Small Writing Contest

Bhoop

Hello. My name is Bhoop. Before I get into the details of this, let me tell you about myself.

I am not a very active member of the FE community, I am in college, sexually identify as male, and am working on a small romhack which may or may not become public in the future.

So while completing a project assigned by one of my professors, I was thinking about the leaks of FE Switch, and the joint video Lucky Crit made with Mangs about the leaks. I had recently watched that video (this was about 1-2 weeks ago, can't really remember) and was thinking about how the storyline of FE switch might go. I was thinking about how I would write it, and honestly, I kind of forgot what I thought of, but that's not the point.

What I am proposing is that (if you want to) anyone can pm me their ideas on a FE storyline (it doesn't have to be about FE switch or anything like that, it can simply be a new idea.) and then I post downloadable word documents (with credit to authors) or a google doc about this. Then I will make a poll (I haven't figured that out yet to be truthful), and we can vote on what we think is the best FE story idea.

Some ground rules which I believe are necessary:

PROTAGANIST SIDE:

--- at least 1 main character, up to a maximum of three. I find this to be somewhat the sweet spot for the "lords" of the story. Fates tried to include basically nine main characters (Xander, Leo, Camilla, Elise, Ryoma, Sakura, Hinoka, Takumi, and Corrin) and I find this to be really tedious to include them all. I understand what Nintendo/Intelligent Systems was trying to do with this, but I feel as if it took away from Corrin's character development---if they had planned for Corrin to be developed at all) ALSO, each one must have a different personality, with their own unique flaws.

---  A"Jagen" Archetype character. Someone clearly more experienced than that or the 1-3 main characters and the rest of the party.

--- 1 or 2 "best friend" archetypes, like Merric to Marth, Tana to Eirika, Wolt to Roy, etc. Note: 1 or 2 in total, not for each main character.

ANATAGONIST SIDE:

--- one counterpart for every main protagonist, whether it be a "Camus", "Black Knight", "Ashnard/Zephiel" archetype. (may include more examples later, too tired to think at 3 am in the morning)

--- A dutiful, loyal soldier with a personality, one for each antagonist. They can be generic, though I recommend something other than a generic personality. 
--- A complete bastard douchebag who will stop at nothing to beat the protaganists. 

WORLD BUILDING:

---- No world map required, BUT overall location required (IE, Gallia is full of forest (FE9 and FE10), so if I wanted to use Gallia, I could say of hey, this country is full of forest, and between this snowy section and this desert section.)

---- At least FOUR known kingdoms, though not all have to be part of the main storyline. Note: 1 of these kingdoms can be replaced with something like Carcino from FE8.

---- History of the world must be set, at least 300-1000 years of History before your story begins.

---- Gods/Goddesses: at least one.

---- Each Kingdom/country must have a unique signature theme to it (IE, Ostia from FE6/FE7 was armor knights, Bern had Wyvern Riders) NOTE: this does not limit you to unit classes.

STORYLINE:

---- War must sparked through some way shape or form between at least two countries.

---- The protagonists must start with almost nothing in terms of military strength, gold, etc.

Yeah, I think that's about it for now. I may change some of this or add stuff later. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I'll try to respond as soon as I can. 

NOTE: Go all out with this. I will proof read each submission before posting it. IF I find half-hearted work or something that doesn't make sense, I will try and work it out with the author, but most likely I will disqualify that piece from the contest. I do not want to waste everyone's time with something that they will most likely down vote.

Thank you for your time. I'm not really sure when the deadline for the submissions will be, but I am looking towards late December, after Christmas.

Not saying you should enter. It is entirely optional. I just thought it'd be fun to see what other people to come up with. I do have my own ideas, but they are essentially all the same once I think about it ...  

@eclipse, @Purple Mage

Edited by Bhoop

6 hours ago, Bhoop said:

Not saying you should enter. It is entirely optional. I just thought it'd be fun to see what other people to come up with. I do have my own ideas, but they are essentially all the same once I think about it ...  

@eclipse, @Purple Mage

I don't think you get it.

Written Works is about expressing your own creativity, not recruiting people for your fanfic idea.  If the first post is what you want, write it out!  Others can critique your work, and you can improve on it.  It's the best way to turn a nebulous idea into various stories.