A Fire Emblem 7(Maybe 8) Hack Project

Asroth

First, If my english is bad in some points, I ask you guys to forgive me. I am brazilian and some semantical things just doesn't make sense to me. 

After playing some greater hacks here, I started to think about creating my own. However, looks like this isn't easy '-'. 

I have a story writen, dialogues, quotes and some music ideas. However, I am a completely negation in scripting '-'.

I will post here a single parte of the beggining(You could call this a prologue if you want). 

"On the continent of Laskia, loved by the gods above, humanity has received word of a huge invasion of demons from the norty peninsula of Nurevain. Knowing that, the humans appeled to God, who bestowed the leaders of the nine great families in the land, "The Nine Branches" with sacred wapons of great power, that can only be wield by someone related in blood. (Much like FE4 Holy Weapons)

With the defeat of the demons, peace has returned. But... Sin has corrupted the Herat family, who used the powers of his sacred weapon to conquer the other Branches. After one thousand years of Herat domain, a family from Nurevain has taken over the throne in a huge war. However, the other Branches didn't liked strangers to rule them, and so, the Blackwell family, ancient vassal of the Herat, conquered the capital Denyathos, killing the king.

In the battle, the princess of Elunidar managed to escape the war in the capital, with the help of his knights Arthur and Gart. They all rushed to the west, looking help with the Raiser family.

Why has the Blackwell attacked?

Why the other Branches didn't help father?

These questions filled the princess mind in every step she takes out of her homeland..." 

You're right, creating hacks is not an easy process.

However, we see new concepts frequently. And these concepts rarely go anywhere. It's all well and good to have a story. Most of us have this grand story in our heads. However, few people manage to release a patch, and there are a grand total of three completed fully custom romhacks among the English speaking community. There are many resources you can read on this website to get a feel for how everything works. There's several methods to make a hack as well.

Nightmare and Feditor have the lowest learning curve, but the ceiling is also low and they don't work very well. They've also been around for ages, so there's lots of documentation; most tutorials still teach this outdated method.
FEBuilder is somewhat of an all-in-one program. However, the translation can be funny at times and there is not much documentation for it.
I personally subscribe to the Event Assembler buildfile method. It has by far the highest learning curve and there are once again few tutorials, but you don't have to keep track of where everything is going. This is more of benefit for the more thorough hacks.

Which method you choose is up to you. Be aware that mindlessly asking for help won't get you anywhere. If we know you're making an effort, we will help you. But most of all, good luck and have fun.

10 minutes ago, Darrman said:

You're right, creating hacks is not an easy process.

However, we see new concepts frequently. And these concepts rarely go anywhere. It's all well and good to have a story. Most of us have this grand story in our heads. However, few people manage to release a patch, and there are a grand total of three completed fully custom romhacks among the English speaking community. There are many resources you can read on this website to get a feel for how everything works. There's several methods to make a hack as well.

Nightmare and Feditor have the lowest learning curve, but the ceiling is also low and they don't work very well. They've also been around for ages, so there's lots of documentation; most tutorials still teach this outdated method.
FEBuilder is somewhat of an all-in-one program. However, the translation can be funny at times and there is not much documentation for it.
I personally subscribe to the Event Assembler buildfile method. It has by far the highest learning curve and there are once again few tutorials, but you don't have to keep track of where everything is going. This is more of benefit for the more thorough hacks.

Which method you choose is up to you. Be aware that mindlessly asking for help won't get you anywhere. If we know you're making an effort, we will help you. But most of all, good luck and have fun.

Oh, thanks for the tip. I will look foward to acomplish it. Maybe with some time and good tutorials, I can finish it. Thanks!