Is a timeline connecting all the games possible?

Faellin

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Comparing the Spotpass characters to the Trial/Creature Campaign characters is a bit.....inaccurate. The Spotpass characters have dialogue, Support conversations (albiet, only 2 chains, one of which is only accessible if they marry the Avatar) and endings. The Trial/Creature Campaign characters have none of that. The Spotpass characters are more canon than the Trial/Creature Campaign characters will ever be.

You have a point there but I still think it's the same idea, just further enhanced. E.g. giving them an ending, support conversation(s) and an actual personality.

They might have a little more in depth to them but I still consider them non-canon, Canon literally mean 'Taking part in the main story line' which none of the spotpass characters do. Unlike the spotpass paralogue chapters, the other child unit paralogues dont require spotpass or multiple runs. I'm sure if spotpass was meant to be canon, they wouldn't require multiple runs or DLC either.

Then again this is only my view on spotpass.

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

The male Robin that marries Aversa should actually get the female Morgan, not the male Morgan. And plus, the SpotPass content is different than the Trial/Creature Campaign since SpotPass can be used in the story while Trial/Creature Campaign was used after the end of the game.

Haha! Sorry, I meant to write Aversa's *child.

Spotpass is actually saperated from the storyline, I'm sure Chrom and Robin won't go exploring other lands when the end of the world is right in front of them.

Edited by Skylorella Con

15 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

Canon literally mean 'Taking part in the main story line' which none of the spotpass characters do.

Neither does Anna and Donnel. Are they non-canon too?

16 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

I'm sure if spotpass was canon, they wouldn't require multiple runs or DLC either.

They don't. All you need to do to access them is activate them first, then beat Ch.25.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Neither does Anna and Donnel. Are they non-canon too?

They are recruited in the course of the main storyline so they're canon(recruited without trailmaps, spotpass, dlc)

1 hour ago, Skylorella Con said:

They are recruited in the course of the main storyline so they're canon(recruited without trailmaps, spotpass, dlc)

No, they're recruited in paralogues, just like the Spotpass characters. You can completely ignore them and they'll have no bearing on the story. 

The meaning of "Canon" doesn't isn't "main story". The literally meaning is "something genuine within a line of written works". In the way we(We as consumers of entertainment), it basically means characters, places and events that are intended to be just as legitimate as the main story. 

For example, look at Dragon Ball. The story of Bardock and his wife Gine are meant to be canon, as Toriyama himself wrote for them, even though they have nothing to do with the main Dragon Ball story. Garlic Jr, on the other hand, is not canon, even though those who watched Dragon Ball Z saw a storyline with him anatonizing the Z Fighters after the Frieza saga. He was not written by Toriyama, and his place in the timeline doesn't fit. 

So basically, if ONE Paralogue character is canon, really all of them should be, because there's nothing in the game or any other FE that conflicts with them being there. 

Edited by Slumber

11 hours ago, Slumber said:

No, they're recruited in paralogues, just like the Spotpass characters. You can completely ignore them and they'll have no bearing on the story. 

But unlike the spotpass characters they don't require spotpass to assess them.

Also, you must excuse me if I'm wrong as I haven't re-played awakening since it's initial release but I recall Anna and donnel being effected by the war taking place...thus making their temporary inclusion in the story line. Yes, they become irrelevant after that but that's besides the point.

14 hours ago, Slumber said:

For example, look at Dragon Ball. The story of Bardock and his wife Gine are meant to be canon, as Toriyama himself wrote for them, even though they have nothing to do with the main Dragon Ball story. Garlic Jr, on the other hand, is not canon, even though those who watched Dragon Ball Z saw a storyline with him anatonizing the Z Fighters after the Frieza saga. He was not written by Toriyama, and his place in the timeline doesn't fit. 

Regarding anime, everything included by the Mangaka is considered canon be they spin-off or side story, So Toriyama's spin-off about Bardock is canon.

As for Garlic Jr, he's a filler character and was only added by the animators. Fillers are usually considered non-canon by almost every anime fan.

