.

edit:  T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶S̶i̶g̶u̶r̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶m̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶

(G̶o̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶o̶b̶i̶l̶e̶)

Edited by NegativeExponents-

28 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Yeah Tharja was not sexualized in the game like at all (outside of dlc) Yeah her outfit isn’t really modest I guess but I never really noticed until people pointed it out and she does have a personality outside of stalking the avatar so she isn’t even as gimmicky like most other characters.

Tharja's gimmick is more her hexes and hex research, not her stalking.

I find sigurd to be pretty lukewarm as a charather, so I don't mind him losing.... especially if I take gameplay things into account.A vote for sigurd is more anti-gameplay than asking for the next FE to be a visual novel

I mean he is interesting during his  major story beats- but a lot of his other decisions are simply tackling whatever is in front of him and he is just a little bit bland.

I also don't like him as a FEH unit that much either- Tharja is a fun and easy to learn character because she's a red nino/linde and even has the advantage of not being annoying as them because you don't encounter her as an enemy unit way too much like you do with them due to the meta being unfriendly to her....

Sigurd on the other hand is a mixed tank that ends up only damaging and not fully counter killing  a lot of stuff on enemy phase.. Other than trying him out, I don't think I've ever really been blown away by him on any cavalry team, and I've never even pulled brave roy. Never mind that he really doesn't like a heavier dragon meta. 

So apparently according team Sigurd, the worst thing this gauntlet can do wasn't so much as to function it's original purpose but not allowing Sigurd to win.....

Yeah ok, so when the damn gauntlet gives us the best match since Chrom VS Emphraim the response is to whine about how one team lost the match.

Alright, so can anyone actually prove that Team Tharja cheated? & Don't just say she won because of the multiplier, prove she won only because of the multiplier.

Show the actual math to prove it!

Once again, there's a difference between being upset & over reacting & from what I can tell most of Team Sigurd doesn't seem to know difference. I bet you anything if Team Tharja lost, barely anyone would have whine about it.

Apparently only the minority knows what "good sportsmanship" is.