1. 1. What colors are you pulling?

• Red
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Colorless
    • IM SUMMONING ALL CAUSE I DONT WANT TO WASTE MY FRICKING ORBS
    • HA Im not pulling from this! JOKES ON YOU

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

And 46 pulls of only red and blue gets me my last Ayra, my first Xander, and 4 more copies of Sheeda. Yo, game. Seriously. What the fuck.

• Ayra: 3 → 4
  • Celica: 2
  • Ike: 4
  • Caeda: 3 → 7
  • Fjorm: 0
  • Xander: 0 → 1
  • Camilla: 4
  • Deirdre: 2
  • Hector: 1
  • Cordelia: 3
  • Genny: 1
  • Lyn: 1

Only pulling blue now. Let's see if I can make a second +10 Bride Caeda (only copies 3 away, though I might want a new base for my current one) before I get my first Fjorm.

True random really sucks...

~1350 orbs (~330 pulls) got me:

Lyn 1
Cordelia 4 (my original -ATK +SPD is still the best...)
Genny 2

Hector 5 (I am torn between merging Hectors or giving DC)
Camilla 1
Deirdre 3

Caeda 4
Xander 4
Fjorn 2

Celica 1
Ike 5 (the only char I didn't want on this banner...)
Ayra 1 (my first Ayra ever and she is -SPD+HP. Makes me sad)

I gave up sniping Fjorn... Desire Detector too strong.

In total, 27 5* out of ~330 pulls. Not bad (a little above average). Wish I was a bit luckier.

Edited by Clogon

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is yet another banner that makes me question the the honesty of the odds... After getting totally screwed by the last herofest banner, I thought surely this one can't go wrong with no non-focus pity breakers and a starting rate of 8%. I initially had 120 orbs saved up when it started and wound up spending them all just to get spring Xander after the 6th session. And I have only done full pulls with this banner not skipping a single orb. I then reached the 11% rate again and got Hector. If every orb really has a rate of 8% initially, then the chances of reaching 11% on full sessions should be less than 1%, and reaching it twice in a row should be odds of less than 0.01%... I would be tempted to say Lady Luck hates me, but I think I've seen way too many other people reach 11% for that to be the case... After disappointments like this, in the future they'll need to include extra rewards or guarantees (like spending more than a hundred orbs on a banner gets you a free one star skill-less summon of one of the characters, or a butt load of feathers) or I'll likely convert to F2Pism...

Edited by Namero

1 minute ago, Namero said:

This is yet another banner that makes me question the the honesty of the odds... I initially had 120 orbs saved up when it started and wound up spending them all just to get spring Xander on the 6th session. And I have only done full pulls with this banner not skipping a single orb. I then reached the 11% rate again and got Hector. If every orb really has a rate of 8% initially, then the chances of reaching 11% on full sessions should be less than 1%, and reaching it twice in a row should be odds of 0.01%... I would say lady luck hates me, but I think I've seen way too many other people reach 11% for that to be the case... After disappointments like this, in the future they'll need to include extra rewards or guarantees (like spending more than a hundred orbs on a banner gets you a free one star skill-less summon of one of the characters, or a butt load of feathers) or I'll likely convert to F2Pism...

Based on what I've seen, it honestly seems more like people over-hyped themselves. I spent ~100-120 orbs and got 2 5*s. I was sniping red and colorless for most of it so I wasn't quite getting the average of 4 orbs per summon, but that probably works out to about 25 summons. If I did 25 summons, that's exactly an 8% return. I know pity rate and everything, but I only ever got up to 9.5%. I'd be curious to see everyone post their approximate number of summons and how many 5*s they got to see what the average is, but as I said, it seems more like people got over-hyped and then when they weren't rolling in 5*s called bullshit even if the stats worked out to about 8%. You have to remember that it's only actually a 2% higher base chance to get a 5* than a normal focus.

Did two YOLO summons and got 3* Palla and 3* Eliwood -_-. Still, I guess I can't complain that much since I got the two heroes I really wanted.

