• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Specifically to fuck over anyone pulling for either Soleil or Siegbert, but not both of them, by putting both of them on the same banner.

I suppose they are fans of that business model, as we've seen in the past. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Zangetsu said:

You wrote an entire paragraph on what was wrong with the gauntlet. Writing on what's been said before. I try to enjoy the finals & read something like that & it gets annoying hearing the same complaint. The final just happened  & instead you focus on what's said so many times before. Why put the effort into such a thing instead of enjoying the gauntlet functioning like it was originally intended?

If you'd actually read that paragraph, then you'd know that I have a problem with the gauntlet in general, not this specific match. Things that come off as blatant developer bias can ruin the immersion of others, and if they insist on doing it repeatedly, people will get bored of the game because it's the same characters always being shoved in their faces. If I seem to be complaining about the same things about the gauntlets a lot, maybe that's because the developers apparently don't understand why some people are unhappy with the gauntlet -- making changes that show they don't really know how to fix it, like changing multiplier thresholds -- and those problems are still there! It's hard to "enjoy the finals" when I have a problem with the entire game mode in general and haven't been enjoying it for several months now.

Plus, none of this actually changes that I haven't shown poor sportsmanship or personally attacked people on team Tharja. Which you accused me of, need I remind you. Being disgruntled about the mechanics and writing a paragraph about it is not the same as showing poor sportsmanship.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

If you'd actually read that paragraph, then you'd know that I have a problem with the gauntlet in general, not this specific match. Things that come off as blatant developer bias can ruin the immersion of others, and if they insist on doing it repeatedly, people will get bored of the game because it's the same characters always being shoved in their faces. If I seem to be complaining about the same things about the gauntlets a lot, maybe that's because the developers apparently don't understand why some people are unhappy with the gauntlet -- making changes that show they don't really know how to fix it, like changing multiplier thresholds -- and those problems are still there! It's hard to "enjoy the finals" when I have a problem with the entire game mode in general and haven't been enjoying it for several months now.

So have I & yet I still manage to enjoy this. I'm pessimist & I still find a way to enjoy the finals. How hard is it to find a silver lining?

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Plus, none of this actually changes that I haven't shown poor sportsmanship or personally attacked people on team Tharja. Which you accused me of, need I remind you. Being disgruntled about the mechanics and writing a paragraph about it is not the same as showing poor sportsmanship.

I already admitted I was wrong on accusing on that. I apologize, but last few months been dramatic for me & seeing people complain about a mode & inclusion gets me riled up. I can admit I was hasty on labeling people but I meant to specifically those people.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

So have I & yet I still manage to enjoy this. I'm pessimist & I still find a way to enjoy the finals. How hard is it to find a silver lining?

I find silver linings in other things about Heroes, and the silver lining about the gauntlet is literally that I get feathers from it. Also, maybe other people don't have the same reactions as you ... because they're not you?

Just now, Zangetsu said:

I already admitted I was wrong on accusing on that. I apologize, but last few months been dramatic for me & seeing people complain about a mode & inclusion gets me riled up. I can admit I was hasty on labeling people but I meant to specifically those people.

And I'm still upset.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Er... forgive me if I'm wrong on this, but wasn't your first post here after the final round solely you complaining about other people? I don't know if that really comes across as "finding a silver lining." If you want to try and make the thread more positive, maybe accusing an entire group of people isn't the best way to go about it. 

Just now, Sunwoo said:

I find silver linings in other things about Heroes, and the silver lining about the gauntlet is literally that I get feathers from it. Also, maybe other people don't have the same reactions as you ... because they're not you?

And I'm still upset.

But complaining about the same thing is better? Faye in the finals would've been more fair & better because she's new? You would made the same complaint regardless who was in the finals.

