Should the Armour Break models be equippable costumes?

JamesEmblem

Do you want the broken armour models as costumes?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the broken armour models as costumes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent
  2. 2. Do you think that the broken armour models will become costumes in another update?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

So I was playing the new update, and I’m a bit disappointed that the armour break models aren’t equippable as regular costumes. I figured hey, why not ask some other people about the subject? Do you wish these models were costumes, and didn’t go to waste? Or do you not care? Beyond that, is it even likely that the devs will add the models as costumes in the future?

14 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

Armour break constumes are in w/ the DLC so Koei should hopefully add them in as costumes to make up for the lack of those 

I figured it meant that they woyld get special models as I think the twins are the only playable characters that have them right now. Since it's paid though, hopefully they'll  be selectable.

5 hours ago, guedesbrawl said:

Too bad, Modeling is not cheap.

I think it would be fair if they released the models for all the characters to interact with armorbreak for free, but made it so you'd have to pay in order to equip it as a costume. That way people who like the models would still be insensitived to pay money for them without making the armorbreak mechanic feel incomplete. 

I'm indifferent to it but it is pretty weird that they made these unique modeled costumes but dont let you just...wear them. Contrast with the actual costumes, which are just recolors. And I assume all the other, normal costumes you unlock in the DLC will be recolors as well.

The 2 we have are honestly pretty nice, even. They're basically causal or work out clothes. I was expecting something a bit skeevier, so to speak.

I think the unique modeled costumes for Armor Break only being used for that purpose is quite unique. Makes the outfits more special then fancy costumes that you can equip at any time.

18 hours ago, r_n said:

And I assume all the other, normal costumes you unlock in the DLC will be recolors as well., 

I do not believe this will be the case at all. They usually do make unique costumes for characters featured with DLC all the time. Like Hyrule Warriors (not Legends) while featuring recolors unlocked on maps, the DLC packs had unique costumes made for characters like Lana getting a Skull Kid costume in the Majora's Mask pack. 

Assuming from the themes of the packs. I'm pretty sure 5 Fates characters will get certain costumes in the first pack.
Even though this may not happen, I'm hoping Corrin gets a costume based on an outfit she wears for a short time in a FE Fates manga, but also appeared on the covers for some issues as well.

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

6 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

wait, so the broken armour state for other characters will only be available in the paid DLC? Also, where did they say that they will include the broken armour costume in the paid DLC? I can't seem to find it.

You can't directly find the source now since it's been covered up. But 1 day before the US release if I remember correctly, the DLC details were accidently leak on the Australian eshop. Which revealed everything the DLC packs contained. It's old news by now, but it has been recorded on some Fire Emblem Warriors wiki pages and has been talked about tons before.

The packs will include all the armor break models to cover all playable characters. Fates pack covering all the Fates characters, Shadow Dragon pack covering the Shadow Dragon characters with Anna, Celica, and Lyn and the Awakening DLC covering the Awakening characters.

2 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

You can't directly find the source now since it's been covered up. But 1 day before the US release if I remember correctly, the DLC details were accidently leak on the Australian eshop. Which revealed everything the DLC packs contained. It's old news by now, but it has been recorded on some Fire Emblem Warriors wiki pages and has been talked about tons before.

The packs will include all the armor break models to cover all playable characters. Fates pack covering all the Fates characters, Shadow Dragon pack covering the Shadow Dragon characters with Anna, Celica, and Lyn and the Awakening DLC covering the Awakening characters.

Ahh, thank you for clearing it up. I have already purchased the season pass of Switch, waiting for 2018 to start seeing them.

14 hours ago, Silent shifter said:

Ahh, thank you for clearing it up. I have already purchased the season pass of Switch, waiting for 2018 to start seeing them.

Fates releases in December, so we get to see one luckily. They all currently have placeholder dates for the month they release in, so no idea when in the month it releases. But it is a simultaneous release for both West and Japan luckily, so no waiting a month for each release.

44 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Oh, you can view the Armor Break models in the Model Viewer? I tried checking that but nothing was there. Do I need to have it inflicted upon my own Rowan/Lianna, or do I need to inflict it upon an enemy Rowan/Lianna?

They didn't show up in the model viewer for me until Rowan and Lianna entered the armor break state in gameplay, so they appear when you see them once (though I don't know if they unlock in the model viewer if you armor break an enemy, I never tried).

Edited by Lightchao42

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

They didn't show up in the model viewer for me until Rowan and Lianna entered the armor break state in gameplay, so they appear when you see them once (though I don't know if they unlock in the model viewer if you armor break an enemy, I never tried).

Well I inflicted Armor Break on an enemy Rowan at some point, but haven't had it happen to them under my control, so I'll check later.