If the bonus contect from other Fe games is considered non-canon (Hector, Lyon etc) then why should Awakening's bonus contect be considered canon regardless of the added detail to them.

Choosing to add detail to these characters is Intellegent Systems prerogative, but that doesn't change those characters in-game storylines.

• 4 weeks later...

I like to think Tellius's flood is the cause of the technology stagnation in Awakening, which puts 9/10 in between 3/12 and 13. The rest should fall in there somewhere too, except 4/5 which come before. And while I'd like to have one complete timeline, I think the "mythical kingdoms" line from the Fates DLC mean all of 14 is just FAKE. ;)

If I can jump in and add my own little headcanon, here's how I've put it together. Obviously, it isn't perfect, in part because it's impossible to mesh everything together perfectly, but it's fun to pretend, eh? Hopefully you guys enjoy reading this as a what if, even if you see obvious holes and mistakes.

1: The Sacred Stones timeline occurs first, as there is no connection between it and any other Fire Emblem save Chrom's mysterious catch-all knowledge.
2: Dragons begin to take more interest in the affairs of men, hoping to protect them should another being similar to Fomortiis arise in the future. In Elibe, their attempts at providing assistance and protection are mistaken for attempts to enslave humanity, and the Scouring begins, with some Dragons fleeing to the relative safety of the then-unruled continent of Archanea. Cue the Golden Age of the Dragons.
3: The Scouring is ended by the Endless Winter. Elibean Dragons are forced to confine their power within Dragonstones, and there are repercussions worldwide for millennia to come.
4: The Kingdom of Nohr, forced into a long drought by the effects of the Endless Winter, begins to attempt trade with the less-affected Hoshido, and is refused. After some time and various events, Fates(any path can be inserted here, this is more of a cameo than anything else) happens. Elsewhere, the alchemist Forneus begins secret experiments with strange insects mutated by the effects of the Endless Winter and is eventually sealed away within Thabes Labyrinth.
5: The conclusion of the Endless Winter causes an increase in the world water level. Magvel, Hoshido, Nohr, and the land surrounding Tellius are permanently flooded. Tellius itself is spared due to its relatively high altitude, but the people attribute it to Yune and Ashera and begin to worship them. The Archanean continents are also spared, in part due to assistance from the Dragon Tribes, and the Archaneans and Valentians subsequently begin to rely on the Dragons for assistance and protection. This is the first establishment of the ancient kingdoms of Rigel and Zofia. The Elibean area also survives, but some of the land is flooded as well, such as the uninhabited western area between Caledonia and Missur. Though much of Elibe's flooded land eventually resurfaces, most of it has been changed drastically, the most notable changes being that much of the land of Missur is now the Nabata desert and that the land of Caledonia is now separated from the rest of Elibe by water. The Dragon Decline also begins at this point, though the Elibean Dragons and Tellius Dragon Laguz were mostly unaffected. Thabes is abandoned, though the reasons for this are lost to the ages.
6: Genealogy of the Holy War occurs. Elsewhere, the first idea for a unified calendar is suggested to Mila, and the Valentian calendar starts.
7: The tale of Anri occurs.
8: SoV Prologue occurs.
9: The War of Shadows occurs.
10: SoV Main Story occurs.
11: Alm and Celica travel to Archanea and inadvertently break the seal on Forneus' workshop, but are successful in sealing Grima away thanks to the Kingsfang Falchion. Blazing Sword also occurs.
12: Mystery of the Emblem occurs.
13: Path of Radiance occurs.
14: Radiant Dawn occurs. Ike leaves Tellius for parts unknown, possibly taking his sister Mist with him, and is never heard of by the people of Tellius again.
15: Binding Blade occurs.
16: Ike arrives in Archanea, and the Unified Kingdom of Archanea is split once more, though it is uncertain if the two events are related.
(Big timeskip)
17: The seal placed on Grima with the Kingsfang Falchion wears off. Grima assaults the recently renamed Valm. Like the BoL Falchion, the Kingsfang has lost power over the years, but without an equivalent of Mount Prism, the last Alm Dynast is unable to perform the Awakening, the population of Valm is mostly destroyed, ending the Alm Dynasty, and the Kingsfang Falchion is lost to the ages. Grima then returns to Archanea, but is resealed by the First Exalt.
18: The Schism occurs. Among other changes, Tiki moves to Valm as part of the effort to repopulate and takes up residence in the Mila Tree, the last surviving remnant of life on the continent. Elsewhere, Yune and Ashera rejoin and become Ashunera once more.
19: Emmeryn, Chrom, and Lissa are born, and the current Exalt begins his crusade against the Grimleal.
20: Awakening occurs.
21: To quote Lucina, "The Future is not written."

