Is a timeline connecting all the games possible?

Faellin

I was bored so I tried thinking about if there is an official timeline to connect all the games in some for, I know alot of the games are interconnected, but i've been wondering if thats really true?

So far what i've come up with is

Geneology > Tharacia > SD > Gaiden > NMoTE

Followed by a timeline split with Marth being succesful at sealing Madeus or not.

Succesful timeline: Elibe series (Everyone gets nervous with the dragons and seals them all away due to the SD events)

Marth fails timeline: Telius, which eventually branches back to awakening, evidenced by Priam (Madeus and the other dragons break free, take over archanea and threaten the rest of the world, eventually setting their sights on telius, the gods over there say no and flood the world)

Now the only 2 main line games that confuse me on this are sacred stones and fates. SS seems to have absolutely no possible ties to other games so I have no idea.

And with fates, its a longshot but the only thing I could potentially come up with is Nohr and Hoshido evolving from Valm and Chon'sin from awakening after a long period of time.

This is mostly crackpot theories and me gasping at minor details. But it was fun attempting to think this up regardless.

Edited by Faellin

The timeline goes as follows

Archanea/Valentia/Jugdral timeline: Genealogy 1st Gen > Thracia 776 > Genealogy 2nd Gen > Shadow Dragon >Gaiden/SoV > FE3/12 > Awakening

Elibe timeline: Blazing Blade > Binding Blade

Tellius Timeline: Path of Radiance > Radiant Dawn

The rest of the games are standalone. It's also worth noting that none of the timelines connect to each other.

Fates can't take place in a future past Awakening as Chrom remarks in the Before Awakening DLC that the lands of Hoshido and Nohr are just legends to him. 

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Archanea/Valentia/Jugdral timeline: Genealogy 1st Gen > Thracia 776 > Genealogy 2nd Gen > Shadow Dragon >Gaiden/SoV > FE3/12 > Awakening

Elibe timeline: Blazing Blade > Binding Blade

Tellius Timeline: Path of Radiance > Radiant Dawn

The rest of the games are standalone. It's also worth noting that none of the timelines connect to each other.

There's still some oddities. Like how Fae is part of the Divine Dragon tribe. We can't know if that means she's one of THOSE divine dragons descended from Naga, but it's quite the coincidence that the dragon tribes we see only hints of in Elibe mirror the dragon tribes of Archanea. Fire, Ice, Divine. Only Earth Dragons are absent from Elibe's lore, but that makes sense since that entire tribe was sealed away before Marth's time.

Also there's Panne's support with Ricken that suggests the Taguel could once shift into all manner of beasts before humans driven them to extinction. Maybe they're the last remnants of Laguz. That and Priam's name dropping of Ike suggests the events of Tellius must have happened in the same world. even if we can't know how long ago that was. 

There's a bit of a problem with your theory of split routes. From the way people talk about the hero king in Awakening, I think we can safely assume that Marth did not noticebly fail in his adventures.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is pretty much the big canon timeline, so lets use this a starting point.

We know Priam, a decendant of Ike, shows up in Awakening, so that means PoR and RD happened before it.

Considering how Tellius seems to be the only world where dragons and humans really coexist, I'd like to believe that that's where Ninian and Nils traveled to.

There's also the fact that in both Archenea and Elibe there was an event that forced the dragons to start using dragonstones. If we assume these continents exist in the same world, but are to far apart of one another, and that these two events are one and the same, we can derive that the Elibe games happen before SD, but after the Jugdral games (BB takes place a millenium after the scouring, which is where the degeneration would have taken place, while it's stated that Medius' battle with Anri took place after more then a millenium had passed). So with those assumptions, we can derive that the timeline now looks like this:

Genealogy 1st Gen > Thracia 776 > Genealogy 2nd Gen > Blazing Sword > Binding Blade > Shadow Dragon >Gaiden/SoV > FE3/12 > Awakening

No idea where to place the other games yet, although Fates and the Tellius games should happen before Awakening.

There isn't anything that directly connects most of the continents but there's nothing that denies the existence of a unified timeline, so aside from what Armagon mentioned you can place any game anywhere on the Jugdral/Archanea/Valentia/Ylisse timeline and it wouldn't really make a difference (though presumably Awakening would take place after everything else). The existence of the Outrealms basically eliminates the necessity for a singular timeline, so the most appropriate answer to any timeline question would be, as Senator Armstrong would say, "Outrealms, son!"

Though for what it's worth, Manaketes appear to operate similarly across all games in which they appear (so every continent except Tellius).