22 minutes ago, Namero said:

This is yet another banner that makes me question the the honesty of the odds... After getting totally screwed by the last herofest banner, I thought surely this one can't go wrong with no non-focus pity breakers and a starting rate of 8%. I initially had 120 orbs saved up when it started and wound up spending them all just to get spring Xander after the 6th session. And I have only done full pulls with this banner not skipping a single orb. I then reached the 11% rate again and got Hector. If every orb really has a rate of 8% initially, then the chances of reaching 11% on full sessions should be less than 1%, and reaching it twice in a row should be odds of less than 0.01%... I would be tempted to say Lady Luck hates me, but I think I've seen way too many other people reach 11% for that to be the case... After disappointments like this, in the future they'll need to include extra rewards or guarantees (like spending more than a hundred orbs on a banner gets you a free one star skill-less summon of one of the characters, or a butt load of feathers) or I'll likely convert to F2Pism...

The odds of winning the lottery are even lower than that, but someone always does.

Also, 120 orbs averages a bit under 3 5-star pulls, meaning your results of 2 5-star pulls is pretty much within expectation.

There is a 1 in 400 chance of rolling a critical hit at disadvantage (both D-20s roll a 20), but it's going to happen after enough attempts.

Just did my last pull sessions with TT orbs. Rough estimate around 100 orbs total.

Results:

Fjorm (+Atk,-Res) - In my opinion this is the best IV's for her. +Atk is always great. The -Res helps her Ice Mirror get more damage and she already has decent Res to lose some. 
Bridelia (+HP, -Def) - Boon could be better, but good bane, so it works out. Of all the seasonal units in this banner, she is the only one I wanted.
Ayra (+Def, -Res) - Boon could be better, but with it 34 base Def is pretty nice. The -Res is perfect. So, she can be a strong attacker, or a Def tank. I'll work on her later.

The only downside is I did not pull any Hector or Genny, but oh well. The units I wanted DC and WS for are already pretty good. And I still have time to work on their builds. Overall I think this banner was great, wish I could have pulled more, but it sadly came after a lot of good banners. So, here's to hoping for more banners like this!

I'm just happy for who I got even if I only got 3 5 stars. S!Camilla and Ike are removed from my wishlist because I got them, with good natured to boot. And I got an extra Fjorm who was merged into my neutral one and most likely is the reason why I now see a score in the 700's for arena

So after spending more or less 150 orbs I got:

• Ike +HP/-Res, I've used him and he is decent enough
  • Celica +Def-Spd, not even going to bother with this one
  • Genny, don't know her nature because she immediately got merged with my main Genny who is +Atk-HP.
  • Deirdre +Atk -Def, pretty much the best bane she could have and an alright boon, she's been pretty good so far.

Overall I'm glad with my pulls. I have already resigned to the fact that I'll never pull Ayra anyway.

Okay. I give up. I'm done. This game clearly hates me. I'll wait for the next Legendary Heroes banner because this one clearly does not like me at all.

21 pulls sniping blue:

• Caeda: 0
  • Fjorm: 0
  • Xander: 1

After making my summoning circle, 165 pulls sniping blue:

• Caeda: 4
  • Fjorm: 2
  • Xander: 9
  • Hector: 1

Fuck you, banner. Go to hell.

Totals for this banner, 511 pulls:

• Ayra: 4
  • Celica: 2
  • Ike: 4
  • Caeda: 11
  • Fjorm: 2
  • Xander: 11
  • Camilla: 4
  • Deirdre: 2
  • Hector: 2
  • Cordelia: 3
  • Genny: 1
  • Lyn: 1

47/511 = 9.2%

Edited by Ice Dragon

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Okay. I give up. I'm done. This game clearly hates me. I'll wait for the next Legendary Heroes banner because this one clearly does not like me at all.

I've gotten 5 Fjorms and 6 Caedas and still no Xanders. I just want one of that piece of crap so I can quit pulling on blues.

Other than no Xanders my luck has been incredibly good. 

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I've gotten 5 Fjorms and 6 Caedas and still no Xanders. I just want one of that piece of crap so I can quit pulling on blues.

Other than no Xanders my luck has been incredibly good. 

Can we trade? T_T

Spoiler

gHKNWBk.jpg

1.  I'm wondering if the "8%" summoning rate isn't entirely accurate.  The calculation of that 8% would explain why some people have not had much success.  Is does the 8% apply to EACH unit in their pool, or is the 8% rate spread between the three units (ex. for reds, having a roughly 3% chance for each unit). 