Edited by SoulWeaver
Fixed inconsistency

On 12/16/2017 at 3:08 PM, SoulWeaver said:

If I can jump in and add my own little headcanon, here's how I've put it together. Obviously, it isn't perfect, in part because it's impossible to mesh everything together perfectly, but it's fun to pretend, eh? Hopefully you guys enjoy reading this as a what if, even if you see obvious holes and mistakes.

1: The Sacred Stones timeline occurs first, as there is no connection between it and any other Fire Emblem save Chrom's mysterious catch-all knowledge.
2: Dragons begin to take more interest in the affairs of men, hoping to protect them should another being similar to Fomortiis arise in the future. In Elibe, their attempts at providing assistance and protection are mistaken for attempts to enslave humanity, and the Scouring begins, with some Dragons fleeing to the relative safety of the then-unruled continent of Archanea. Cue the Golden Age of the Dragons.
3: The Scouring is ended by the Endless Winter. Elibean Dragons are forced to confine their power within Dragonstones, and there are repercussions worldwide for millennia to come.
4: The Kingdom of Nohr, forced into a long drought by the effects of the Endless Winter, begins to attempt trade with the less-affected Hoshido, and is refused. After some time and various events, Fates(any path can be inserted here, this is more of a cameo than anything else) happens. Elsewhere, the alchemist Forneus begins secret experiments with strange insects mutated by the effects of the Endless Winter and is eventually sealed away within Thabes Labyrinth.
5: The conclusion of the Endless Winter causes an increase in the world water level. Magvel, Hoshido, Nohr, and the land surrounding Tellius are permanently flooded. Tellius itself is spared due to its relatively high altitude, but the people attribute it to Yune and Ashera and begin to worship them. The Archanean continents are also spared, in part due to assistance from the Dragon Tribes, and the Archaneans and Valentians subsequently begin to rely on the Dragons for assistance and protection. This is the first establishment of the ancient kingdoms of Rigel and Zofia. The Elibean area also survives, but some of the land is flooded as well, such as the uninhabited western area between Caledonia and Missur. Though much of Elibe's flooded land eventually resurfaces, most of it has been changed drastically, the most notable changes being that much of the land of Missur is now the Nabata desert and that the land of Caledonia is now separated from the rest of Elibe by water. The Dragon Decline also begins at this point, though the Elibean Dragons and Tellius Dragon Laguz were mostly unaffected. Thabes is abandoned, though the reasons for this are lost to the ages.
6: Genealogy of the Holy War occurs. Elsewhere, the first idea for a unified calendar is suggested to Mila, and the Valentian calendar starts.
7: The tale of Anri occurs.
8: SoV Prologue occurs.
9: The War of Shadows occurs.
10: SoV Main Story occurs.
11: Alm and Celica travel to Archanea and inadvertently break the seal on Forneus' workshop, but are successful in sealing Grima away thanks to the Kingsfang Falchion. Blazing Sword also occurs.
12: Mystery of the Emblem occurs.
13: Path of Radiance occurs.
14: Radiant Dawn occurs. Ike leaves Tellius for parts unknown, possibly taking his sister Mist with him, and is never heard of by the people of Tellius again.
15: Binding Blade occurs.
16: Ike arrives in Archanea, and the Unified Kingdom of Archanea is split once more, though it is uncertain if the two events are related.
(Big timeskip)
17: The seal placed on Grima with the Kingsfang Falchion wears off. Grima assaults the recently renamed Valm. Like the BoL Falchion, the Kingsfang has lost power over the years, but without an equivalent of Mount Prism, the last Alm Dynast is unable to perform the Awakening, the population of Valm is mostly destroyed, ending the Alm Dynasty, and the Kingsfang Falchion is lost to the ages. Grima then returns to Archanea, but is resealed by the First Exalt.
18: The Schism occurs. Among other changes, Tiki moves to Valm as part of the effort to repopulate and takes up residence in the Mila Tree, the last surviving remnant of life on the continent. Elsewhere, Yune and Ashera rejoin and become Ashunera once more.
19: Emmeryn, Chrom, and Lissa are born, and the current Exalt begins his crusade against the Grimleal.
20: Awakening occurs.