43 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Fates can't take place in a future past Awakening as Chrom remarks in the Before Awakening DLC that the lands of Hoshido and Nohr are just legends to him.

Technically we don't know how long Hoshido and Nohr have been around, so they could've been founded before Awakening took place while the events of Fates took place after Awakening.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Technically we don't know how long Hoshido and Nohr have been around, so they could've been founded before Awakening took place while the events of Fates took place after Awakening.

You are absolutely correct with this statement. But that also reminds me of how in three games Fates' world lacks not only a continental name but any evidence of historic events that date past the birth of Corrin. So to me, Fates will always be some kind of dreamscape fathomed by a dragon going mad in the Archanean universe. Or a universe existing in some pocket dimension or rift in space that used to share a world with the other continents before Anankos zapped it away with his powers. Thus making Fates-landia seem like a legend to Chrom like how Atlantis is a legend to us.

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

There's still some oddities. Like how Fae is part of the Divine Dragon tribe. We can't know if that means she's one of THOSE divine dragons descended from Naga, but it's quite the coincidence that the dragon tribes we see only hints of in Elibe mirror the dragon tribes of Archanea. Fire, Ice, Divine. Only Earth Dragons are absent from Elibe's lore, but that makes sense since that entire tribe was sealed away before Marth's time.

The Dragons in Elibe are most likely not related to the Dragons in Archanea. There's no mention of Naga at all in the Elibe games whereas every game in the Archanea/Valentia/Jugdral timeline mentions Naga (granted, Gaiden didn't mention her at all but SoV did).

13 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Also there's Panne's support with Ricken that suggests the Taguel could once shift into all manner of beasts before humans driven them to extinction. Maybe they're the last remnants of Laguz.

They could be similar to the Laguz, but i don't think they are related to the Tellius Laguz. Awakening established that travel between universes was a thing. It's likely just a "parallel universe" thing.

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

That and Priam's name dropping of Ike suggests the events of Tellius must have happened in the same world. even if we can't know how long ago that was.

You have to keep in mind that Chrom knows of the existence of Hoshido and Nohr, despite it being confirmed that Awakening and Fates take place in two separate universes. In the Xenolouges, Chrom also has knowledge of Magvel and Elibe. Considering the fact that the Xenolouges take place in locations based on other games, it's possible that travelers from these other worlds shared knowledge of their own worlds with the residents of Archanea/Valentia/Judgral.

Tellius being in the same world is something i do see, but in the Xenolouges make it sound like it isn't.

Of course, the Xenolouges aren't canon but one could argue that Priam and the rest of the Spotpass characters aren't canon either.

17 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

There's also the fact that in both Archenea and Elibe there was an event that forced the dragons to start using dragonstones. If we assume these continents exist in the same world, but are to far apart of one another, and that these two events are one and the same, we can derive that the Elibe games happen before SD, but after the Jugdral games (BB takes place a millenium after the scouring, which is where the degeneration would have taken place, while it's stated that Medius' battle with Anri took place after more then a millenium had passed)

The two events were different though. Archanea Dragons were forced to use Dragonstones to prevent degeneration. Elibe Dragons were forced to use Dragonstones because the Legendary Weapons of Elibe fucked up the rules of nature.

If Archanea and Elibe did exist in the same world, Archanea's Dragons would also be affected by the Ending Winter. The Ending Winter affected the entire world. Archanea Dragons would've been forced to use Dragonstones when the Ending Winter happened. Archanea Dragons were degenerating. Elibe Dragons weren't. Now, you could argue that Achanea Dragons were degenerating because of the Ending Winter, but that wouldn't make sense. If anything, Elibe Dragons would be more susceptible to degeneration, since they were closer to the cause of the Ending Winter (the Legendary Weapons).

28 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Though for what it's worth, Manaketes appear to operate similarly across all games in which they appear (so every continent except Tellius).

Magvel Manaketes seem to function a bit differently as well, though we don't know how or why. They use Dragonstones, but unlike Archanea and Elibe Dragons, Magvel Manaketes don't have an explained reason as to why they need a Dragonstone.

Awakening kind of closed a lot of doors that would make it likely that there's a single FE timeline by explaining that Outrealm and Dragon Gates can be used to travel to other worlds.

There'd be no need to introduce these things, and then imply multiple times that Elibe/Magvel/Tellius are in different worlds if they weren't suggesting that these are separate worlds from the "Main" Archanea/Valentia/Jugdral one.

Plus, yeah. Just look at the dragons in each world if you want to see how difficult it would be to connect all these worlds.

