• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

2 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I imagine a Marth/Caeda, Sigurd/Deirdre, Alm/Celica and a joke/unrequited pair like Cordelia/Ike, Tharja/Robin, etc. (there are a couple to choose from) line-up, where the first round is determining which character is the leading figure of the relationship, and the winner is supposed to determine the best couple.

Examples like Boey/Mae, Eliwood/Ninian, etc. wouldn't quite work due to them not being entirely canon (the S-support does not necessarily happen, even if they are fitting, but nobody can deny the other relationships mentioned, since they are automatically part of the general story (though if I want to be pedantic, Tharja/Robin ain't one either. You can just kill off Tharja and never recruit her). Anyway, I ACTUALLY like the premise, but it's a gauntlet, so all my appreciation is going down the drain...

Cordelia/Ike? I think you mean Cordelia/Chrom ^.^

Boey/Mae is canon. It's their endings whether you get the support or not - they get married and they have children. It's also implied throughout the story and in several supports with other characters between them, plus their endings change if the other one dies so it's not like their death doesn't affect the other. 

Eliwood and Ninian is not canon. Eliwood has several choices and people could be upset if they imply Ninian is canon. Not that I care. Like I said, they did it with Thracia and no one seemed to care back then about the 'confirmed' pairings for HW. I'll just wave it off as Outrealm Shenanigans. 

Edited by Cute Chao

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Cordelia/Ike? I think you mean Cordelia/Chrom ^.^

Boey/Mae is canon. It's their endings whether you get the support or not - they get married and they have children. It's also implied throughout the story and in several supports with other characters between them, plus their endings change if the other one dies so it's not like their death doesn't affect the other. 

Eliwood and Ninian is not canon. Eliwood has several choices and people could be upset if they imply Ninian is canon. Not that I care. Like I said, they did it with Thracia and no one seemed to care back then about the 'confirmed' pairings for HW. I'll just wave it off as Outrealm Shenanigans. 

My apologies, thought SoV had different endings depending on their supports, but actually just if one of them died. Forgot about it, so I guess they would fit nicely as well, and yes, I meant Chrom, too many blue-haired Lords.

5 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

My apologies, thought SoV had different endings depending on their supports, but actually just if one of them died. Forgot about it, so I guess they would fit nicely as well, and yes, I meant Chrom, too many blue-haired Lords.

Ah, I wondered if there was another meme I was unaware about xD But I figured it could also be a mistake :) 

I really hope the theme isn't unrequited love. I get sick of that theme. I'd rather they focus on actual couples, personally. 

They had better hurry up and tell us who the characters are. I need to decide which of them will force me to leave the Fire Emblem community forever if they win. 'Course I'll log back in the next day and continue to rant about the results. >:(

I predict it will be about the special bond between brother and sister in Fire Emblem.

Some combination of

Arvis and Deirdre, Eirika and Ephraim, Clarine and Klein, Priscilla and Raven, Lachesis and Eldigan, Camilla and Corrin.

Hmmm. . .

- Catria
- Faye
- Cordelia
- Leon

For the other side, the only real competitor is Virion.  We don't have Sain/Gatrie/Lewyn.  But that would be a hilarious gauntlet, if it actually happened!

38 minutes ago, eclipse said:

For the other side, the only real competitor is Virion.  We don't have Sain/Gatrie/Lewyn.  But that would be a hilarious gauntlet, if it actually happened!

You forgot Homer, and Jake counts too I think. Inigo counts too right? One more and we'd have a full 8 philanderers. I guess we could add Beowolf? He did make with Lachesis and some other noblewoman.

38 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Arvis and Deirdre, Eirika and Ephraim, Clarine and Klein, Priscilla and Raven, Lachesis and Eldigan, Camilla and Corrin.

Make it female Corrin and change Camilla's name to Sugar. 

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You forgot Homer, and Jake counts too I think. Inigo counts too right? One more and we'd have a full 8 philanderers. I guess we could add Beowolf? He did make with Lachesis and some other noblewoman.

Jake - not really, because Anna will kick his butt.  Inigo. . .eh.  They overdid it IMO.

Though Forrest would be better. . .he's smooth. . .

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Marth and Caeda
Alm and Celica
Sigurd and Deirdre
Eliwood and Ninian

It's totally gonna be them.