I like this more than any timeline I've seen before, except I don't know why Alm's line has to end. Headcannon: Wolf Berg is the reforged Kingsfang Falchion passed down the line for generations :D

On 16/12/2017 at 8:08 PM, SoulWeaver said:

THAT is how you end a timeline.

2 hours ago, Solvaij said:

Headcannon: Wolf Berg is the reforged Kingsfang Falchion passed down the line for generations :D

That'd be cool!

Honestly, on the topic of it, I merely looked at Awakening being the defining conclusion. Trying to link all of them outside of what's spoken by Chrom is genuinely complicated and too farfetched to roll with without breaking things in one way or another.

3 hours ago, Solvaij said:

I like this more than any timeline I've seen before, except I don't know why Alm's line has to end. Headcannon: Wolf Berg is the reforged Kingsfang Falchion passed down the line for generations :D

Never thought about the Wolf Berg being the Kingsfang. Hey, that would explain why Walhart wasn't concerned about the whole Fell Dragon thing too, because he had a Falchion and just needed to perform the Awakening!

Alm's bloodline ending is more of a just me thing - I looked at Alm's SoV ending, which stated that he founded a dynasty that lasted 1000 years, then at the fact that Awakening happens 2000~ years after Shadow Dragon, which happens literally right before SoV, then at the fact that the first Exalt sealed Grima away at exactly the same time the Alm Dynasty supposedly ended, and it just felt right, plus it gave a plausible timeframe for the continent to be renamed Valm while also giving a somewhat plausible reason for why Chrom never even mentions there being a second Falchion.

Glad to hear you liked the whole thing as well, particularly as it took me a full week to figure out, and I still managed to mess up the timing involving Binding Blade and didn't notice until I posted it here. Someone else asked me somewhere if there was a timeline for the whole thing, and I was like "No, but I'll make one" and so did. Freaking Genealogy screwed my first draft over, though, as I completely forgot about the game and had to start over. My biggest issues with it that I'm trying to iron out are explaining how the Endless Winter's conclusion caused the Tellius flood when it's attributed to Ashunera and Fates' place in the timeline, as it feels slightly off yet was the only spot that made any sense while still explaining how Chrom considered Hoshido and Nohr to be myths.

The problem with trying to connect every Fire Emblem is the same problem I have with trying to establish a coherent timeline between all the individual Gundam timelines so please stop trying to Tomino it makes zero sense; it involves cramming together several timelines that were clearly never meant to connect while ignoring the myriad inconsistencies, logical, lore-based or otherwise, that arise with such an idea. Not to mention it requires taking all the little meta shout-outs in Awakening super-seriously, even though it makes no logical sense for Chrom to know as much as he does even with a cohesive timeline.

The name of the great calamity during the Scouring was the "Ending Winter," not the "Endless Winter," and it wasn't a literal winter. Instead it drained the magical energy out of Elibe, leaving dragons unable to maintain their true forms and instead forcing them to become manaketes, and caused a bunch of unnatural phenomenon like snow in winter or stars showing in the sky during daytime. It also didn't end the Scouring, which didn't happen until humanity stormed and sealed away the Dragon Temple.

