Do you have a preferred remaster of With Mila's Divine Protection?

Music poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a preference? Which is better?

• Smash version
    • FE Echoes version
    • No preference

The Smash version sounds more like a battle theme than the Echoes one, which in that vein is why I prefer it to the latter. If it had a battle version of the song in Echoes, like what Awakening and Fates did, perhaps, but otherwise, Smash all the way

10 minutes ago, Motendra said:

The Smash version sounds more like a battle theme than the Echoes one, which in that vein is why I prefer it to the latter. If it had a battle version of the song in Echoes, like what Awakening and Fates did, perhaps, but otherwise, Smash all the way

Yes, now I know why I prefer the Smash version! I couldn't put my finger on it before...

I didn't realise the Smash version would be so much more popular.

I prefer the Echoes version. It sounds like it's building up to something positively heroic. This makes it consistently exciting. I think this is particularly important for a looping song.

The Smash version sounds a bit oppressive. It has a lot of harsh sounds tempered only by what I can only describe as brief dance beat interludes. I never much liked it.

6 hours ago, lyscalibur said:

I didn't realise the Smash version would be so much more popular.

I prefer the Echoes version. It sounds like it's building up to something positively heroic. This makes it consistently exciting. I think this is particularly important for a looping song.

The Smash version sounds a bit oppressive. It has a lot of harsh sounds tempered only by what I can only describe as brief dance beat interludes. I never much liked it.

I suppose they do both serve their purposes. Depends on whether you like listening to map themes or battle themes more. I like the occasional map theme, but I LOVE battle themes.

You make a good point about them serving different purposes. I think also that Echoes was also going for a very particular kind of style. And I happened to be personally very fond of that style. Whereas the Smash songs were composed by a variety of special guest musicians, right? I imagine they're meant to be quite distinct and creative.

I like both, the Smash one definitely sounds like a battle theme, while the Echoes version sounds more like an Adventure track. As in one is on a long, grand quest, so while the Smash one probably better especially with more diverse instruments being used I think it also depends on what you want the song to be conveying in the first place. Are we about to fight someone, are we simply travelling through the land etc.