Tiki, Naga's Voice

Ice Dragon

Tiki, Naga's Voice

Unlike her younger self, Tiki, Naga's Voice, is slow and lacking in magic bulk, but makes up for it with greater Atk and physical bulk.

As a breath user, she has access to and even starts with Lightning Breath+, giving her easy access to a weapon with innate Distant Counter, and targets Res instead of Def, allowing her to more easily break through common units with high Def, but low Res. This also gives her access to support from Fortify Dragons to further boost her impressive Def and patch up her lower Res. With weapon refining, breath weapons also gain the ability to target the weaker of the opponent's defensive stats if the opponent is ranged, allowing Tiki to also break through common tome and bow users with high Res.

On the other hand, being a breath user leaves her vulnerable to Falchion, Naga, and Divine Naga, which deal effective damage to her. Falchion hits her at neutral weapon triangle, making it difficult to shrug off even with her impressive physical bulk, and the Naga variants target her weaker Res stat, letting them brute force their way through her weapon triangle advantage.

Finally, she has the advantage of being summonable at 3-star and 4-star rarity, making it easier to find a copy of her with an optimal nature and easier to obtain multiple copies to merge.

Level 40 stats:

HP: 36/40/43
Atk: 32/35/38
Spd: 20/23/26
Def: 32/35/38
Res: 21/24/27

Total: 156~157

Default skills:

Weapon: Lightning Breath+
Assist: [none]
Special: Bonfire
Passive A: Defiant Atk 3
Passive B: [none]
Passive C: Spur Res 3

Standard dragon (Triangle Adept)
General use, Arena offense

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk, -Spd]

Lightning Breath+ [Res/Def] / Flametongue+ [Def]
Reposition / [flexible assist]
Bonfire / Aether
Triangle Adept 3
Quick Riposte 3
Fortify Dragons / [flexible passive C]
Distant Def 3 / [flexible Sacred Seal]

This is the standard Triangle Adept dragon build. Unlike Tiki, Dragon Scion, she has a harder time shrugging off Julia or Deirdre due to her low Spd and Res stats. However, with weapon refining, Tiki can kill Julia and Deirdre in a single hit, mitigating her low Spd.

As an enemy-phase build focused on the use of Quick Riposte 3 to land a second hit, +Atk is her best boon. A bane of -Spd allows opponents to perform follow-up attacks more easily to more quickly charge her special skill and also preserves her barely salvageable Res, which can be made decent with support from Fortify Dragons or the Fortify Res 3 Sacred Seal.

Lightning Breath+ is standard for the build to allow Tiki to counterattack against ranged opponents, but Flametongue+ can be used for greater firepower against melee opponents if ranged counterattack is not necessary. When using Lightning Breath+, the Res refine is preferred for better taking hits from Naga and Divine Naga, but the Def refine can be used to bolster her defenses against bow users. With Flametongue+, Def is the preferred refine.

Reposition is the assist skill with the greatest utility, but the slot is flexible depending on the needs of the team.

Bonfire is better used with Flametongue+ to activate on the follow-up attack if the opponent is fast enough to also perform a follow-up attack, but can also be used with Lightning Breath+ for more firepower on the next round of combat. Ignis is also an option, but is less reliable in shorter game modes.

Aether, while exceptionally slow to charge, can be helpful to improve Tiki's sustain in longer game modes or against teams with a large number of green units that allow her many rounds of combat.

Other options:

• Reciprocal Aid can be used to reactivate Quick Riposte 3 after she has taken too much damage.
  • Moonbow or Glimmer can be used for its low cooldown for a faster, but smaller damage spike, capable of activating on the follow-up attack of every round of combat even when using Lightning Breath+.
  • Fury 3 can be used as a cheaper alternative to Triangle Adept 3. This gives her greater general bulk for one round of combat, but weakens her sustain without healing support.
  • Bowbreaker 3 allows her to survive and kill nearly all bow users, even on player phase, but sacrifices her match-ups against axe users.
  • G Tomebreaker 3 allows her to survive and kill Julia and Deirdre if she does not have a refined weapon, but sacrifices her match-ups against axe users.

