Commonly Used Heroes You Enjoy Facing

kirauza343

We all have heroes we don't like to see in an arena match. What are some of the ones that other people fear that you don't? 

Personally I always enjoy seeing Hector since my main team has a strong red mage in Celica. Vanilla Bow!Lyn gives me problems since I can't bait her well, but her Brave Bow variant goes down easily. 

What about the rest of you?

Whenever I see non-Cancel Affinity Brave Lyns and Bridal Cordelias I laugh at them with my Triangle Adept Blarraven Male Robin

Who's outclassed now, meta threats?! Who's outclassed now?!?

For reference, my arena team is A!Tiki, Nowi, Hector, and a bonus unit (currently Anna, and Sharena when she's a bonus unit). All are 5* and Tiki is +3.

Any armored enemy is easy pickings. Full armored teams almost never give me trouble, and I see them a lot. Tiki and Nowi both have Triangle Adept, so it's just a matter of matching properly. Even if the team has Armor March it's usually just a matter of baiting them away.

Reinhardt when not on a cavalry team also doesn't tend to give me trouble. My Hector is +Res and is equipped with Distant Def 2 seal and Nowi has Fortify Res, so even with Death Blow + Moonbow + Quickened Pulse Reinhardt can't kill Hector.

Brave Ike is destroyed by Tiki. Regular Ike is destroyed by Nowi.

13 minutes ago, Doof said:

Whenever I see non-Cancel Affinity Brave Lyns and Bridal Cordelias I laugh at them with my Triangle Adept Blarraven Male Robin

I have a similar build on my +atk Soren, got the +raven tome, TA, and Gtomebreaker, hardy bearing seal, so only red units can reliably stop him. 

So yeah, love seeing BLyn and Reinhardt.

Brave Ike is much less of a problem during their player phase and I have plenty of tanky swordies to make things easy to handle.

Speaking of tanky swordies, even with his fledgling build, Gray has been very helpful in making Brave Lyn noticeably less threatening. Nowi too.

Reinhardt I can shrug off now. Between Halloween Sakura, Vantage Hector and more than enough Green Tome users, he feels like a complete joke now.

Ayra I don't see all too much, but more often than not I have a tanky Lance user (or Nowi) on my team so they could take a sword to the face all day, any day.

Literally every melee if this is more on "what unit i like meeting in arena because they are easy picking'

theres not many ways you can be a threat as a melee in this game, as much as i like to joke about Hector being a terrible enemy, this actually applies to the entire class

flier emblem is probably the only one i actually enjoyed playing against, and only if i run 1 Archer and an underlevelled Barst. The joy of carefully planning your 2 move and sniping one by one is amazing, and I actually enjoyed Brave Lyn match up unless its on the map with breakable object because breakable object is cancer, since you can play cat and mouse with Clive to aggresively check her.

The only thing I despise are dancers, if the enemy team doesn't have a dancer then everything is easy pickings, but a few honerable mentions are ninos who get hit hard by legions ploys, Ike, who is just hilariously easy to kill, non cancel affinity byns because ta Robin or Inigo depending on the team and Reinhardt because on both my teams the dancers, (Olivia and Inigo) can counter him and I find it hilarious the king of the meta can be taken down so easily by simple dancers 

I always get a morbid sense of joy out of finding black knights in the arena, purely because I rarely see a well built one, so its fun to see mine absolutely cush them with little effort, hector never gave me trouble either, same for sheena. I also feel so relieved when I see xander, or camus in non horse emblem teams because now I can count someone out.

8 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I always get a morbid sense of joy out of finding black knights in the arena, purely because I rarely see a well built one, so its fun to see mine absolutely cush them with little effort, hector never gave me trouble either, same for sheena. I also feel so relieved when I see xander, or camus in non horse emblem teams because now I can count someone out.

Black Knight in AA is nice to meet. Sharena with Moonbow, Swordbreaker and ATK+1 kills even the optimal built BK (+1 merge, Steady Breath, QP Seal) in one round, surviving a Black Luna. 