You’re most likely right. I think people are only going with the unrequited love theme is so it can include awakening/fates characters. I’m almost positive that it will be a canonical couples banner though.

On 2017-11-18 at 8:00 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Marth and Caeda
Alm and Celica
Sigurd and Deirdre
Eliwood and Ninian

It's totally gonna be them.

Yeah, i mostly agree. However, Eliwood and Ninian aren’t 100% canon, so i can’t say for certain that they’d make it, but I definitely think that the others will be in the gauntlet. 

It could also be Abel and Est, or Mae and Boey....

I belive is beetwen canonical pairings, lord love interest and unrequited love, if they want to be risly, implied canon pairing like Eliwood/Ninian and Ike/Soren (I'll support them of that happend) can be counted.

I believe unrequited love is easiest the most probable, we have a bunch of characters that fill that; Titania, Leon, Palla, Catria, Cordelia and Faye.

Possible contenders if IS is going with unrequited lovers:

Females: Cordelia (Chrom), Catria (Marth), Palla (Abel), Faye (Alm), Clair (Alm), Titania (Greil)

Males: Reinhardt (Ishtar), Leon (Valbar)

If pairings are in...

Marth + Caeda

Boey + Mae

Gray + Clair

Alm + Celica

Sigurd + Deirdre

Abel + Est

13 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Tiki, Clair, Leon, and Priscilla!

Sure seems like there are enough!

I don't think Tiki loved Marth that way. He was a big brother to her ~4 year old self, not a boyfriend. 

And now you remind me of the absence of a grown Xane in Awakening, who comes off as a not always so liked big brother in the one conversation they get. Xane seeing Tiki as young woman and remarking on it sounds interesting to me. Why'd you have to nix Xane and Jake Awakening?! 

Clair also gets over her unrequited love issues and marries Mr. "I have a nice naturally tanned bod, but my face is love it or hate it".

Priscilla as you point out doesn't have to end unrequited, Erk can marry her. Pent probably paid for the wedding.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Males: Reinhardt (Ishtar)

What are you thinking? Reinhardt cannot be allowed in. He will crush the competition! Unless the multiplier puts him in dire straits. It'd be funny if someone like Faye triumphed over him in the final round though.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

What are you thinking? Reinhardt cannot be allowed in. He will crush the competition! Unless the multiplier puts him in dire straits. It'd be funny if someone like Faye triumphed over him in the final round though.

There were other powerful/meta units that participated in previous gauntlets such as Ryoma, Amelia, Cordelia, Ike, Hector, Ninian, and Linde.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think Tiki loved Marth that way. He was a big brother to her ~4 year old self, not a boyfriend. 

And now you remind me of the absence of a grown Xane in Awakening, who comes off as a not always so liked big brother in the one conversation they get. Xane seeing Tiki as young woman and remarking on it sounds interesting to me. Why'd you have to nix Xane and Jake Awakening?! 

Clair also gets over her unrequited love issues and marries Mr. "I have a nice naturally tanned bod, but my face is love it or hate it".

Priscilla as you point out doesn't have to end unrequited, Erk can marry her. Pent probably paid for the wedding.

Tiki's over a thousand years old in Shadow Dragon, and some of her support conversations in Awakening hint that her feelings for Marth were more than platonic. In Awakening, Nowi's age is only given as over 1,000 years old, so Tiki seems old enough at that point to have romantic feelings. This possibility is acknowledged in New Mystery with Xane's prank on Marth.

As for Clair, sure, she moves on, but her feelings for Alm are still unrequited.

And Priscilla was sort of facetiously included to allude to her inappropriate feelings for her brother Raven.

Half of the Gauntlet's participants have been revealed in the latest New Heroes video.

Spoiler

One block will apparently be Rhajat, Tharja, Faye, and Priscilla.

EDIT: Dangit, got ninja'd.

Edited by C. Turtle

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As mentioned in the general thread, I'm expecting Alm, Raven, Robin (M), and Corrin (M) on the other half.

I don't think so.

I'm guessing the theme of this is characters defined by their love of another character, hence the four we have now. Alm and Raven and the others aren't defined by such a trait, so I think it's going to be other girls similar to the ones revealed.

Perhaps Leon too, given he's themed around love as well.