Physical tank (Steady Breath Quick Riposte)
General use, Arena offense, Arena defense

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk, -Spd]

Lightning Breath+ [Def] / Flametongue+ [Def]
Bonfire / Aether
Steady Breath
Quick Riposte 3
Fortify Dragons / [flexible passive C]
Distant Def 3 / Close Def 3 / [flexible Sacred Seal]

This build gives up on Tiki's ability to survive Julia or Deirdre (and heavily buffed Gronnblade+ users) and instead focuses on using Steady Breath to tank physical hits and charge up Bonfire or Aether to deal heavy damage.

With defensive boosts from Fortify Dragons and the corresponding Sacred Seal, Tiki is capable of surviving and defeating even Lyn, Brave Lady, with cavalry buffs and Ayra when at similar merge levels. On maps with fortification tiles, she can reach a monstrous 71 Def (76 Def at +10 merge) with a Def refine, Steady Breath, Close Def 3 or Distant Def 3, Fortify Dragons, and a fortification tile. This also makes this build a prime candidate for use on an Arena defense team.

Lightning Breath+ gives Tiki the option of counterattacking bow users, but Flametongue+ can be used if bows can be handled by her teammates. In either case, the Def refine is preferred because she will mostly be dealing with physical opponents.

Bonfire will always activate on her follow-up attack and will activate an every counterattack if the opponent is using a Brave weapon, allowing her to mitigate damage from taking the opponent's follow-up attack.

Aether will always activate on her follow-up attack as long as the opponent also performed a follow-up attack of their own. This can, however, be difficult to make work well because the opponent will be weakened and may not have enough HP to sufficiently heal Tiki.

Other options:

• Reciprocal Aid can be used to reactivate Quick Riposte 3 after she has taken too much damage.
  • Weaponbreaker skills can be used to counter specific threats depending on the needs of the team. Note that this will delay her Aether activation until the next round of combat. They can also be used to give Tiki player-phase presence.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Not sure I'm supposed to be saying it here, but less sure where else to say it, so...thanks a bunch, Ice - Adult Tiki was one of my first pulls and I still have her in my barracks. I wanted to use her but couldn't figure out how to make her do anything without getting overshadowed by literally every other Red Unit I had/have, and I haven't pulled Young Tiki yet so that's not an option. Out of curiosity, who gets Fortify Dragons? Also when are you going to find that image like your sig promised?

Adult Tiki is one of my favorite units to use due to her bulk and amazing counterpunching.  IMO a Def+ IV is better than Atk+ IV, because it increases her defensive bulk to ridiculous levels.  I agree that Steady Breath is her best Slot A, with Distant Defense being second.  However, since those skills are not available to me, I decided to give her Defense +3.  As far as weapon forging goes, I chose the variant of LB+ that increases her Defense; mine now has 45 base defense with the forge/Def+ IV/Defense +3.  With Distant Defense Sacred Seal, she completely annihilates Brave Lyn and can go toe-to-toe with most magic users.  Adult Tiki is my defensive counterpuncher, and Young Tiki is my magic counterpuncher.  Also, armor teams with the exception of Effie get shredded by Thicci.

I have Reciprocal Aid as my Assist skill, but it isn't used very frequently.  The best combo for Reciprocal Aid for me is PA Azura w/Tiki, as it brings Tiki back into QR range, and lets Azura use Escape Route. 

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Out of curiosity, who gets Fortify Dragons?

Ninian is currently the only character that has Fortify Dragons by default.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Nice write-up , I'm currently using Fury 3, and Vantage 3, because the other options are too rare for me, maybe one day I can get them. But at least I can get some merge levels on her.

I keep forgetting that Fury exists because I never use it. This is actually a build I might want to do a write-up for, namely

Tiki [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Vantage 3, [flexible], Close Def 3 / Distant Def 3)

I just don't really know how I want to handle the more niche builds (also budget builds) in my current format.

