Sellng my treasured belongings* to adopt a kitty

VincentASM

* Sorry, I'm just exaggerating a little.

I really didn't want to do have to do this, but the odds aren't looking good for me. Basically there's just under a week left on the Halloween banner and I have not been fortunate enough to pull my most wanted character, kitty Sakura.

When the banner started, I had exactly 0 orbs because of poor self-restraint and lack of foresight. Fast forward to now and my orb balance isn't much higher than that. While my luck hasn't been truly abysmal (I do have Jakob and Henry, yay), I'm not holding out much hope.

Of course, I am currently trying to blitz through the Tempest Trials for additional orbs. But it's a huge gamble with so few days remaining.

That's why I've decided to try and pawn off some of the more valuable items I've been keeping, but don't have any use for. If anybody is interested, of course.

Note: I ship from the UK (Europe) and can ship internationally, but it may be expensive for medium/large items (around the region of 26 USD).

Here's what I'm selling:

1. Club Nintendo Luigi's Mansion 2 Diorama. Unopened.

2. Fire Emblem (GBA), European version (region-free). Used, but comes with box and manual. Save seems to work fine.

3. Pokemon Omega Ruby European fan edition box and steelbox without game and game box.

4. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire European version (region locked) with 20 event Pokemon, including all 20th anniversary mythical Pokemon. File is French. (If you don't want the Pokemon, let me know.)

(More may be added.)

You can find pictures here.

For pricing, please tell me what you're comfortable with. With the exception of the steelbook, I am looking for over 40 USD for each.

Any questions or concerns, feel free to let me know.

FAQs

1. How can I pay you? --Preferably via PayPal, but maybe Google Play credit?

2. When will the items be shipped? --As soon possible if price + shipping has been agreed on by both parties.

3. What if you summon kitty Sakura while this topic is active? --I guess I'll use the money to hunt for merges? I do also need to pre-order the Sakura nendoroid still...

4. Are the event Pokemon legit? --Yes, I obtained them myself while the events were active. Full disclosure, I have backed up this save file, but I will delete all back ups after the sale. (The backups are just for safe keeping. I already have all these Pokemon on Omega Ruby.)

5. Who does the Fire Emblem save file belong to? --My sister.

6. Do you accept donations? --I would strongly prefer not to. If you don't want any of these items, I can try thinking of something.

Edited by VincentASM

Don't do this, really.

You're selling things that are important to you just so you can gamble to MAYBE summon Sakura. Not only will you likely end up with nothing, but once Heroes eventually loses support in however many years and the servers go down, you won't have Sakura anymore, should you get her, and you won't have your valuables.

Just keep your stuff, it's for the best.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Basically there's just under a week left on the Halloween banner and I have not been fortunate enough to pull my most wanted character, kitty Sakura.

I am not here to insult you or anything but sheesh dude it's just a game LOL

You got Henry and Jakob, other characters people probably spent money themselves for. I agree with gebby,

7 minutes ago, Gebby said:

Don't do this, really.

I appreciate the concern and I am aware of what you're both saying ^^

That said, I would feel happy spending money on the game. It's just that my budget is extremely thin right now, so I haven't had the chance to do so.

Also, I should've been more clear, but was exaggerating about the items being important (it was meant to be a click-bait parody title). I am actually also looking to make space, since I don't have a lot of space right now.

Edited by VincentASM

9 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I appreciate the concern and I am aware of what you're both saying ^^

That said, I would feel happy spending money on the game. It's just that my budget is extremely thin right now, so I haven't had the chance to do so.

Also, I should've been more clear, but was exaggerating about the items being important (it was meant to be a click-bait parody title). I am actually also looking to make space, since I don't have a lot of space right now.

Oh. Just when I tried to be helpful for once, too.

Well, the point about the servers still stands as a reason why Heroes, and any gacha game, really, is a very horrendous waste of money, but if that's what you want to do, I suppose I can't stop you. Good luck with summoning Sakura.

1 minute ago, Gebby said:

Oh. Just when I tried to be helpful for once, too.

Well, the point about the servers still stands as a reason why Heroes, and any gacha game, really, is a very horrendous waste of money, but if that's what you want to do, I suppose I can't stop you. Good luck with summoning Sakura.

Sorry about that! I do think it's wise to warn users though and I will take your warning to heart. It's why I haven't spent excess money on the game so far.

Thanks, I think I'll need all the help I can get XD

Ah, are you French?  I didn't know.  I wonder if my decades old High School French would get me through there.

As long as you spend within your means, don't feel bad about spending money on the game.  Everything will be dust in a thousand years anyway, might as well enjoy what you can.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Ah, are you French?  I didn't know.  I wonder if my decades old High School French would get me through there.

As long as you spend within your means, don't feel bad about spending money on the game.  Everything will be dust in a thousand years anyway, might as well enjoy what you can.

Nah, I'm British! If you're wondering about the French Pokemon file, it's because I originally redeemed a Rayquaza event from France. So I set the in-game language to match.