Edited by Slumber

There was a topic on Reddit a few weeks ago that postulated that Elibe occurs on the same world as Archanea/Valentia/Jugdral and that the Scouring triggered the dragons' decline worldwide. What's interesting is that based on its suggestions Roy's tale happens around the same time as Adrah was founding the Kingdom of Archanea.

42 minutes ago, Slumber said:

There'd be no need to introduce these things, and then imply multiple times that Elibe/Magvel/Tellius are in different worlds if they weren't suggesting that these are separate worlds from the "Main" Archanea/Valentia/Jugdral one.

What about the existence of Priam? Chrom does know alot of Fire Emblem History such as he knows the history of the Goddess Ashera gotten defeated by the legendary Radiant Hero Ike. And plus, there's the Einherjars that have all the past games' characters in all twelve games including the legendary weapons that it connects it to all the past games as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

8 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

What about the existence of Priam? Chrom does know alot of Fire Emblem History such as he knows the history of the Goddess Ashera gotten defeated by the legendary Radiant Hero Ike. And plus, there's the Einherjars that have all the past games' characters in all twelve games including the legendary weapons that it connects it to all the past games as well.

Priam was hanging out in the Outrealm. It's likely that Ike's disappearance at the end of RD, is being implied as him literally leaving the world of Tellius in Awakening.

Weapons and Chrom knowing names doesn't fill the massive holes that would need to be filled to explain that Tellius happens in the same world as Archanea. You'd think there'd be some mention of Ashera/Yune/Ashunera, literal Gods that people know about at the end of FE10, in ANY of the FEs between 1 and 5, and Awakening. Instead, Naga and the dragons are treated as Gods.

I agree with what OP said: Chonsin lead to Hoshido and Valm became Nohr over thousands, maybe millions of years so Fates happened after Awakening in the timeline. I remember reading something about the Manakete being destined by Naga to be replaced by humans. There don't seem to be Manakete around anymore so at that point it can be assumed Nowi, Tiki, and Nah are long gone and Manakete have gone extinct. Naga is never mentioned either so she has likely been long forgotten. As I see it, the dragon gods of Fire Emblem mate like the Greek Gods. Naga, Grima, and any other dragons mated and gave birth to new dragon god children; for example, Anankos. It is possible that Naga, like Anankos, lived to the point where she began to despise  humanity and  before the Fates series, she was defeated. It is even possible that Grima once loved humanity like Anankos and Naga before the events of Awakening. Basically, divine dragons have a set life cycle: born, love humanity, hate and attempt to destroy humanity, get defeated. 

There is not nor should be nor need be a single timeline. I'd be happier if there wasn't, just stick to Outrealms as the answer.

What does having Elibe in the same world as Jugdral do for either? Nothing, nothing at all. The games don't influence each other, barring some silly forced remake retconning if IS wanted to.

Even if by some remote chance the Ending Winter was the cause of Archanean dragon decline- I don't see it really doing much, as Archanea never learns of this and the two continents never interact. The Ending Winter of Elibe might as well not exist for Archanea, and Archanea might as well not exist for Elibe.

If IS wants to set multiple continents with distinct stories in the same world, yet integrate those continents, they're best off doing this with a series of brand new games and not reworking the old ones. 

Chrom's knowledge of non-Archanean-Valentian-Jugdralians worlds is purely a fanservice thing that gives him the ability to inform players unfamiliar with the older games of the origins and nature of Priam and the Einherjar characters.

The games seems to share in a similar magicology, and elements of dragonology, but the differences are stark. Tellius in particular sticks out like a sore thumb. While the dragons when caught up in the spirit of chaos are said to be the most terrible of the Laguz, they never degenerate and live seemingly far shorter lives (1000+ instead of thousands) than Archanean dragons, on top of never needing dragonstones.

Then on the magic side of things, Canas and his academic Elder Magic is a far far far cry from Tharja and her hexes. 

1 hour ago, Nemnothet said:

It is possible that Naga, like Anankos, lived to the point where she began to despise  humanity and  before the Fates series, she was defeated. It is even possible that Grima once loved humanity like Anankos and Naga before the events of Awakening. Basically, divine dragons have a set life cycle: born, love humanity, hate and attempt to destroy humanity, get defeated. 

Nope. Divine Dragon Queen Naga died at Thabes after creating the Falchion of Archanea and the Fire Emblem/Binding Shield- the former a weapon for humanity in case of anti-human dragons, and the latter a seal on the Earth Dragons that wanted humanity dead. Naga died a martyr for humanity. And also her daughter, as the Binding Shield keeps baby/child Tiki's power under control.

