New Heroes: Children of Fate

Elibean Spaceman

So the road map recently revealed that next month's new heroes banner is most likely going to have second gen Fates characters. Who do you guys think will be in the banners?

I'm hoping Soleil will be banner since she's one of my favorite characters in Fates (if not my most favorite).

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I don't care about Percy, if he's drawn by Kouhei Horikoshi I want him.

I'd assume Kana will be on it (hopefully as a green dragon). Rip Velouria and Selkie who definitely won't be in for now. Shiro, Siegbert, Kiragi, and Forrest are a few expectable ones.

Edited by KongDude

Soleil, Nina, Ophelia would all be cool.

But really, any of them would be pretty neat. I'm glad they're over the whole "there will not be child units" thing, that was stupid.

5 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Soleil, Nina, Ophelia would all be cool.

But really, any of them would be pretty neat. I'm glad they're over the whole "there will not be child units" thing, that was stupid.

Was that ever a thing? They added Lucina straight away. I thought the 'no child units' thing was for Warriors.

My hopes are for Dwyer, Shigure (peg knight version), Siegbert and Nina. I know, since that's three guys and one girl (gasp! shock! horror!) that it won't come to pass but oh well. I'd probably pull for some of the other characters, but those are the ones I'd definitely pull for.

I feel like Siegbert, either of the Kana's, Shigure, Forrest, Shiro, and Kiragi have the highest chance of being on the banner.

I'm just a little pevved that they added in the children before Kaze, Nyx, Rinkah, or Charlotte.

9 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Was that ever a thing? They added Lucina straight away. I thought the 'no child units' thing was for Warriors.

My hopes are for Dwyer, Shigure (peg knight version), Siegbert and Nina. I know, since that's three guys and one girl (gasp! shock! horror!) that it won't come to pass but oh well. I'd probably pull for some of the other characters, but those are the ones I'd definitely pull for.

Ah, you may be right. I thought it had to do with the hair color or something.

I'd think Lucina would be an exception because she's basically a main character (plus her hair is always the same color).

9 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

For awhile they've avoided adding children that aren't canonically guaranteed to exist, i.e. Lucina, Seliph and Julia. There was Inigo more recently although Laslow's existence means he's practically canon. This would be the first time adding optional existence kids.

I totally expect them to have their default hair colors to avoid parentage controversy, just like Inigo did. This was probably the main reason they dawdled on them anyway, deciding whether or not to go through with it.

I'm personally predicting both Kanas (F!Kanna-Sword/M!Kana-Blue or Green Breath) and Shigure (Lance Flier) for now.

Though Shiro, Siegbert, Kiragi and Forrest are also high on the list.

I hope there will be two 3-person banners, not unlike Alm’s and Celica’s armies. I would expect these:

Nohr: male Kana, Siegbert, Forrest;
Hoshido: female Kana, Shiro, Kiragi.

Edited by Vaximillian

19 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Ah, you may be right. I thought it had to do with the hair color or something.

I'd think Lucina would be an exception because she's basically a main character (plus her hair is always the same color).

15 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

For awhile they've avoided adding children that aren't canonically guaranteed to exist, i.e. Lucina, Seliph and Julia. There was Inigo more recently although Laslow's existence means he's practically canon. This would be the first time adding optional existence kids.

I totally expect them to have their default hair colors to avoid parentage controversy, just like Inigo did. This was probably the main reason they dawdled on them anyway, deciding whether or not to go through with it.

I know they haven't added them, but I wondered if they'd actually stated they didn't want to, like they had done with Warriors. I remember people debating it at the time and me saying there hadn't been word they wouldn't, and that they would likely just add default hair colours.

Honestly, people get too hung up on it anyway. Was there this much controversy when Thracia pretty much confirmed some parentages?

The royal children like Shiro and Siegbert are insanely boring and Kiragi was a loud mouth and the character I hated most in his entire game. The Kanas were also pretty annoying. 

Forrest is awesome however and I loved both Mitama and Ophelia's over-the-top personalities. These would be my top 3. 

I’m hoping it’s not just children from fates as I would like a few awakening children too

The characters I would like to see, excluding beast units, are 

Awakening: Brady, Noire, Gerome, Morgan

Fates: Nina, Forrest, Soleil, Percy

30 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

I figured the reason they were avoiding 2nd gen units was due to how horribly they were implemented in fates, not hair color. I’ll never understand why this extended to awakening children too though.

55 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I'd assume Kana will be on it (hopefully as a green dragon)

Kana getting in before Morgan sounds weird to be since Morgan is generally deemed to be the much better avatar kid.

Personally I think the four kid royals are the most realistic expectation to have and considering I really like each of those four I'd be happy with it. 

This may be a good thing for the Fates children. They were held back by a lot of problems but their character generally wasn't one of such problems. Some like Forrest, Shiro or Siegbert may even be one of the better written ones. This is a nice chance for them to depict their character without that deeprealm nonsense dragging them down.

The possibly problem I see is that they may implement the Awakening clones as a misguided attempt to appeal to the popularity of their originals 

I would like to see on the banner Rhajat (I need more Tharjas in the game), Caeldori (hoping she is not as slow as Subaki), Mitama (perhaps with a hexing rod or silence for some crazy antics?), Nina (with a spell  bane bow, to deal with those mages) and , Ophelia (there nned to be more better red mages).

37 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’m hoping it’s not just children from fates as I would like a few awakening children too

I really hope this is true. I like the Awakening kids much better than Fates'.

I'd really want Owain, Cynthia, Gerome, Nah, Morgan, or Brady. 

Man do they REALLY have to do this RIGHT after the 8% banner...

And this is GOING to be Fates kids too, since the Japanese name for it is something along the lines of, "Children of Black and White."

Well, hopefully we get Ophelia, but also hopefully we don't. I'd love to not have to skip the 8% banner entirely just to save orbs for Ophelia, but I also really want Ophelia in Heroes.

I don't really care who else is on the banner frankly... although Soleil would be nice to get...

I'm surprised they're doing the Fates children before Awakenings' since it's generally agreed that the latter was much better handled, but maybe since Inigo, Lucina, Owain, and Severa are already in the game in a way they probably wanted to focus on the other set as a result. If Shiro is on it I'll probably pull for him, but otherwise I'm not really enthusiastic about this one.  

Hmm, Velouria and Selkie will not happen. 
Honestly I hope a bit that they don't release characters who are interesting for me.
Rhajat is very unlikely. Ophelia, Mitama and Hisame would be cool.
Otherwise I don't have much reason to draw, which would be good so I can recovery my orbs until the christmal banner. I spend most of my orbs the end of this month anyway.

Edited by Stroud

I don't care for Fates brats. Keep them in the Outrealm Oven, I say. But Kana is a good opportunity for another manakete unit. Maybe two!

One thing I've noticed them doing is the few parent child units there are in the game have some shared skills. Normal Olivia and Inigo have Hone Atk. Cordelia and Selena have Triangle Adept. Start theorycrafting those patterns, people

I might bat an eye on the banner if they include Velouria (which won't happen) but otherwise I don't really care about the kids at all. Which is good, this way I can safely throw my orbs at Fjorm without regret.

For predictions, I'm expecting to see Siegbert, Shiro, Midori/Percy/Kana and Forrest/Kiragi.

42 minutes ago, Emerson said:

And this is GOING to be Fates kids too, since the Japanese name for it is something along the lines of, "Children of Black and White."

Was gonna ask if it might actually be Awakening because of all the fate mumbo-jumbo surrounding that game, but this answers my question.

I'm hoping for...Uh, actually, I don't care much for any of the Fates kids. I guess Midori, but I doubt it.