If you're still upset & couldn't accept my apology then that's your own problem. I owe up to my mistake & I admitted I was wrong. You wanna focus being disgruntled? Than knock yourself out.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Er... forgive me if I'm wrong on this, but wasn't your first post here after the final round solely you complaining about other people? I don't know if that really comes across as "finding a silver lining." If you want to try and make the thread more positive, maybe accusing an entire group of people isn't the best way to go about it. 

You're absolutely right, except I wasn't trying to more positive. I was trying to call out people's complaint about Tharja winning but it turns out it was just a very vocal minority. Even the so called people calling Tharja a thot was just one user. I'm trying to owe up to my mistake.

I'm generally a depressed guy that trying to do his best to enjoy the "little thing" in life, but when those people make a big deal out of the little things I enjoy, that when I get piss off. I thought was calling out people on their bs, but I was just making things worse.

Rank 296 in Team Tharja. Pretty lucky that I caught all the important multipliers (at the expense of being caught by my boss for being on my phone too much the whole day, i was just pressing autobattle!)

That's the highest rank I've gotten in a final round, so to do it in such a big team was lucky

second account was rank 239 with 2,660 global rank. Have to thank @Zeo for convincing me to go team Faye in semis, even if i had an average rank for the team that helped the total rank. Also his Matthew appeared a lot (even on the team background when you spend flags- surprisingly even when i went to Tharja in the finals)

Just now, Zangetsu said:

But complaining about the same thing is better? Faye in the finals would've been more fair & better because she's new? You would made the same complaint regardless who was in the finals.

What does Faye being in the finals have to do with anything? After last gauntlet I've finally accepted that the voting gauntlet is a piece of shit. But the developers could make it not a piece of shit if they tried, but they don't seem to care. I don't even get your argument.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

If you're still upset & couldn't accept my apology then that's your own problem. I owe up to my mistake & I admitted I was wrong. You wanna focus being disgruntled? Than knock yourself out.

I'm upset because I'm tired of people accusing me of whining, complaining, being a terrible person, or things I've never said because I choose to speak my mind freely and don't feel the need to tread lightly to preserve feelings. I'm tired of people not reading what I'm saying, not actually thinking about what I'm saying, and only use half of my argument to make accusations that aren't even true. And this isn't limited to just you; it happens all too often and it's not so much I'm upset at you, I'm upset at the fact that people just don't give a shit about others. Maybe I'm tired of saying "it's fine, I'm fine" when I'm really not fine and everyone pisses me off. Maybe I don't want to act like things are fine because I got an apology, even if I'm not upset at you. I don't want an apology -- I want you to not do it again, the thing that made me upset in the first place.

You may be a generally depressed guy who's trying to make the best of his life. Well, I have my own story too. And it's no less valid than yours. So don't act like my feelings are less valid than yours just because you don't understand or see my view.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

You're absolutely right, except I wasn't trying to more positive. I was trying to call out people's complaint about Tharja winning but it turns out it was just a very vocal minority. Even the so called people calling Tharja a thot was just one user. I'm trying to owe up to my mistake.

I'm generally a depressed guy that trying to do his best to enjoy the "little thing" in life, but when those people make a big deal out of the little things I enjoy, that when I get piss off. I thought was calling out people on their bs, but I was just making things worse.

To be honest, it may be best to simply avoid forums and such in general during VGs, then. Or at least pay a bit more attention to what's actually going on in a thread, before trying to step in on an argument that might not even exist. There's always gonna be people who complain, sometimes for silly reasons, and sometimes with legitimate concerns and criticisms for the mode. But for the most part, the more vicious complaints tend to die out in a couple days at most, so it's normally best to just ignore it and move on.

I'm still impressed team Tharja managed to hold back on the second to last hour just enough. I know Sigurd burned feathers despite the situation too, but I was pretty worried Tharja would just overshoot.

It was a good non-rally rally.

Spoiler

510c0ef5bb.gif

51 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What does Faye being in the finals have to do with anything? After last gauntlet I've finally accepted that the voting gauntlet is a piece of shit. But the developers could make it not a piece of shit if they tried, but they don't seem to care. I don't even get your argument.

