Agreements on Fire Emblem Remakes.  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which remake do you agree on?

• I agree on a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War.
    • I agree on a remake of the Elibe Saga (Binding Blade/Blazing Sword.)
    • I agree on both of them.
    • I disagree on both of them

The feeling of having a Genealogy of the Holy War remake could be potentially be a possibility, and the Elibe Saga remake I always wanted, could copy some of the elements Genealogy of the Holy War offered, making the growth rates better than before, and have the units more useful, and not have them easily killed. That would have Roy's shit growths better, and more of the child units more powerful, and I'm hoping that it won't be forced to be like Awakening again, having the Child units being playable at the same time as the parent units, and having an avatar to have "Waifus or Husbandos." and I also want them to make the Legendary Weapons unbreakable, let's wait for Fire Emblem Switch 1st, to see if it is an official installment or a remake, then we'll see if we get a Genealogy of the Holy War remake, and an Elibe Saga remake.

Um, first off, this is in the wrong forum. Second, I still am not very willing to trust IS with remakes...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Yeah, this should be in theĀ  general Fire Emblem forum.

That said, I'd really like Jugdral to get its dues. Plus, I'm seeing more people say trying to play FE4 is getting harder and harder due to its age, which I don't think is a problem with the Elibe games, where the main problems are due to balance or a lack of hindsight where some major things/characters in FE7 never get brought up in FE6(Which can also be said about FE4).

Plus, with where the series is right now(IE baby and shipping crazy), I think Genealogy would be more timely.

Edited by Slumber

Both would be good remakes. I could see Genaology, but Ik Binding Blade was game that was talked about being remade in an interview (don't remember the guy's name). But that isn't a confirmation or anything. But yeah, I'd like to see Binding Blade have a remake the most. Blazing Sword as well. Genaology would be cool too mainly because I never finished it and I feel like the game has a lot of issues that need fixed.

So long as we're at least getting a ratio of 1 new game for every 1 remake, I'm fine with the whole remakes thing lol. Binding Blade and Genealogy could both greatly do with an update to make them more intuitive and playable, and I'm a fan of the idea of the eugenics mechanics in a more natural setting than like say Fates.Ā 

And as far as remakes, I feel like they did a good enough job with Echoes to make any such distrust pretty much unwarranted.

14 hours ago, Slumber said:

Plus, with where the series is right now(IE baby and shipping crazy), I think Genealogy would be more timely.

I thought I heard in an interview that they wanted to take a break from the whole marriage thing, which was one of the reasons they didn't introduce an Avatar to Echoes.

Obviously, I'd prefer Re:Elibe, but hey, I know literally nothing about Jugdral save that incest was involved, so I'm open to be enlightened.

33 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I thought I heard in an interview that they wanted to take a break from the whole marriage thing, which was one of the reasons they didn't introduce an Avatar to Echoes.

Obviously, I'd prefer Re:Elibe, but hey, I know literally nothing about Jugdral save that incest was involved, so I'm open to be enlightened.

I'd honestly be fine with either Jugdral or Elibe, but I think Jugdral's a bit more starved for attention right now.

I think the team had more of a problem introducing an Avatar to Gaiden for SoV than they likely would have if Gaiden had an Avatar already 25 years ago. So I don't think they'd really have a problem remaking a game that already had open-pairings and babies.

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I am pretty sure someone from IS said that if they remake another game, it would be Binding Blade.Ā 

True, and it wasn't just anyone, I believe it was the director of SoV. But I don't think he gets the final word in what projects he gets put in charge of. It's likely investors and the higher ups at IS that decide what gets made.

Plus, I have a major problem with Binding Blade being the next game to be remade: At this point, a decade and a half after the Elibe games, it makes no sense to remake Binding Blade before Blazing Blade. It may be how they were released chronologically, but Binding Blade was only made first because they got the idea to explore Eliwood's and Hector's friendship near the end of Binding's development.

I think, especially now with a bigger audience who likely aren't even familiar with the events of Blazing, exploring the events and characters who influence Binding Blade BEFORE the events of Binding Blade is a much more appealing prospect than seeing Blazing be a prequel again.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

True, and it wasn't just anyone, I believe it was the director of SoV. But I don't think he gets the final word in what projects he gets put in charge of. It's likely investors and the higher ups at IS that decide what gets made.

Plus, I have a major problem with Binding Blade being the next game to be remade: At this point, a decade and a half after the Elibe games, it makes no sense to remake Binding Blade before Blazing Blade. It may be how they were released chronologically, but Binding Blade was only made first because they got the idea to explore Eliwood's and Hector's friendship near the end of Binding's development.

I think, especially now with a bigger audience, exploring the events and characters who influence Binding Blade BEFORE the events of Binding Blade is a much more appealing prospect than seeing Blazing be a prequel again.

Yeah, but his word might still carry some weight, so there's a higher chance for that than Genealogy. Also, I agree that it would make more sense to go with Blazing Sword and then Binding Blade since it would make more sense.Ā 

Would even be better if they can somehow combine both games into one.

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

And as far as remakes, I feel like they did a good enough job with Echoes to make any such distrust pretty much unwarranted.

I would agree, but I still can't forgive them for Shadow Dragon...

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Would even be better if they can somehow combine both games into one.