5: The conclusion of the Endless Winter causes an increase in the world water level. Magvel, Hoshido, Nohr, and the land surrounding Tellius are permanently flooded. Tellius itself is spared due to its relatively high altitude, but the people attribute it to Yune and Ashera and begin to worship them.

Aside from the Ending Winter not working that way, this completely contradicts Tellius's lore. Ashunera was already worshiped as a goddess (because she is an actual straight-up goddess) before she went mad and flooded the world, and we have at least four eyewitnesses (Sephiran, Dheginsea, and the two halves of the goddess) to her going mad and trying to flood the world.

9 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

Aside from the Ending Winter not working that way, this completely contradicts Tellius's lore. Ashunera was already worshiped as a goddess (because she is an actual straight-up goddess) before she went mad and flooded the world, and we have at least four eyewitnesses (Sephiran, Dheginsea, and the two halves of the goddess) to her going mad and trying to flood the world.

Two things that I mentioned...

On December 16, 2017 at 1:08 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Obviously, it isn't perfect, in part because it's impossible to mesh everything together perfectly, but it's fun to pretend, eh? Hopefully you guys enjoy reading this as a what if, even if you see obvious holes and mistakes.

12 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

My biggest issues with it that I'm trying to iron out are explaining how the Endless Winter's conclusion caused the Tellius flood when it's attributed to Ashunera and Fates' place in the timeline, as it feels slightly off yet was the only spot that made any sense while still explaining how Chrom considered Hoshido and Nohr to be myths.

I know it's impossible, but it's always nice to think of how it could have been. I do have to concede the Winter thing, though - guess I misread it when I first saw it mentioned, haha.
Though you've gotta admit permanent flooding of both countries is about what Fates' writing deserved.

I am curious, though, as to what you guys think of

Obviously this is the most speculative point on this quite speculative list, seeing as how it's never been confirmed where Ike goes to when he leaves Tellius, or if Mist goes with him. The main reason I mentioned Mist going with him being a possibility is of course because Priam - literally everyone I've ever heard talk about Priam in any degree of seriousness agrees that there's no way Ike would get married and have kids, meaning Mist is the only other option for Priam to remain a descendant of the Radiant Hero. If you guys are of the "Priam's a Spotpass character and is therefore less than the data he is made of" camp, I'd prefer you not sit here and repeat ALL the reasons why people have said this is ridiculous, just say no, you don't think that sounds right.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Seeing as how it's never been confirmed where Ike goes to when he leaves Tellius, or if Mist goes with him.

Ike goes beyond Hatari. During Rd Hatari was said to be a newly discovered place beyond the deserts of Nevassa, which was unknown to Tellius at that point because traveling that Desert was not quite possible.

Ike's ending specifically says 'To lands unknown'....it's common sense what it implied. Ike can not just travel dimensions. 

Can we all just agree on how Tellius and awakening can never be connected without butchering whatever Tellius stood for??

Edited by Skylorella Con

4 hours ago, Skylorella Con said:

Ike goes beyond Hatari. During Rd Hatari was said to be a newly discovered place beyond the deserts of Nevassa, which was unknown to Tellius at that point because traveling that Desert was not quite possible.

Ike's ending specifically says 'To lands unknown'....it's common sense what it implied. Ike can not just travel dimensions. 

Can we all just agree on how Tellius and awakening can never be connected without butchering whatever Tellius stood for??

…once more...

Seeing as how the whole concept of this Thread is that dimension travel isn't involved at all - even if we're just looking at alternates to the actual worlds - I'm sort of confused as to how saying Ike can't dimension travel is relevant.

Also, you're actually talking to someone who hasn't played PoR or RD(yet, I'm working on finding a reliable rom because screw ebay prices), so the whatever Tellius stood for argument went right by me without my really noticing. 

I'll finish this tomorrow, I have to go quick.