What I'm trying to say is, what exactly would've been the ideal result for this gauntlet given what has hand out? The finals wasn't exciting at all not knowing who would truly emerge victorious? The multiplier didn't even screwed anyone over this last round.

51 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm upset because I'm tired of people accusing me of whining, complaining, being a terrible person, or things I've never said because I choose to speak my mind freely and don't feel the need to tread lightly to preserve feelings. I'm tired of people not reading what I'm saying, not actually thinking about what I'm saying, and only use half of my argument to make accusations that aren't even true. And this isn't limited to just you; it happens all too often and it's not so much I'm upset at you, I'm upset at the fact that people just don't give a shit about others. Maybe I'm tired of saying "it's fine, I'm fine" when I'm really not fine and everyone pisses me off. Maybe I don't want to act like things are fine because I got an apology, even if I'm not upset at you. I don't want an apology -- I want you to not do it again, the thing that made me upset in the first place.

You may be a generally depressed guy who's trying to make the best of his life. Well, I have my own story too. And it's no less valid than yours. So don't act like my feelings are less valid than yours just because you don't understand or see my view.

You're doing what I just did & jumping to the wrong conclusion. You're agitated & I'm sorry I cause that. I also know this isn't 1st time this has happened between us. I'm on the internet & I get ready to see the absolute worst in people, even though by now I should know better, but I haven't. Too many times sturgeon law applies & it's incredibly hard to break that kind of thinking. I'm not making light of whatever struggle you gotta go through & I'll say this much. I respect that you're at least trying to explain your side & from what I can tell, clear up the bad air.

I'm sorry, but this isn't probably the last time I'm going to make this mistake. I'm only human, but at very very least I know what you're trying to get at.

46 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

To be honest, it may be best to simply avoid forums and such in general during VGs, then. Or at least pay a bit more attention to what's actually going on in a thread, before trying to step in on an argument that might not even exist. There's always gonna be people who complain, sometimes for silly reasons, and sometimes with legitimate concerns and criticisms for the mode. But for the most part, the more vicious complaints tend to die out in a couple days at most, so it's normally best to just ignore it and move on.

You're probably more than right, but I just thought this would be one of those time where we can all just congratulate each other for having an awesome match. I mean, the prediction people couldn't even properly factor on who would win. Then I stumble onto thread & find people complaining even though it's just a minority. Some people announce they're getting off the thread because of that vocal minority. That disappointed cause me to be agitated because it look like people were complaining for the sake of complaining. I thought the real minority group were the one's congratulate each other being drowned out by the majority of complaints but in reality it was in the other way around. I mean what were the odds of ever having match like Chrom VS Emphraim actually happening? Let alone experience it in the finals of all brackets? Then guys like @thecrimsonflash gets me riled up when in reality is he's calling my bs.

So I'm pretty damn disappointed myself when the thing I came here to do was actually happening, but I got blinded sided by the hate.

16 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm still impressed team Tharja managed to hold back on the second to last hour just enough. I know Sigurd burned feathers despite the situation too, but I was pretty worried Tharja would just overshoot.

It was a good non-rally rally.

Reveal hidden contents

510c0ef5bb.gif

flags & I got seizure now, so thx 4 that.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Rank 296 in Team Tharja. Pretty lucky that I caught all the important multipliers (at the expense of being caught by my boss for being on my phone too much the whole day, i was just pressing autobattle!)

