• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

22 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

That would be me!  I switched him out for Caeda in round 2 though, since I didn't want to inundate people with greens. 

Ok, I remember adding you now. I never got or get your lead unit in any gauntlets unfortunately. Ironically, for this gauntlet, I kept getting someone else's Lukas who had a much worse and significantly less fun build for him. I kept throwing him at stuff and I would get extremely confused when the enemies were still alive on the next player phase before I realized that it wasn't my Lukas.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah. Pretty unfair that she can win another one here. And imo, Sigurd is way more a definition of enduring love than she is. I also just plain despise her tho.

She’s basically a hot stalker with a hot hot body. If she looked like Darros I wonder what it would do to her popularity, huehuehue.

It would be interesting if they made a male equivilent of Tharja who is bi

13 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Oh I forgot to add you! I think I was falling asleep when I read your post.

I would like to try that Barst sometime in the next gauntlet though!

@bethany81707 I think so! There were multiple Faes as well, but I do know yours is awesome :D

No problem lol. Happy to hear, next time sounds good.

13 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I finished in rank 230 aprox. This is the VG where I've got more feathers so far. 

Also, thanks to @Momentai~'s Barst and @Usana's Amelia, this couldn't have been posible without your help :')

Aww, you're welcome! Any time bro.

13 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I second these sentiments. Your Beruka is the national treasureandby all means MVP in my runs.

Well, there goes my doubts about whether I should have put her as my main unit or not.  Good to know she helped well. :D

15 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Personally, I felt the Shanna V Takumi match-up replaced the Chrom V Ephraim match-up for the best yet. This one just had the closest team size. The last 10 hours of Shanna V Takumi were super epic. Despite having a significantly smaller team size, Shanna was able to outscore Takumi down the stretch and hold onto her lead without any help from the multiplier. This match-up with Tharja and Sigurd had absolutely no shock value. It was known very early that Tharja would win unless Sigurd happened to have a last hour bonus. Sure, it came close to happening but the only time Sigurd ever scored more than Tharja at neutral was the very first hour and that was by less than 3 million.

Everyone knew that Sigurd would lose unless he got a final hour bonus and that held true. Just like everyone knew Shanna wasn't supposed to be able to win without a final hour bonus as well, but she completely surprised everyone.

So was the victory legit?

Hmmm, that is a good reason.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

So was the victory legit?

Hmmm, that is a good reason.

I don't care about whether it was legit or not. That is a subject opinion that varies from person to person. But I will say that I think it was a fair win. Multipliers be damned, the end result was that the scores were basically even with 10 hours to go (Takumi actually had a lead and just had to stall it out) and the underdog was able to come out on top with a very impressive showing of force. It was pretty clear that Team Shanna had more loyal/active members who were ready to go in the final hours. Is it better for the larger team to win every time, or is it better for the team with the best fans to earn the win?

I was on Team Shanna and I fully expected Takumi to turn it up and bury us in the final 2 hours. Seeing those 500 bonus feathers was one of the most exciting/hype moments for me in the history of this game.

Dammit, I wasn't going to come back to this, but I'm just going to say it.

Just because Shanna and Takumi were in same hell in the final stretch of the previous gauntlet doesn't mean Shanna didn't win because of a multiplier. The fact that it existed is what put her in the position to overtake Takumi when their points were "same". Otherwise, she would never have been able to rebound from the early lead that Takumi had over her, and that gap would've only gotten bigger and bigger without a multiplier (or if the multiplier stayed a consistent 3x like the first multiplier gauntlet). Just because she didn't actually have it in the final hours doesn't mean that she didn't benefit her way to victory from it. Heck, Shanna benefitted from the multiplier all three rounds.

I'm not salty about Shanna beating Takumi anymore because that basically just got me to accept that VG is stupid and always will be stupid and she won, whatever. But Shanna did benefit from the multiplier. She got help from the multiplier to put her in a position to beat Takumi (and Hinoka). And there's no shame that she won because of a multiplier since the VG considers that legit. But she did benefit from the multiplier, even if she didn't actually have it at the end, and that is a fact.

Edited by Sunwoo

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Dammit, I wasn't going to come back to this, but I'm just going to say it.

Just because Shanna and Takumi were in same hell in the final stretch of the previous gauntlet doesn't mean Shanna didn't win because of a multiplier. The fact that it existed is what put her in the position to overtake Takumi when their points were "same". Otherwise, she would never have been able to rebound from the early lead that Takumi had over her, and that gap would've only gotten bigger and bigger without a multiplier (or if the multiplier stayed a consistent 3x like the first multiplier gauntlet). Just because she didn't actually have it in the final hours doesn't mean that she didn't benefit her way to victory from it. Heck, Shanna benefitted from the multiplier all three rounds.

I'm not salty about Shanna beating Takumi anymore because that basically just got me to accept that VG is stupid and always will be stupid and she won, whatever. But Shanna did benefit from the multiplier. She got help from the multiplier to put her in a position to beat Takumi (and Hinoka). And there's no shame that she won because of a multiplier since the VG considers that legit. But she did benefit from the multiplier, even if she didn't actually have it at the end, and that is a fact.

So you would prefer that the larger team always wins? Did you enjoy the first two gauntlets? Or have you disliked every one of them? In that case it is just you, among others, who just don't like the game mode. And that is fine. The VG is fun for two reasons for me. One, we get free feathers out of it, and two, we get to use other peoples (hopefully OP) units.

