Awakening & Zelda OoT3DS Double Pack

Jedi

So FE Awakening and OoT 3DS are getting re-released together in a double pack, this is only going to be in Japan thus far, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it come west side either.

didnt some updates to the 3DS essentially make orcarina of time run like crap? I worry if that is going to be a scam for a version that doesnt work properly anymore.

3 hours ago, Thany said:

didnt some updates to the 3DS essentially make orcarina of time run like crap? I worry if that is going to be a scam for a version that doesnt work properly anymore.

This is a big example of people grossly overexaggerating the issues with the performance of the game.  Yes 11.3 for the 3DS update did indeed affect the performance but most of it only affected the shiekah stone hint system and maybe one or two areas which majority of people won't ever notice or experience much to begin with.

Edited by kingddd

7 hours ago, dmurr said:

Woah! This is awesome.

I mean even if it came to the States, I have both games anyway, but I like the fact that they're doing this.

Makes me wonder if Zelda & FE will have some kind of cross promotion coming up with FE Switch or something.

6 hours ago, kingddd said:

This is a big example of people grossly overexaggerating the issues with the performance of the game.  Yes 11.3 for the 3DS update did indeed affect the performance but most of it only affected the shiekah stone hint system and maybe one or two areas which majority of people won't ever notice or experience much to begin with.

I mostly asked since I didnt have the game anymore, and I saw a video of the effect the update did. So I assumed it was throughout the game.

35 minutes ago, Thany said:

I mostly asked since I didnt have the game anymore, and I saw a video of the effect the update did. So I assumed it was throughout the game.

Your options for playing OoT are the original which rarely gets over 25fps, the GameCube port which didn't really fix anything, and the 3DS version, which is generally the most playable version, sans one or two hiccups. 

Anyway, this is a weird mash-up to me. It seems... Fundamentally wrong to put Awakening on the same pedestal as Ocarina of Time. 

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Your options for playing OoT are the original which rarely gets over 25fps, the GameCube port which didn't really fix anything, and the 3DS version, which is generally the most playable version, sans one or two hiccups. 

Anyway, this is a weird mash-up to me. It seems... Fundamentally wrong to put Awakening on the same pedestal as Ocarina of Time. 

They're the two highest rated games on the 3DS that are purely Nintendo, Awakening is 3rd if you count the Cave Story port. That might have some basis here.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

If we're talking quality and legacy, then no FE game deserves to be placed on the same pedestal as OoT, a game that completely changed the genre.

But I think it's great Nintendo is doing this. The fact they're selling FE games in dual packs alongside Zelda shows how important the IP has become to them.

16 minutes ago, Jave said:

If we're talking quality and legacy, then no FE game deserves to be placed on the same pedestal as OoT, a game that completely changed the genre.

But I think it's great Nintendo is doing this. The fact they're selling FE games in dual packs alongside Zelda shows how important the IP has become to them.

I agree, I'd do a double take if it were any FE game. Not just my lack of Awakening making it seem weird.

OoT is one of the most revolutionary games of all time, frequently at the top of many "Best Games of All Time" list, and seeing any FE being propped up next to it doesn't feel right.

It is nice that it looks like FE will be continuing to get plenty of love from Nintendo, though.

Edited by Slumber

While this is great news, having a Birthright & Conquest double pack would be swell. That way, no one will ever complain that to get the full experience, you have to buy them both.

Still have to buy Revelations separately though

On 22/11/2017 at 10:49 AM, kingddd said:

I don't know entirely too much about this whole situation, however, it is really crappy to buy a game that doesn't run optimally any more simply because of patches (which makes me think they could fix that with a patch to the game/3DS). Seems a bit of unprofessional to be trying to make money from it (/marketing it) without fixing it or atleast statements that they will. I think tthat argument might come more from a matter of principle as opposed to exaggerating the effects. 

Granted it is totally different if nintendo is aware and trying to fix it.

Edited by SlayerX

40 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

I don't know entirely too much about this whole situation, however, it is really crappy to buy a game that doesn't run optimally any more simply because of patches (which makes me think they could fix that with a patch to the game/3DS). Seems a bit of unprofessional to be trying to make money from it (/marketing it) without fixing it or atleast statements that they will. I think tthat argument might come more from a matter of principle as opposed to exaggerating the effects. 

Granted it is totally different if nintendo is aware and trying to fix it.

the thing is, if it affect every single moment in the game then yeah I can see how people can have issues with but majority of the time it's like maybe 0.1 fps difference and it's not like the entire game is completely unplayable.  Hardly much of a thing to get angry over.  It still runs way better than the original game in every way shape or form.

32 minutes ago, kingddd said:

the thing is, if it affect every single moment in the game then yeah I can see how people can have issues with but majority of the time it's like maybe 0.1 fps difference and it's not like the entire game is completely unplayable.  Hardly much of a thing to get angry over.  It still runs way better than the original game in every way shape or form.

Oh, i guess if it is like that, there isn't much if anything at all to complain or be mad about. Such a minimal change would not even be perceived...