• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit...

I failed to use all my flags! I spent all day summoning and forgot to do Voting Gauntlet!

Oh also Sigurd lost, dang and stuff, who could ever think Everlasting Love could come so close to beating Boingy bits and all that stuff okay yeah I didn't really care who won, the game really should let you opt out of a team once per gauntlet because I was stuck on Sigurd the whole time...

I only got about 6000 feathers out of this gauntlet due to a combination of betting on the wrong horse every time (Catria -> Dorcas -> Sigurd) and CET timezone shenanigans murdering my rank every time. Really sick of being screwed over by the gauntlet system. 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, seriously... How can the series mascot be so ignored in this game? I'm honestly getting tired of IS's 3DS pandering too...

Samantha, pretty much always called Sam for short.

Yes, she's awesome!

3DS pandering save for the fact that we just got the first normal 3DS banner since launch, not including Echoes (they're not really targeted as much by the fanbase as a 3DS game and, being a new game, Echoes had an excuse)? (As for 3DS seasonals, I feel IS just sees them dressing up in costumes as safer due to their games also having out-of-place fanservice.) Plus, we haven't gotten a 3DS TT since the first one (again, excluding Echoes). Give IS some credit, here. :P

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I only got about 6000 feathers out of this gauntlet due to a combination of betting on the wrong horse every time (Catria -> Dorcas -> Sigurd) and CET timezone shenanigans murdering my rank every time. Really sick of being screwed over by the gauntlet system. 

I really don't like gauntlets either, I feel like they're completely archaic by design and just not enjoyable. At the same time, I desperately need feathers. I seriously wish they'd replace this game mode with something else that actually uses friend units properly.

26 minutes ago, Neopolitan said:

Dude, there's not a whole lot of salt in this topic.

The last couple page could've fooled me. Either way it doesn't change how the Voting Gauntlet did what it was originally designed to do.

44 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So apparently according team Sigurd, the worst thing this gauntlet can do wasn't so much as to function it's original purpose but not allowing Sigurd to win.....

Nice generalization. Because apparently, all of team Sigurd (and team Tharja) is a hivemind and think exactly the same way.

Ephraim Disgusting.jpeg

First Julia and now Sigurd. It seems my younger self had the right idea killing Tharja in Awakening without talking to her (I mean I also killed Gaius without talking to him but that's beside the point xD).

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Nice generalization. Because apparently, all of team Sigurd (and team Tharja) is a hivemind and think exactly the same way.

Sure y not? If the lack of sportsmanship means hive mind then I don't have any actual reason that's not the case.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Sure y not? If the lack of sportsmanship means hive mind then I don't have any actual reason that's not the case.

Besides, I, and probably many others, are in the boat of 'we personally hate that Tharja won, but can objectively see that this was a fair outcome.'

...'Just not right now.'

The majority of people in this topic have been civil. If you want to complain about specific people in specific places doing specific things, then cite that. Don't come to a place that has been mostly well behaved and act like everyone on one side except a small majority is like that.

Edited by Sunwoo

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yep, that's game. Congratulations team Tharja! Now to wait an hour for us all to reap the wonderful feathery rewards.

My apologies, I'll try to be less aggressive and scathing the next time my VG team loses.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

The majority of people in this topic have been civil. If you want to complain about specific people on specific sites doing specific things, then cite that. Don't come to a place that has been mostly behaved and act like everyone on one side except a small majority is like that.

I seen that last couple pages complaining how Tharja doesn't deserve this win. You included.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

My apologies, I'll try to be less aggressive and scathing the next time my VG team loses.

That's kind of sportsmanship I'm talking about to begin with. I don't know why people can't act more like this.

Slightly disappointed that Sigurd lost, but whatever, its just a measly 500 feathers anyway. Just glad I pulled an Ephraim during the duration of this VG and he was fun to build and use during the event.

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I seen that last couple pages complaining how Tharja doesn't deserve this win. You included.

If the only thing you've gotten from my posts was that Tharja doesn't deserve the win, you need to learn how to read. I specifically said that I had no problem with Tharja beating Sigurd, even if I don't like Tharja at all. When Faye won against Rhajat the only comment I made about winning was how it felt undeserved, but I was happy for the feathers I got. The only thing I complained about regards to Tharja and the gauntlet was that they reused her THREE TIMES in the same year, especially when she already won a gauntlet. That argument is not limited to just Tharja, but applies to Leo and Elise and anyone else who's already been in more than one gauntlet as well. In other words, I'm not even complaining that Tharja won. I'm complaining because they didn't need to have Tharja as a participant in this specific one when so many characters haven't even had one gauntlet participant yet and the theme was open enough for others to have been chosen.