By the way if you--or anybody--is interested in the Pokemon game, you can trade the Pokemon to Bank or another game, then delete it and start a new file in the language you want.

Also, I may have an offer for Blazing Sword. Oh yeah, a bit of background information for this one. I bought two copies of Blazing Sword to try the Link Arena and also for my sister to play. But she doesn't play anymore and the Link Arena is pretty dull XD

The main reason I like Fire Emblem Heroes is that paying is not necessary to enjoy the game. In fact, I never feel pushed to do it. I am also pretty lucky with my summons; the character I wanted with a limited time I wanted most was Witch Nowi, and I was successful within a week or two.

9 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Nah, I'm British! If you're wondering about the French Pokemon file, it's because I originally redeemed a Rayquaza event from France. So I set the in-game language to match.

By the way if you--or anybody--is interested in the Pokemon game, you can trade the Pokemon to Bank or another game, then delete it and start a new file in the language you want.

Also, I may have an offer for Blazing Sword. Oh yeah, a bit of background information for this one. I bought two copies of Blazing Sword to try the Link Arena and also for my sister to play. But she doesn't play anymore and the Link Arena is pretty dull XD

Ah, I thought you were British, but the French caught me off guard.

I would be interested possibly in the event Pokes, but my 3DS is American, so I would have to do some convoluted mass trade with someone with a European 3DS, if I were to go that route.

I feel your pain. I am stretched thin myself, although not to the point of selling things yet. Part of me wants to give up spending money on Heroes and move on to other less expensive hobbies. I bought Fire Emblem Warriors, but I do not have a Switch yet since I am not sure if I really want to put my money in Heroes or the Switch.

15 minutes ago, Technoweirdo said:

Time to re-roll. Best time because both Sakuras are up.

Don't have $40USD + shipping to Canada to spare, but I wish you the best of luck. And hey, it that's not enough, there's always next Halloween, maybe even this Christmas with a Hoshidan Winter.

Ahaha, it's tempting, but I couldn't say goodbye to my Day 1 account.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't doubt they'll repeat the event. I mean, they already brought back some spring and bridal characters for the Legendary Summoning Focus.

Oh man, I would actually be freaked out if they did another seasonal Sakura so early.

2 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

The main reason I like Fire Emblem Heroes is that paying is not necessary to enjoy the game. In fact, I never feel pushed to do it. I am also pretty lucky with my summons; the character I wanted with a limited time I wanted most was Witch Nowi, and I was successful within a week or two.

Yeah, that's a good feeling. I wouldn't say kitty Sakura is necessary for my enjoyment of the game and I could probably survive without her. But it's just painful since she was the character I was most looking forward to.

I am also a huge cat fan by the way *____*

Ah, I thought you were British, but the French caught me off guard.

I would be interested possibly in the event Pokes, but my 3DS is American, so I would have to do some convoluted mass trade with someone with a European 3DS, if I were to go that route.

Yeah the region-lock is a bit annoying. Actually, if you just wanted the event Pokemon, I could receive them from the deliveryman and trade them directly to you. It would take a while to trade 20 Pokemon, but quicker than mailing the cartridge over : P

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Ahaha, it's tempting, but I couldn't say goodbye to my Day 1 account.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't doubt they'll repeat the event. I mean, they already brought back some spring and bridal characters for the Legendary Summoning Focus.

Oh man, I would actually be freaked out if they did another seasonal Sakura so early.

Yeah, that's a good feeling. I wouldn't say kitty Sakura is necessary for my enjoyment of the game and I could probably survive without her. But it's just painful since she was the character I was most looking forward to.

I am also a huge cat fan by the way *____*

Yeah the region-lock is a bit annoying. Actually, if you just wanted the event Pokemon, I could receive them from the deliveryman and trade them directly to you. It would take a while to trade 20 Pokemon, but quicker than mailing the cartridge over : P

I will discuss it with my mate, but if get an offer, don't hold it on my account.

How soon do you need an answer?

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

I feel your pain. I am stretched thin myself, although not to the point of selling things yet. Part of me wants to give up spending money on Heroes and move on to other less expensive hobbies. I bought Fire Emblem Warriors, but I do not have a Switch yet since I am not sure if I really want to put my money in Heroes or the Switch.

That's the only bad thing about so many Fire Emblem games out right now XD

By the way, there will be a mainline Fire Emblem game on the Switch soon, plus many other amazing Nintendo games out now (eg. Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey) or coming later (eg. Xenoblade Chronicles 2). Of course, I do know the Switch is very expensive since it's a console.

I will discuss it with my mate, but if get an offer, don't hold it on my account.

How soon do you need an answer?

Sure, that's fine. I'm still fishing around for offers at this time ^^

Ideally before Saturday, but anytime before the summoning focus is over.

Damn..I wish I could've bought your GBA Fire Emblem!