Regardless of the multipliers, Shanna did something that no underdog has ever done before. There is no excuse for Takumi. 10 straight hours is way more than enough time to take and/or keep a lead.It is very different from a multiplier coming in the final hour.

The multiplier changing to 1% has been successful in getting people to choose their favorites as opposed to just bandwagoning for the 500 bonus feathers. It is the sole reason for why Team Tharja and Team Sigurd were so close in size. It also fixes the problem that the larger teams got screwed out of bonus hours and thus destroying their total ranking. Before I would try to plan out which teams to start with and then switch to to maximize my feather gains. Now it is just a matter of picking my favorites and making sure I spend my flags during the plethora of bonuses.

It is never going to be perfect for everyone, but it is definitely at it's best now.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

I don't care about whether it was legit or not. That is a subject opinion that varies from person to person. But I will say that I think it was a fair win. Multipliers be damned, the end result was that the scores were basically even with 10 hours to go (Takumi actually had a lead and just had to stall it out) and the underdog was able to come out on top with a very impressive showing of force. It was pretty clear that Team Shanna had more loyal/active members who were ready to go in the final hours. Is it better for the larger team to win every time, or is it better for the team with the best fans to earn the win?

I was on Team Shanna and I fully expected Takumi to turn it up and bury us in the final 2 hours. Seeing those 500 bonus feathers was one of the most exciting/hype moments for me in the history of this game.

Actually I was talking about if Tharja's win was legit or not since there was no multiplier in the last hour. Like if you take away all the multiplier bonus during the match would she still won?

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Actually I was talking about if Tharja's win was legit or not since there was no multiplier in the last hour. Like if you take away all the multiplier bonus during the match would she still won?

Tharja had the larger team in this VG.

Ah... the post-gauntlet discussions... Let's go...

Tharja consistently had a higher score gain during non-multiplier moments. Why the legitimacy of her victory needs to be called into question, anyway, is beyond me...

On the subject of previous gauntlets, it's pretty out there to believe a certain underdog would have won without multipliers. And it's also a... strange system when the notifications still refer to it as a popularity contest, when we all know it's ceased to be such.

Some people find the system to be more engaging. Others find it to be stupid. I fall in the latter camp. It's not a game mode without its myriad of problems, but people enjoy it, and I can accept that. Doesn't mean I can't find the game mode stupid. People were also fine with the pure popularity aspect of the first gauntlets, but because we only hear of the people who hated how overwhelmingly victorious the victors were, people think that that's the only opinion everyone had on it, so that the new system must automatically be considered an improvement. I consider the new system to be completely arbitrary, and seeming to create even more salt when it works as intended by creating an upset.

But when people hate the idea of a popular character winning what is technically a popularity contest (even if not in practice) then it's hard to take the mode seriously. It's pretty much just a feather farm for a lot of people now.

Edited by Frenzify

On 12/12/2017 at 6:28 AM, Hawk King said:

It was known very early that Tharja would win unless Sigurd happened to have a last hour bonus. Sure, it came close to happening but the only time Sigurd ever scored more than Tharja at neutral was the very first hour and that was by less than 3 million.

Neither of those are true, though the second is a technicality.

If Team Tharja had a final-hour multiplier, Tharja would win. If Team Sigurd had a final-hour multiplier, Sigurd would win (if Team Tharja didn't put the ball to far into Team Sigurd's court). That much shouldn't be a surprise. But in the DMZ, what mattered was which side of the DMZ the score landed on. If the score landed far enough on Team Sigurd's side, Team Tharja would not have been able to recover from it because the difference in the size of the teams simply wasn't large enough. If at the beginning of hour 43 the score had landed at Team Sigurd's far end of the DMZ, it would have taken Team Tharja around 5-7 hours to pull the score back to her side, resulting in a win for Sigurd instead.

As for the second, Team Sigurd scored more than Team Tharja without a multiplier during hour 31, though that was most certainly due to multiplier spillover from players finishing their matches after the hour changed.

Yes, Team Tharja had an advantage from the start, but an advantage of 55 to 45 is hardly enough to call a match.

Edited by Ice Dragon

15 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Tharja had the larger team in this VG.

Thanks for answering.

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, Team Tharja had an advantage from the start, but an advantage of 55 to 45 is hardly enough to call a match.

Yea, but from what I can remember Sigurd still did a lot better than M!Robin did. At least from what I can tell.

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yea, but from what I can remember Sigurd still did a lot better than M!Robin did. At least from what I can tell.

Yes, like I said, this was the closest finals in a VG yet. Most likely due to the fact that the 1% multiplier takes away the existence of a clear winner to bandwagon to.

Tharja V Robin was something between 60:40 and 65:35 iirc.

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wasn't saying that Tharja was guaranteed to win because of her larger team, just that she had the clear cut advantage because of it.

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Yes, like I said, this was the closest finals in a VG yet. Most likely due to the fact that the 1% multiplier takes away the existence of a clear winner to bandwagon to.

Tharja V Robin was something between 60:40 and 65:35 iirc.

I thought Takumi V Shanna was closer because of the multiplier?

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Sorry, I'm talking about team sizes. Ignoring multipliers.

Ah, that makes sense then,

Still the last 2 were great, it's too bad the community won't ever see that way.