The Naga of Awakening doesn't have an actual body it seems, they're just a spirit. I doubt she could degenerate in such a state.

And Grima in SoV is retconned/revealed to be the product of experimentation on Divine Dragon carcasses (being born in Thabes, just might be Grima was made with Naga's body). Grima was insane from day one. A pitiful creature knowing only how to rage and consume. 

5 hours ago, Nemnothet said:

I agree with what OP said: Chonsin lead to Hoshido and Valm became Nohr over thousands, maybe millions of years so Fates happened after Awakening in the timeline. I remember reading something about the Manakete being destined by Naga to be replaced by humans. There don't seem to be Manakete around anymore so at that point it can be assumed Nowi, Tiki, and Nah are long gone and Manakete have gone extinct. Naga is never mentioned either so she has likely been long forgotten. As I see it, the dragon gods of Fire Emblem mate like the Greek Gods. Naga, Grima, and any other dragons mated and gave birth to new dragon god children; for example, Anankos. It is possible that Naga, like Anankos, lived to the point where she began to despise  humanity and  before the Fates series, she was defeated. It is even possible that Grima once loved humanity like Anankos and Naga before the events of Awakening. Basically, divine dragons have a set life cycle: born, love humanity, hate and attempt to destroy humanity, get defeated. 

Breakin' it down:

• Manaketes weren't created by Naga at all; Naga isn't a goddess despite being worshiped like one (sort of, it's complicated). Naga said they were doomed to extinction because of that whole "eventually goes irreversibly insane and starts killing people" thing, which seems to just be an eventuality for Manaketes.
  • Noting about Fateslandia's topographical makeup corresponds to Valentia, and "thousands to millions of years" wouldn't shift its composition that drastically.
  • The idea that Chonsin and Valm could become Hoshido and Nohr is...very improable, lets say. For that matter, so is the world staying in what is basically technological stasis for such a long period.
  • Grima and Naga aren't gods. None of the so-called "dragon gods" are.
  • Grima, if you want to get technical, isn't even a Manakete, but an unnatural monstrosity created by a human, a la Frankenstein's monster.
  • The only living "dragon god" post-Awakening is Naga herself, who doesn't have a body as of Awakening, and the only known manakete population at that time is entirely female unless Bantu is still alive and...well, Bantu probably wouldn't be much help in the making children department.
  • And this is just a nitpick, but Anankos is male.
3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Chrom's knowledge of non-Archanean-Valentian-Jugdralians worlds is purely a fanservice thing that gives him the ability to inform players unfamiliar with the older games of the origins and nature of Priam and the Einherjar characters.

Pretty much this; people take the absurd amount of fanservice Awakening crammed into itself too seriously, even though it's pretty clear they were only intending them to be shout-outs to the older games in what possibly could have been the series' last hurrah.

Edited by Azure Sen

The only timeline that could be considered canon is the one whose link has been mentioned in the series. The Archanea, Valentia, Jugdral and Ylisses timeline.

Tellius, Magvel, Fates and Elibe are standalone.

The spotpress and DLC are Obviously non canon. 

9 hours ago, Skylorella Con said:

The spotpress and DLC are Obviously non canon. 

If the Spotpass characters are not canon, then why do they have character endings? Besides, IS has never said that they aren't canon.

Also, I married Aversa in Awakening, so does that mean that Morgan's not canon?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

18 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

If the Spotpass characters are not canon, then why do they have character endings? Besides, IS has never said that they aren't canon.

She's obviously talking about Xenologue characters, not Paralogue characters. Aversa's a Paralogue character.

Edited by Slumber

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Because every playable character has had an ending, even when their survival isn't the intended canonical choice? Sonya and Deen both have endings despite one of them having to die by necessity. Frey has a character ending in Shadow Dragon despite never appearing outside Normal mode, and the Shadow Dragon gaiden characters have endings despite their recruitment being entirely non-canon as of New Mystery. The SpotPass characters are just more non-canon fanservice taken too seriously, even though outside of Piram and Yen'fay their continued survival makes no sense.

And if you want to get technical, none of the kids have canon second parents. Your personal playthrough may have had Aversa!Morgan, but as far as IntSys is concerned, the Second Gen's canon second  parents are a bunch of no-name nobodies.

5 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

The SpotPass characters are just more non-canon fanservice taken too seriously, even though outside of Piram and Yen'fay their continued survival makes no sense.

Since when has IS said that they aren't canon, exactly?