That's the highest rank I've gotten in a final round, so to do it in such a big team was lucky

second account was rank 239 with 2,660 global rank. Have to thank @Zeo for convincing me to go team Faye in semis, even if i had an average rank for the team that helped the total rank. Also his Matthew appeared a lot (even on the team background when you spend flags- surprisingly even when i went to Tharja in the finals)

It's astounding that I almost have the same rank as you despite sucking in Sigurd's army. 20,432 there but a 2,697 total rank. Faye was a score goddess. Matt probably still appeared because I'm on your friends list. Every time I do a VG I get the same Camilla on the bottom left and there's only one on my FL so it must be them. Was cool being on the same team and your Brave Ike was a boon I must admit. Next time Matt'll be stronger though.

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It's astounding that I almost have the same rank as you despite sucking in Sigurd's army. 20,432 there but a 2,697 total rank. Faye was a score goddess. Matt probably still appeared because I'm on your friends list. Every time I do a VG I get the same Camilla on the bottom left and there's only one on my FL so it must be them. Was cool being on the same team and your Brave Ike was a boon I must admit. Next time Matt'll be stronger though.

Oh neat, I wasn't sure if anyone was getting my units Not even my duplicate account was getting my other account's unit

Yeah seeing super shiny Matthew everywhere is fun. Also someone's Fae.

Maybe I'll count on your Matthew next time we're on the same team to deal with those Colourless quests! 

Oh and my main account's global rank was just outside the top 5000 though. Not as well as my second account. I guess Priscilla had better returns than Katarina?

7 hours ago, Aera said:

Whoever has the Barst, you are literally saving the battles for me. Thank you!

Oh hey that's probably mine! I'm glad he helped. I didn't get anyone from here the whole gauntlet. Maybe next time. Good game to team Sigurd! Tharja needs to take a moratorium from gauntlets after this - I'll give her this one because the poor girl just couldn't resist a chance to declare her rabid and obsessive love for the avatar. She even kind of entered twice? It's quite horrifying, really. 

16 minutes ago, Momentai~ said:

Oh hey that's probably mine! I'm glad he helped. I didn't get anyone from here the whole gauntlet. Maybe next time. Good game to team Sigurd! Tharja needs to take a moratorium from gauntlets after this - I'll give her this one because the poor girl just couldn't resist a chance to declare her rabid and obsessive love for the avatar. She even kind of entered twice? It's quite horrifying, really. 

Oh I forgot to add you! I think I was falling asleep when I read your post.

I would like to try that Barst sometime in the next gauntlet though!

@bethany81707 I think so! There were multiple Faes as well, but I do know yours is awesome :D

What the hell, Why did team Sigurd score so much in the 2nd last hour?? Just ~75 million fewer points and Sigurd would have been behind far enough to get the bonus. Too many people panicked and spent their flags.

7 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Shoutouts to @Hawk King's Steady Breath/QR Lukas I kept getting in round 2.  Literally every time he's attacked it's a Bonfire proc.  Satisfying as hell.

Haha, nice. I didn't know if anyone here had me as a friend. I'm really proud of my Lukas. He's so much fun to use in the Arena. I usually position him so that the enemy Swords and Lances get the defense boost from the fort tiles and Lukas just mows them down while taking 0 damage in return.

Are you the one with the +4 or 5 Narcian as your lead?

6 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Yeah ok, so when the damn gauntlet gives us the best match since Chrom VS Emphraim the response is to whine about how one team lost the match.

Personally, I felt the Shanna V Takumi match-up replaced the Chrom V Ephraim match-up for the best yet. This one just had the closest team size. The last 10 hours of Shanna V Takumi were super epic. Despite having a significantly smaller team size, Shanna was able to outscore Takumi down the stretch and hold onto her lead without any help from the multiplier. This match-up with Tharja and Sigurd had absolutely no shock value. It was known very early that Tharja would win unless Sigurd happened to have a last hour bonus. Sure, it came close to happening but the only time Sigurd ever scored more than Tharja at neutral was the very first hour and that was by less than 3 million.

Everyone knew that Sigurd would lose unless he got a final hour bonus and that held true. Just like everyone knew Shanna wasn't supposed to be able to win without a final hour bonus as well, but she completely surprised everyone.