How to Calculate Arena Score! (NOW UPDATED WITH ARENA MATCHMAKING CHANGES + CALC SITE [READ THE OP OR ELSE])

Arcanite

Arena Things Because Why Not  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you run Nino in your arena core?

• Yes, because I understand the power of the force
    • No, because I have yet to see the light
    • I don't have Nino :/
    • I alternate every season depending on bonus units and stuff
  2. 2. 4 star +10 units. Opinions?

• I disapprove, they are for F2P weaklings who can't promote to 5 star+10. The fools.
    • I approve, who in the ACTUAL fluff, REALLY has the time and resources to promote the same unit to 5 star 11 times? (Could be less though)
    • I am indifferent
  3. 3. What do you have to say to Reinhardt?

• "Magic is indeed everything"
    • "I enjoy torturing you with Fae and the like"
    • "When will you come home? ;-;"
    • "Meh, you're totally overrated, tbh"
  4. 4. What do you have to say to Brave Lyn

• "FRICK, IT'S THE ENEMY!"
    • "Is there ANYONE who can truly counter you?"
    • "I laugh in pity at the fools who decided not to pick you for free"
    • "I WANT to say you're overrated, but I fear the backlash I may receive from the people who have no skill and can't beat you in an arena match"
  5. 5. Isn't Nino the bEst of the bEst?

• Doing my bEst!
    • I CANT READ
    • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    • She is the best lord in the series, tbh

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Wow my thread got moved

I feel so special

And pinned too. That is a double Special. Brave-Moonbow-Bold Fighter!

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

And pinned too. That is a double Special. Brave-Moonbow-Bold Fighter!

If it were pinned, it'd be at the very top of the forum thread list due to most recent activity and not just at the top of the unpinned threads.

Moved but not pinned 

End me

In other news:

This doesn't have to do with scoring in particular, this just reflects the change in matchmaking...

IF I AM READING THIS CORRECTLY:

So technically, the formula for your actual def score (or base score) never changed, but the matchups did. The score calc took your score and multiplied it by 2 to give you your advanced arena score range.

SO the old matchmaking formula took that score (let's use 350 as an example), and added 1 - 9 based on highest def team member vs highest offense team member (this is used as the base for your score range) 

The second part changed anywhere between -3 through +18 in score (which is your ceiling) which uses the 3 def units vs the 3 offense units

Once you find a team with that criteria then you have your match :D (there's another part that basically tells you what happens when nothing fits that criteria with your team but it's in the reddit post so)

The update made it so that the first part is -2 through +5

I'm preeeeeeetty sure that's how it works

Either way you can read if for yourself and if I'm wrong then that sucks I guess I don't always know or understand how these things work

Edited by Arcanite

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

If it were pinned, it'd be at the very top of the forum thread list due to most recent activity and not just at the top of the unpinned threads.

Ah. I thought it was pinned because it was near the top. Did not notice it lacked the icon. One Special activation is still better than no Special activation though!

29 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't always know or understand how these things work

At least you have an idea of what is going on. I am still pretty confused after reading it a few times. I think I will reread it tomorrow when I am not brain dead tired.

Edited by XRay

Sorry, I have a terrible habit of multi-tasking and forgetting important details ^^;;;

Anyway, I'll need to use the calculator to figure out how to propel myself back into Tier 20. A couple of months ago, I sneaked in every other season, but now I can't break past Tier 19 anymore. I'm assuming my merge counts are falling behind, which makes sense since I prefer to 5* unique heroes, rather than work on my arena core.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Sorry, I have a terrible habit of multi-tasking and forgetting important details ^^;;;

Anyway, I'll need to use the calculator to figure out how to propel myself back into Tier 20. A couple of months ago, I sneaked in every other season, but now I can't break past Tier 19 anymore. I'm assuming my merge counts are falling behind, which makes sense since I prefer to 5* unique heroes, rather than work on my arena core.

Merging 3/4 star available units is the most efficient way, it's also worth noting Effie and Nowi are both solid units available since day one that are both 4/5 star and are still relevant today

I run Nino Nowi and Olivia on my team, personally

@VincentASM Merges are arguably the most useful permanent boosts to scoring.

• The threshold to reach T20 is significantly lower than maintaining it, but even still, it's possible to stay there with even the lowest BSTs possible. 
  • Maintaining T20 earns you an average of 500 feathers a week, or 20,000 feathers over 40 weeks. Might not be something to fret over.
  • Picking a core team of 3 or 4 units (particularly within the 3-4* and 4-5* pools) is a great way to go. Consider that feathers you spend now on promoting these units may mean more feathers sooner down the road due to ranking higher now than later.
  • You can use literally any group of units to pull this off, regardless of their BSTs, weapon type, etc. Using armored units, trainees, etc may help your score cross thresholds sooner, but it's certainly not a requirement. You might not like or have some of the high BST units, anyway.
  • Even 4*+10 units can be used to consistently bounce between T19 and T20. This can be extremely feather efficient, especially if you're not super into investing in that particular character. I've had no problem doing this with units like Cecilia (who has horrible BSTs at 4*) who also are extremely useful in the actual battles. A 4*+10 unit has the stats of a 5*+5 unit (barring certain variables) and scores slightly less when equipped with the same skills.
  • Certain skills, like the Growing/Blazing specials or double rallies, can be used to boost your score but are likely going to make fights harder. If you find that you're not near a rank threshold, try using more practical skills that score less and save yourself the trouble, since the score difference won't matter.

Could it be 4* merges lost value in sense of arena scoring? I'm running two 4*+10 units in my AA starter team and my scores dropped by 20 (from 5022), while everybody else seems to have lost less with the new formula. 

Edited by mampfoid

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Could it be 4* merges lost value in sense of arena scoring? I'm running two 4*+10 units in my AA starter team and my scores dropped by 20 (from 5022), while everybody else seems to have lost less with the new formula. 

Units that don't score as much as your highest unit need to be caught up, basically

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Units that don't score as much as your highest unit need to be caught up, basically

Ok I have currently these:

BH!Roy 714 (5* +5, Blazing Durandal, LnD3, Desperation 3, Drive SPD 2, Reposition, Galeforce, Brash Assault 3 Seal)

Cherche 716 (4* +10, Brave+, Death Blow 3, Axebreaker 3, Goad Fliers, Reposition, Galeforce, Hardy Bearing 3 Seal)

Cordelia 720 (5* +6, Slaying+SPD, Fury 3, Desperation 3, ATK Tactic 3, Reposition, Galeforce, Heavy Blade 3 Seal)

Olivia 702 (4* +10, Rubin+, Fury3, WoM3, Hone ATK 3, Dance, Moonbow, Hone SPD 3 Seal)

Calculated by the old formula. Olivia is a little behind, but that wasn't a big problem before the change? 

• 2 weeks later...