21 hours ago, Nemnothet said:

Actually, I think the timeline from Fates usually comes before Awakening, not a prequel since Anankos did hired Severa, Inigo, and Owain to his world to make sure Corrin be safe and Anankos did gave the three brand new new identities becoming Selena, Laslow, and Odin. Asugi, Caeldori, and Rhajat are incaration of Gaius, Cordelia, and Tharja. Rhajat did mentioned in her death quote that she sees someone in a desert and she did start developing stalking Corrin which Tharja does that to Robin as well.

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

She's obviously talking about Xenologue characters, not Paralogue characters. Aversa's a Paralogue character.

Selena did mentioned about the Hot Spring in her support conversation with Odin in Fates: Conquest and Revelations. She did remembered that she was wearing the cute outfit that was the Yukata and her hair was dyed was from Hot-Spring Scramble in Awakening.

Edited by King Marth 64

14 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Morgan isn't technically Aversa's son, his only canon parent is Robin. His second parent can be anyone thus isn't canon. 

Secondly spotpass in awakening only appear as bouns contect and bonus contect is never canon in Fe unless you want to argue that Hector magically comes back to life after a few runs of Fe6 or Lyon comes back to life after clearing the ruins in Fe 8 a few times? Every Fe game has bonus contect for FANS to enjoy and that is exactly what spotpass is.

Canonically, Emmeryn, Aversa, Gangrel and Walhert should be dead. How do they miraculously survive after being defeated and why does Chrom even ask them to join?? They absolutely have no redeemable decent excuse for all their actions. This makes absolutely no sense and their existance ruins awakening even more. 

I'm not even going to mention Priam because his existance is absolutely laughable.

Tellius and Awakening have absolutely no connection.

Edited by Skylorella Con

1 hour ago, Skylorella Con said:

Morgan isn't technically Aversa's son, his only canon parent is Robin. His second parent can be anyone thus isn't canon. 

Secondly spotpass in awakening only appear as bouns contect and bonus contect is never canon in Fe unless you want to argue that Hector magically comes back to life after a few runs of Fe6 or Lyon comes back to life after clearing the ruins in Fe 8 a few times? Every Fe game has bonus contect for FANS to enjoy and that is exactly what spotpass is.

Canonically, Emmeryn, Aversa, Gangrel and Walhert should be dead. How do they miraculously survive after being defeated and why does Chrom even ask them to join?? They absolutely have no redeemable decent excuse for all their actions. This makes absolutely no sense and their existance ruins awakening even more. 

I'm not even going to mention Priam because his existance is absolutely laughable.

Tellius and Awakening have absolutely no connection.

and in Valflame's animation, some of the Ancinet leanguage from thelius apeers in the animation. I tha it as cannon,

for me the timeline is: Thelius (all the other continents are submerged), Fates (Anaknos Hides Owins Brand of the exalt, so the holy blood pacts happens after fates, and ophelia and her potental siblings (and kane, if she is her child) don't know whts it the brand) Juggdrall, Ebille, Secret sotnes between 7 and 6, thos 3 games in the 1000 beteewn Juggdrall and Shadow dragon, then  BS fire emblem (It's canon acording to the developers) the Shedow dragon, Echos, New mistery (I consder the remkaes over the orginals) then Awakening, lets wait for Fire Emblem Switch, to see where it fits on the timeline

3 hours ago, Skylorella Con said:

Secondly spotpass in awakening only appear as bouns contect and bonus contect is never canon in Fe unless you want to argue that Hector magically comes back to life after a few runs of Fe6 or Lyon comes back to life after clearing the ruins in Fe 8 a few times? Every Fe game has bonus contect for FANS to enjoy and that is exactly what spotpass is

Comparing the Spotpass characters to the Trial/Creature Campaign characters is a bit.....inaccurate. The Spotpass characters have dialogue, Support conversations (albiet, only 2 chains, one of which is only accessible if they marry the Avatar) and endings. The Trial/Creature Campaign characters have none of that. The Spotpass characters are more canon than the Trial/Creature Campaign characters will ever be.

A better comparison would've been comparing the Einherjar to the Trial/Creature Campaign Characters. Sure, the Einherjar do have recruitment dialogue (and if you want to go into the Xenolouges, some battle conversations) but that's it. They don't have the depth that the Spotpass characters do.

Note: I'm not saying that the Spotpass characters are canon (even though it wouldn't surprise me at all if IS said they were). I'm just pointing out a flaw in your argument.

3 hours ago, Skylorella Con said:

The male Robin that marries Aversa should actually get the female Morgan, not the male Morgan. And plus, the SpotPass content is different than the Trial/Creature Campaign since SpotPass can be used in the story while Trial/Creature Campaign was used after the end of the game.