I don't think so. I've seen people support this idea, but they fail to take into account the workload, for one, and second, the fact that literally the only thing in the story of Blazing Blade that has anything to do with the story of Sword of Seals is the Bern arc.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

7 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I don't think so. I've seen people support this idea, but they fail to take into account the workload, for one, and second, the fact that literally the only thing in the story of Blazing Blade that has anything to do with the story of Sword of Seals is the Bern arc.

I said better, not practical. We'd all love to have both combined as one, but obviously if they have to reworkĀ everything about and put it all into a single game, its a shit ton of work.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I said better, not practical. We'd all love to have both combined as one, but obviously if they have to reworkĀ everything about and put it all into a single game, its a shit ton of work.

And that's precisely what I'm disputing - I just think that the result would be worse ifĀ they tried to make it into a 2-in-1 compilation than if they just did them individually.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

And that's precisely what I'm disputing - I just think that the result would be worse ifĀ they tried to make it into a 2-in-1 compilation than if they just did them individually.

Though I imagine Blazing Sword being first would also bring about some issues. Though if they do, I want Mark to be a legit character. Might as well have Mark make even MORE connections with Robin.

I'd prefer the Elibe saga being remade but wouldn't mind if the Jugdral games get remade. The Jugdral games need the remake more, but they are also seem to be more complicated to remake. Preferably they go with the Elibe saga and remake Blazing sword first, then do Binding Blade later.

Personally, I would prefer a FE4 remake since I feel like they deserve more attention and also that would mean Thracia would get remade which I desperately want.

However, I do think they would do Binding Blade first solely because Roy is popular and people in the West are more familiar with him then they would be Sigurd or Seliph.

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Personally, I would prefer a FE4 remake since I feel like they deserve more attention and also that would mean Thracia would get remade which I desperately want.

However, I do think they would do Binding Blade first solely because Roy is popular and people in the West are more familiar with him then they would be Sigurd or Seliph.

Counterpoint:

The west is probably more familiar with Reinhardt than they are Roy right now *coughcough*.

49 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Counterpoint:

The west is probably more familiar with Reinhardt than they are Roy right now *coughcough*.

You're probably right tbh XD.

Both games deserve remakes, though I think that Binding Blade will probably come first, since it should be easier to improve. As far as I can tell, it just needs some better balancing, have supports be quicker and easier to unlock, and have Roy promote earlier. I haven't actually played Binding Blade, or either of the Judgral games for that matter, so I have to go off secondhand knowledge when talking about these games. I would love for Blazing sword, or even Sacred Stones, to be remastered alongside this game, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for Genealogy of the Holy War, it is most certainly doable, though as seen in the various threads on this site that already discuss how the game should be remade, there's a lot of areasĀ that couldĀ be improved, and a lot of different ways to do so. All I know for certain is that IS will need to drop their habit of keeping remakes as close as they can to the original, because this game has aged, and not always in good ways. That being said, this game does definitely need more recognition, and it could become an even more solid masterpiece if IS successfully pulled the remakeĀ off

I also wouldn't mind if Tharcia 776 was remade, if only to get a proper translation. I do think they should add a tutorial in the veins of how the 3DS games handled it, and make it a bit more beginner-friendly, since it's not kind to a blind player at all. The only thing I'm concerned about is how they balanceĀ both modernizing the game while keeping faithful to its roots, since I see major problems that could happen if they went either way (speaking of which, has anyone made a Tharcia 776 Echoes thread yet? I'm interested on what the people who've played the game want in a remake).

If Nintendo wanted a quick buck they could remaster the Tellius games, since I know a lot of people want to play those but can't because the games are so rare (seriously, I've only seen a copy of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn ONCE in my entire life). Seriously, people would buy the games for Ike alone, but they're also among the more challenging games in the series, which would attract certain players.

I feel geneology and tharacia could benefit more from a remake. I wouldn't be against the elibe games getting a remake (mostly Binding Blade since it was never localized) I just feel FE7 doesn't really need one as badly since its still a solid game.

While geneology and tharacia are riddled with problems that are begging to be ironed out in a similar fashion they did with SoV.

Also while were at it, could we get a localized version of NMoTE? If nintendo were to simply release a translated version of it on the switch eshop or something, it would probably sell nicely

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Counterpoint:

Counter counter-point:

Roy has two Smash games backing him. He's a lot more marketable than Reinhardt is.

Ā 

Anyway, i would obviously like to see remakes for both games. Genealogy because a lot of the gameplay issues could be fixed and Binding Blade because it's my 2nd favorite game in the series and it could use some polishing.

I don't think a remake of Blazing Blade is needed considering that the game was released internationally, and you couldĀ play it on the Wii U.

21 hours ago, TheXGamer said:

The feeling of having a Genealogy of the Holy War remake could be potentially be a possibility, and the Elibe Saga remake I always wanted, could copy some of the elements Genealogy of the Holy War offered, making the growth rates better than before, and have the units more useful, and not have them easily killed. That would have Roy's shit growths better, and more of the child units more powerful, and I'm hoping that it won't be forced to be like Awakening again, having the Child units being playable at the same time as the parent units, and having an avatar to have "Waifus or Husbandos." and I also want them to make the Legendary Weapons unbreakable, let's wait for Fire Emblem Switch 1st, to see if it is an official installment or a remake, then we'll see if we get a Genealogy of the Holy War remake, and an Elibe Saga remake.

The problem here is that the Elibe saga being 2-in-1 is risky and second, there aren't enough characters related to the FE7 cast in FE6 for there to justify them taking a page from Genealogy's book in a hypothetical remake.