The official ''I have Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon'' topic!

Michelaar

So, do you have the new games yet? Which one? Both? Let us know in this thread, i'll keep a list of people that have the game already!

- Michelaar (Ultra Sun)

- Glennstavos (Ultra Moon)

- Dai (Ultra Moon)

- bethany81707 (Ultra Sun)

- Hekselka (Ultra Moon)

- Purple Mage (Ultra Moon)

- Water Mage

- Anacybele (Ultra Sun)

Edited by Michelaar

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultra Moon just came in a few hours ago, but, whoops. I had intended to breed a goofy team of pokemon to play the game with. Or at least half a team so that I can still experience some wonder in picking up strays over the course of the game. Time really got away from me so I'm going to work on that a bit before diving in to the new game. No rush.

I was planning on taking a pass on this game but a friend was hoping I could get the other version and I had a nice discount opportunity to use on the game that was about to expire. Everything just sort of fell into place. The only real objection I had left to this game was I didn't care to play another pokemon on my original model of 3DS, especially since I remember how badly the original Moon ran on this system. Samus Returns was supposed to be my last hurrah on 3DS and that was a totally positive finale. 

24 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I’m already at the second trial, and I wasn’t expecting a new water Totem Pokemon...and it’s evil. So very evil.

Just wait til you get to the grass trial. That is pure evil.

4 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Just wait til you get to the grass trial. That is pure evil.

Just fought it. Just when you think they can’t make Totem Lurantis harder, they give it a new friend.

Edited by Water Mage

Finally got my copy of Ultra Sun today! I got a female Popplio without needing any resets. :O I named her Minuet. I also got a Buneary and named him Jerec. I decided to go with an FE OC theme for the names this time.

Minuet is the name of the horse that belongs to my lone male singer from the Awakening world. Jerec is a Tellius OC who loves rabbits. :P

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Finally got my copy of Ultra Sun today! I got a female Popplio without needing any resets. :O I named her Minuet. I also got a Buneary and named him Jerec. I decided to go with an FE OC theme for the names this time.

Minuet is the name of the horse that belongs to my lone male singer from the Awakening world. Jerec is a Tellius OC who loves rabbits. :P

Reminds me of the fact I named my male Popplio Inigo in reference to the PA banner.

...When I eventually got to Oricorio and my caught one turned out male, I named him Shigure to hammer home the point I did it backwards. (This is what happens when you only have a vague idea about them).

14 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Reminds me of the fact I named my male Popplio Inigo in reference to the PA banner.

...When I eventually got to Oricorio and my caught one turned out male, I named him Shigure to hammer home the point I did it backwards. (This is what happens when you only have a vague idea about them).

Heh, nice!

I remembered the special Rockruff and also grabbed that. It's a male whom I named Kiel after one of my wolf laguz characters. Another one actually has a closer color to Dusk Lycanroc while Kiel's own color is closer to Midnight Lycanroc, but I don't really like Midnight Lycanroc much and since Kiel plays a more major role than the others...yeah.

I got Ultra Sun.  I picked Popplio as my starter this time.  I was going to name it Seal of Approval, but that doesn't fit, so I went with SealApprove.

I got Ultra Sun at the midnight release while like everyone else there bought Ultra Moon.  Its was funny, when I got to the register the lady said, "So you're the one with Pokemon Sin, right?"  It was clear that she was done with all the crazy people in line at midnight so I smiled and went with it but once me and my brother were in the car the two of us started dying of laughter because of it.

My starter is Poplio once again!

So Ultra S&M can't even use the Pokebank yet?  Had I known that I would have waited before getting it.  I was wanting to transfer some units to do my run with.  It's just an updated version of a pre-existing generation.  Why can't we have this at launch?

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So Ultra S&M can't even use the Pokebank yet?  Had I known that I would have waited before getting it.  I was wanting to transfer some units to do my run with.  It's just an updated version of a pre-existing generation.  Why can't we have this at launch?

iirc It took time with Sun and Moon to get bank support as well. Not saying it's excusable, but I hope they're updating legality stuff, hopefully with the Virtual Console since that was a bit screwy with some things.

At least it'll be here before the end of the month, which isn't that long considering it launched a bit farther than halfway through it. I expect it to be available in week or so.

oh yeah also i got ultra sun, picked rowlet, about to start trial 3

Edited by Emerson

Sun and Moon were already hard enough, GF, why are Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon even harder...? :(

The trainer school teacher and Ilima are even more annoying now, somehow. I found ways to beat them, but still... I messed around a bit in Festival Plaza and played with the Poke Finder too. I've already upgraded the latter to version 3. I'll actually continue the story tomorrow though.

I didn’t expect the games to be harder than the original Sun and Moon. I was expecting a lot of the bosses to be same as Sun and Moon, with same Pokemon and moveset, but they changed it a lot to make it harder. In particular, some of the strategies that Totem Pokemon are brilliantly cruel. They knew what pissed off and cranked it up.

20 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm late playing the game, but I transported pokemon over just fine today. You need the pokedex and access to the PC.

46 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm late playing the game, but I transported pokemon over just fine today. You need the pokedex and access to the PC.

It's working now.  Sometime last evening they seem to have updated it.

I finally got to Akala Island. I'm slow, I know... xP I was messing around with a few things though, like the Poke Finder, exploring some nooks and crannies I hadn't yet (like Ten Carat Hill), etc.

I just spent some time looking for an Eevee whose nature works well for Leafeon. Finally got an Adamant one which works! Leafeon's thing is attack and defense, so yeah. I named him Bryan after my personal favorite out of my FE OCs. He's also green like Leafeon and known for attack and def!

So now my team is:

Minuet (Brionne) - lv. 18
Jerec (Buneary) - lv. 17
Skye (Rufflet) - lv. 16
Kiel (special Rockruff) - lv. 17
Bryan (Eevee) - lv. 12 (freshly caught)

My last Pokemon will be a Houndoom. I also might not permanently use Dusk Lycanroc, so the actual sixth slot is sorta up for grabs.

I got Ultra Sun. For once I actually bought a game digitally because I figured this would be a good game to play at the side every now and then.

I'm close to 10 hours so far with 40 Pokemon on the Pokedex... but honestly, between all those cutscenes and unwanted comments of the Rotom Dex, I feel like I barely got to actually play the game. It essentially feels as if I was somehow still stuck in the first 20 minutes of the game before I am allowed to buy any Pokeballs. So it's been a very frustrating experience so far.

Edited by BrightBow

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

My last Pokemon will be a Houndoom. I also might not permanently use Dusk Lycanroc, so the actual sixth slot is sorta up for grabs.

I've had good experiences with my own Dusk, but I'm also surprisingly powerful.

Houndoom, on the other hand, wrecked stuff in XD. He'll be slightly worse here, because physical special split means he need to specifically wait on Dark Pulse, but he'll be amazing when he gets there.

...(Honestly, I haven't played these games with a team of six ever, so I'm not sure where your holes are. I just overpower the game with teams of twelve.)