Hmm...Well I like every red not named Celica/Sigurd because my Tana makes short work of them all the time (gotta love Moonbow+QP), I used to love seeing Armor Emblem but Jakob is annoying af. Henry I like seeing because he can't do anything to my beautiful Eirika and even on defense tiles he dies to her.

I also enjoy seeing TA units (except dancers, those can go to hell with Reinhardt), those are awful on defense so they make for easy pickings.

Whenever I see a B!Lyn Reinhardt or Armorers that arent red my Boey rejoices with his Gronnowl and Close counter sending them all to hell (my B!Ike rejoices too).

Biggest bane are Red tome mages, luckily there arent many around :D (and Tiki...)

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Black Knight in AA is nice to meet. Sharena with Moonbow, Swordbreaker and ATK+1 kills even the optimal built BK (+1 merge, Steady Breath, QP Seal) in one round, surviving a Black Luna. 

I love unleashing my Sharena on them BKs just for the giggles.

I kind of like facing Reinhardts in the Arena as long as it's not a full on horse team. I see plenty of isolated Reins. I just bait him with Merric and Deflect Magic does the rest of the work. Best. Skill. Ever. And I absolutely love flier teams because Merric also murders them. :3 Such Death. Much Fun. 

6 hours ago, Doof said:

Robin does not have the same niche as Brave Lyn and therefore does not “outclass” her. Like, at all. 

30 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I kind of like facing Reinhardts in the Arena as long as it's not a full on horse team. I see plenty of isolated Reins. I just bait him with Merric and Deflect Magic does the rest of the work. Best. Skill. Ever. And I absolutely love flier teams because Merric also murders them. :3 Such Death. Much Fun. 

I love Deflect Magic. It is my go-to seal, and between that and having built up some green checks like TA Lighting Fae and TA Raven Boey, Reinhardt is a welcome sight in any arena match. Almost any green with even passable Res is guaranteed to live one round against fully built ones. Never has my Nino enjoyed such a safe and easy Desperation proc before.

Really though, any melee infantry or armor is going to be easy to deal with because of how easily you can play around their attack ranges, and barring Dancer or block shenanigans their movement is completely predictable. Even some high-Mov threats like Reinhardt can be easy to isolate and KO.

Edited by MrSmokestack

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I love Deflect Magic. It is my go-to seal, and between that and having built up some green checks like TA Lighting Fae and TA Raven Boey, Reinhardt is a welcome sight in any arena match. Almost any green with even passable Res is guaranteed to live one round against fully built ones. Never has my Nino enjoyed such a safe and easy Desperation proc before.

Ikr? I've got a pretty solid Julia, DC Titania, and Raven!Cecilia who handle things pretty nicely, but it's really comforting to know that I can just slap Deflect Magic on just about green mage and be safe. I mean my Merric only has 23 RES, 26 when buffed, and he just takes it like a boss. Innes would probably like it too now that I think about it. 

I also kind of like seeing Brave Bow Lyn with Desperation or Cancel Affinity. It means I can either park Hector in front of her or even Merric with his bowbreaker, and that's the end of that. Her base kit really is the one that gives me the most trouble. But her other variations aren't nearly as scary.

12 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Robin does not have the same niche as Brave Lyn and therefore does not “outclass” her. Like, at all. 

I... it was a joke... you do realize that, right? No one is stupid enough to think that Robin outclasses Brave Lyn at all.

And if someone seriously thinks that, they probably run Stahl over Seth or something

2 hours ago, Doof said:

I... it was a joke... you do realize that, right? No one is stupid enough to think that Robin outclasses Brave Lyn at all.

And if someone seriously thinks that, they probably run Stahl over Seth or something

I’m aware it was a joke, but “outclassed” isn’t the right word in that context. That’s all.

This isn't the thread for pedantry. ;/

For the topic, it's a lot of things:

- Just about every sword will go down to Leon.  And if Leon can't one-round, Azura can safely chip.
- Just about every bow not named Brave Lyn will go down to Spring Camilla.  On a good day, she'll take out Horse Bow too.
- If you fly, you die to a Brave Bow archer, unless you're running TA -raven.  Then, you die to my red of choice.