If you're going to call me a terrible person, then start by getting my argument right. Otherwise, you just look scummy.

Edited by Sunwoo

A tad annoyed about this, I really want this mode to just be replaced already, these are always more tiring than they should be.

gotta love @Zangetsu, only ever showing up in the voting gauntlet threads to show how virtuous he is and what good sportsmanship he has to the idiots who are even slightly annoyed about their favorite character losing and/or least favorite winning.

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If the only thing you've gotten from my posts was that Tharja doesn't deserve the win, you need to learn how to read. I specifically said that I had no problem with Tharja beating Sigurd, even if I don't like Tharja at all. When Faye won against Rhajat the only comment I made about winning was how it felt undeserved, but I was happy for the feathers I got. The only thing I complained about regards to Tharja and the gauntlet was that they reused her THREE TIMES in the same year, especially when she already won a gauntlet. That argument is not limited to just Tharja, but applies to Leo and Elise and anyone else who's already been in more than one gauntlet as well. In other words, I'm not even complaining that Tharja won. I'm complaining because they didn't need to have Tharja as a participant when so many characters haven't even had one gauntlet participant yet.

You're right & I jumped to the wrong conclusion. Doesn't change the fact there's nothing wrong with final round for this gauntlet. It did it's job for once.

12 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

A tad annoyed about this, I really want this mode to just be replaced already, these are always more tiring than they should be.

gotta love @Zangetsu, only ever showing up in the voting gauntlet threads to show how virtuous he is and what good sportsmanship he has to the idiots who are even slightly annoyed about their favorite character losing and/or least favorite winning.

Because calling someone a "thot" is a sign of good sportsmanship.

Edited by Zangetsu

Apparently, I somehow managed to pull off rank 130 (score 2,079,000) on Team Tharja and rank 4,479 (score 2,907,190) cumulative. I'm more surprised at my cumulative rank, but I suppose that's what happens when you literally spend all of your flags on mid to high multipliers (and forget to play for most of the first two rounds).

Still a bit bummed that we didn't get Rhajat v. Tharja in the semi-finals, though. I think that would have been fun.

I still wish we had gotten Hector v. Camilla for the CYL Voting Gauntlet finals. That would also have been fun.

Congratulations to Team Tharja. I wasn't on your team, but well fought. Tharja shall go down in the Voting Gauntlet Hall of Fame as the first character to win two separate Voting Gauntlets. We made history today. History that no one will care about soon enough, but history nonetheless.

Either way, I got a Rhajat from the Gauntlet banners, so it's been a good gauntlet for me either way.

Not that it matters a whole lot to me personally, since I can't f***ing pull to save my life, but why was Rathat on the gauntlet instead of Soleil? They really should've swapped places I think. Soleil makes more sense, and you avoid having double-Tharja in the gauntlet. You also make the color-distribution on the Fates banner a little better. 

Oh well, I sold my soul to Tharja for more feathers. Was privately rooting for Sigurd, WHOM I WOULD'VE LOVED TO SUPPORT IF I EVER PULLED HIM! That's what happens to 5* exclusives in voting gauntlets though. 

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

You're right & I jumped to the wrong conclusion. Doesn't change the fact there's nothing wrong with final round for this gauntlet. It did it's job for once.

And did I, specifically, say that there was anything wrong with the final round for this gauntlet? No. No, I didn't. So what is the point of saying that at me?

2 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

but why was Rathat on the gauntlet instead of Soleil?

Specifically to fuck over anyone pulling for either Soleil or Siegbert, but not both of them, by putting both of them on the same banner.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

And did I, specifically, say that there was anything wrong with the final round for this gauntlet? No. No, I didn't. So what is the point of saying that at me?

You wrote an entire paragraph on what was wrong with the gauntlet. Writing on what's been said before. I try to enjoy the finals & read something like that & it gets annoying hearing the same complaint. The final just happened  & instead you focus on what's said so many times before. Why put the effort into such a thing instead of enjoying the gauntlet functioning like it was originally intended?

I can't tell people not to be salty, as I still remember how much I hated Corrin's win, and it would be slightly hypocritical. But as glad as I am that Tharja won, I half wish she didn't because I am not looking forward to the response from this game's community... Well, besides some good fanart that doesn't depict her as a villain. Anyway, time to unsubscribe from the reddit for a while. Serenes Forest should be fine, as Gauntlet talk is pretty much kept in one place.