2.  Overall, I think people may have had unrealistic expectations.  Generally speaking, 8% equates to 1-in-12 chances to pull a unit each summon.  So, a person with average luck would need to spend between 50-60 orbs to get one unit.  The biggest positive for this banner is that there are no pity-rate units like Peri, Raven, Mist, etc.  Iv'e spent about 400 orbs, and have got 3 Dierdres (the Dragons greatly appreciate the QR3), 3 Hectors, 2 Ayras, and 1 Ike.  So with about 90 pulls I got 9 units, which is pretty much average luck.  It's just that, for most seasonal banners, the average summoner has an ABYSSMAL chance of pulling the focus unit they want without spending at least 100 orbs.

I got a Hector, a Celica, and an Ike. Since Ike was my most wanted unit, and I didn't feel like getting any seasonal units, what I did pull is quite good in my books. Didn't spend too many orbs either, and I got a +atk Seliph and several Athenas (all of whom were not -atk like my first one) for Wo Dao. I'm satisfied.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Can we trade? T_T

I wish. I totally would.

3 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

So with about 90 pulls I got 9 units, which is pretty much average luck.

That's 10%. Which is 25% better than average luck.

With the pity percent increase, one can expect to get 5* units at a better than 8% rate as long as they have a large enough volume of pulls.

13 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

1.  I'm wondering if the "8%" summoning rate isn't entirely accurate.  The calculation of that 8% would explain why some people have not had much success.  Is does the 8% apply to EACH unit in their pool, or is the 8% rate spread between the three units (ex. for reds, having a roughly 3% chance for each unit). 

Each rate (8% for focus, 58% for 4-star, and 34% for 3-star) is divided equally across all characters of that rarity. 5 characters are then chosen (with replacement, for people who know probability terminology) and are then obfuscated with an umbrella of their color.

The summoning rate is exactly accurate at the moment you press the button to start the session. Conditional probability then takes over once you know the colors of the umbrellas (because you gained new information).

EDIT: For example, once you know an umbrella is green, the probability of that umbrella having Xander drops from 2/3% to 0%, but the probability of it having Hector increases from 2/3% to about 3%.

Edited by Ice Dragon

final results for me was Deirdre, S!Camilla and Ike, I'm pretty disappointed, went in wanting hector only and got everything but. I really wanted that distant counter fodder to.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Each rate (8% for focus, 58% for 4-star, and 34% for 3-star) is divided equally across all characters of that rarity. 5 characters are then chosen (with replacement, for people who know probability terminology) and are then obfuscated with an umbrella of their color.

That's what I thought.  If each 5-star was 8% we'd be cleaning up lol.  So since each focus unit has 3%, we have roughly the same odds of summoning a 5-star as a normal banner but without pity-breakers?  So the old Hero Fest banner formula may actually have been the better one.  Hard to believe I spent that many orbs, got only 9 5's, and had GOOD luck.

3 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

That's what I thought.  If each 5-star was 8% we'd be cleaning up lol.  So since each focus unit has 3%, we have roughly the same odds of summoning a 5-star as a normal banner but without pity-breakers?

No, that's not quite how it works.

You have a lower chance of pulling a specific 5-star character than a normal banner with the same color distribution (and your pity breakers are the two other focus characters sharing a color instead of everything), but your chance of pulling a 5-star character of any sort is the same as Hero Fest.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, that's not quite how it works.

You have a lower chance of pulling a specific 5-star character than a normal banner with the same color distribution (and your pity breakers are the two other focus characters sharing a color instead of everything), but your chance of pulling a 5-star character of any sort is the same as Hero Fest.

Thanks for explaining that.  Too bad about the low Spring Camilla percentage.  Overall I think this banner was pretty good, perhaps better than Hero Fest because of the sheer amount of units that would appeal to many people.

Who else wants to start an Ayra Appreciation Thread?  (stealing the idea from the Gamefaqs FEH board) She's the most fun character to use that I've summoned in a while.

Very underwhelming banner for me, sigh. I'll leave it at 10,5%, I guess. Just can't put money into this gamble.

Got a Bridelia with eh nature, but it still felt really weak. Better luck next time? And with that, I shall repeat the same sentiment.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fuck you, banner. Go to hell.

Well...this banner wasn't too great for me. My final tally is a duplicate Bride Caeda that I merged with the one I already had, Spring Xander (+Atk/-Def...I guess that's okay?), Deirdre (+Res/-Spd, ugh), and Spring Camilla (+Atk/-Spd, I guess I can work with that?). After about 400-some orbs, that's really measly pickings, and I didn't get the unit I wanted more than the others, that being Bride Cordelia. Oh well, at least I got two seasonal units I didn't have before.