But seriously though, Why do you intend to sell your personal stuff instead of doing something like....part time job or something? I know its getting personal and you probably have life issues but the way you say this makes it sound like you're addicted to the orbs. I'd rather you treasure your personal stuff and just wait till december or something. You'll end up being happy that you didn't decide to sell so.

I mean, this is a gacha game. What makes you certain you'll get the Sakura kitten unless I'm missing something here? Mind you, I'm not that much into Heroes so I'm not certain what changes they do constantly. Just a friendly warning that its not worth doing it in the long run.

31 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Damn..I wish I could've bought your GBA Fire Emblem!

But seriously though, Why do you intend to sell your personal stuff instead of doing something like....part time job or something? I know its getting personal and you probably have life issues but the way you say this makes it sound like you're addicted to the orbs. I'd rather you treasure your personal stuff and just wait till december or something. You'll end up being happy that you didn't decide to sell so.

I mean, this is a gacha game. What makes you certain you'll get the Sakura kitten unless I'm missing something here? Mind you, I'm not that much into Heroes so I'm not certain what changes they do constantly. Just a friendly warning that its not worth doing it in the long run.

Well, the GBA Fire Emblem is technically still available. But somebody is eyeing it for 60 USD.

Oops, I hope it didn't sound like that! Nah, don't worry, I'm not addicted or I would've blown my life savings on the game or something : P

The stuff I'm selling I'm not attached to and I actually need to get rid of. The topic title is just an attention grab, I'm sorry ^^;;;

Also, I totally understand there's a very good chance I'll not get the character I want. I mean, I've already been trying for 3 weeks to no avail. It's all about buying additional chances.

I do have a part-time job, but I have bills to pay. It would be nice if I had a better paying job, but one step at a time...

28 minutes ago, Elieson said:

BOSS HOW COULD YOU!?!

I need my kitty : 3

30 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

do have a part-time job, but I have bills to pay. It would be nice if I had a better paying job, but one step at a time...

Have you considered doing hobbies that can do a career for you like youtube? Its not reliable but considering that is what Mangs does the most and gets cash out of it....

Again. I am not sure if this is the right way yet. Why not just wait till graduation or something and get a full time job? By the time that happens, you will get things that will be wayyy valuable than kitty Sakura...just saying.

Also, have you tried using ebay or amazon yet? Some say that estarland gives you a good sum for selling game related stuff.

25 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

So the first thing I see when I visit this forum is... Vincent selling his belongings so he can whale for a gacha waifu...

Hey, I aim to please : P

21 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Vincent are you sure this is a good idea?

Well, I've been dwelling on this since the banner started and while I can't say it's an amazing idea, it's an idea I'm happy with.

The things I'm selling I don't need and I'd much rather have the space.

Finally, while kitty Sakura is probably gonna be repeated eventually, I'd rather try and get her now, rather than later.

3 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Have you considered doing hobbies that can do a career for you like youtube? Its not reliable but considering that is what Mangs does the most and gets cash out of it....

Again. I am not sure if this is the right way yet. Why not just wait till graduation or something and get a full time job? By the time that happens, you will get things that will be wayyy valuable than kitty Sakura...just saying.

Also, have you tried using ebay or amazon yet? Some say that estarland gives you a good sum for selling game related stuff.

Well, I do have some plans, but it's really tough to get the job I want. This year, I've been doing a lot of work as a brand ambassador and currently I am slaving away writing a guide.

I also graduated nearly a decade ago, by the way ^^;;

I have tried eBay, but it's very hit and miss. I did sell some unwanted games a few years ago, but most of them barely broke even. Recently I sold my Pokemon cards as well, but then I got hit with some unexpected bills and a hefty fine (although not as bad as shadowofchaos's), so most of that is gone.

10 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Hey, I aim to please : P

This is actually kinda worrying, you know.

Even if you've already come up with excuses to get rid of your things -- you don't need them, you could use the extra room, etc. -- you're still selling your stuff so you have another chance to gamble for a waifu.

Though of course, you're an adult and, as such, you can do whatever you want with your life.

56 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

This is actually kinda worrying, you know.

Even if you've already come up with excuses to get rid of your things -- you don't need them, you could use the extra room, etc. -- you're still selling your stuff so you have another chance to gamble for a waifu.

Though of course, you're an adult and, as such, you can do whatever you want with your life.

Sorry, by jesting, I was trying to look on the bright side of things.

When you put it that way, I admit I've mishandled the situation a little. Would it be better if I was already planning to sell these things anyway?

True, I don't really enjoy gambling (and I'm under no illusion that I'll actually get what I want), but I'd be happy to support the developers. If we're talking about immaterial goods, I don't think it's that much different to, say, DLC.

I suppose it sounds desperate, but it seemed like the best option at the time, making use of what resources I had.

The sad thing is Vincent will probably pull Sakura first after selling his stuff or won't pull her at all. Good luck my friend, I've given up on paying for irbs after I realized how much I wasted to get s Corrin and s Tiki.

I'm interested in buying that copy of Blazing Sword off of you for $30 usd

Or I could just give you $25 if you make me a mod!!! lol