Fire emblem Collection?

Dinar87

A fire emblem collection  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy something that'd let you easily play the likes of Path of Radiance or Binding Blade, on the switch for a very cheap price?

• Yes!!
    • Nope.

So since characters like Ike, Roy and Lyn are very popular in the fandom, yet the risk of making more remakes at this point in time (instead of a brand new fire emblem for switch) is so high, why not do a compromise? Essentially a little downloadable game that includes pretty much every fire emblem game to date apart from the ds and 3ds ones.

I think this would be a good way to test the waters of how commercially popular games for veteran fans actually could be, since echoes (along with metroid samus returns sometime afterwards) was released near the end of the 3ds' lifespan and so sold relatively poorly compared to awakening and fates (and so did Metroid as well). However, this could be due to the time they both released on the 3ds and might've given a more accurate reading if released a few years earlier.

A collection of sorts for the hot and trendy Nintendo Switch might probably do a lot better simply because it'd not be on a dying console. Though I'm unaware of the sales for Ultra Sun & Moon so if I find out it's sold about the same as any other pokemon, while Fire emblem and Metroid didn't for their respective series in terms of sales, then this "collection" actually might be a bad idea. Moving on...

Plenty of people I know have been wanting either remasters of older games like the Tellius series (Ike's games), official translated versions of games like Binding Blade (Roy's game) or even remakes of the other classics like Tharcia 776! While this wouldn't accomplish what a full blown remake would do for sales or popularity, I think it'd be a nice and cheap way to satisfy fans until team B decides to hopefully remake another fire emblem game.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Dinar87

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

Who wouldn't?

Is that so? I thought that those who wanted something like this were a minority, too small of an audience to cater to compared to the newer fans who're more into awakening and fates. That fact that this isn't the case as I previously thought, pleases me greatly :D:

20 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Who wouldn't?

As someone who has access to PoR and RD and has no interest in playing anything before PoR, what reason would I have for getting this?

20 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

I think it'd be a nice and cheap way to satisfy fans until team B decides to hopefully remake another fire emblem game.

If they made a FE collection, there's no way that it would retail for anything less than $60 (or equivalent), especially if they include the Tellius saga.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I'm in love with the Switch, so I'd probably buy anything for it that has Fire Emblem in the title. That having been said, I hope Fire Emblem games get released on virtual console so that everybody has cheap, easy access. I feel like the only games that deserve the compilation treatment would be an HD remaster of Path of Radiance and Radiant dawn with the transfer data mechanic intact and all of PoR's gba link cable content pre-unlocked. I'd pay 60 dollars for that. I also want them to translate and give us FE12 alongside 11. 

29 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

No. I don't care for almost everything before Blazing Blade, and I very seriously doubt it'd be cheap, too.

Can someone explain to me why this would be the case, that a collection would cost so much?

While at the end of the day I'm sure FE switch will be a blast to play (hell I even warmed up to fates eventually despite me not liking it much at first) so I'm not worried about not having fun with the franchise in the future...however, considering I REALLY like Ike's games and I wish more people had better official access to them, I think it'd be a fantastic idea to at the very least make a Tellius collection, but only if the main idea couldn't be done since I imagine there's more fans than just me who want their favorite lords to get some attention beyond just fire emblem heroes.