Does the +Res refinement even do much in terms of tanking the Naga damage? With TA the +4 difference shouldn't do that much and obviously Quick Reposte is broken either way. -blade users like Nino and Soren will be 1HKO'd by Tiki so the damage mitigation seems not worth it since you will less likely take 2 hits from a mage anymore. It doesn't save her from Reinhardt either (though that was wishful thinking in the first place).

On the other hand Brave weapons users will have more trouble with the +Def refinement since it is a difference of 8 points minimum, 16 if they quad her which is very likely with the -Spd in mind. Though Luna will probably finish her off regardless.

One other thing; does the Atk refinement nothing in terms of wins/loss? Mostly interested in that for the build with TA.

D'oh.... my favorite got janked like immediately ;;; RIP my lateness... 

I will say I think there's something to be said for Res boon; with that, a Res-refined Lightning Breath, and summoner supports she goes from 27 to a pretty solid 33, and then even higher to an effective 39 with Distant Defense 3 seal and then 41 with adjacent ally support (even without summoner supports, 39 is still quite good). With the benefits bestowed by this update I've definitely become a fan of balanced defenses on EP/tanky units, and this Tiki does that pretty well with the right build, not having to invest much in her defense because of how strong it already is and gaining a LOT of benefits from the various buffs. This girl is my favorite and most relied-upon unit for a reason, and I don't even have steady breath on her yet x3x

22 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Does the +Res refinement even do much in terms of tanking the Naga damage? With TA the +4 difference shouldn't do that much and obviously Quick Reposte is broken either way. -blade users like Nino and Soren will be 1HKO'd by Tiki so the damage mitigation seems not worth it since you will less likely take 2 hits from a mage anymore. It doesn't save her from Reinhardt either (though that was wishful thinking in the first place).

On the other hand Brave weapons users will have more trouble with the +Def refinement since it is a difference of 8 points minimum, 16 if they quad her which is very likely with the -Spd in mind. Though Luna will probably finish her off regardless.

One other thing; does the Atk refinement nothing in terms of wins/loss? Mostly interested in that for the build with TA.

It depends on A!Tiki's teammates and who she needs to counter.

Unmerged, A!Tiki needs Resistance Refinement in addition to Triangle Adept to take on highly merged Julia/Deirdre builds running +Def and Armored Blow. I am not sure if those exist yet, but they can take down A!Tiki if she is not set up properly.

If A!Tiki is running Triangle Adept against Brave Axe users, Luna damage is not a big deal as Luna damage is probably their only primary source of damage, since their regular attacks do next to no damage.

In my opinion, Attack Refinement does nothing for most units, especially units with Triangle Adept builds, as most of them can already overkill a color just fine with their neutral Attack nature. It matters even less for dragons as they automatically target which ever is weaker between Defense and Resistance.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Unmerged, A!Tiki needs Resistance Refinement in addition to Triangle Adept to take on highly merged Julia/Deirdre builds running +Def and Armored Blow. I am not sure if those exist yet, but they can take down A!Tiki if she is not set up properly.

Unless I'm doing something wrong with my calculations +0 Tiki with TA and Lightning Breath+ [Def] will still defeat +10 Deirdre and Julia with Fury and neutral Def after one counter. Even with +Def they would still die, so the Res refinement only gives Tiki +4 more Hp after the fight.

It actually doesn't matter how much Res Tiki has, she only needs enough to avoid being killed in 1 hit. The problem is that she needs to kill these two in one counter. If she can't do that she will be doubled and the refinement will not save her from certain death.
I can't imagine that these 2 would start running Armored Blow and +Def nature just for Tiki (both versions). They still kill the other dragons after all without specific skills and they probably prefer more versatile choices like TA or Fury

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

If A!Tiki is running Triangle Adept against Brave Axe users, Luna damage is not a big deal as Luna damage is probably their only primary source of damage, as their regular attacks do next to no damage.

Well the Defense refinement is meant more for other Brave weapon types like Swords or Bows. Brave Axes were never a real threat to her of course but Brave Lyn with Luna will kill Tiki if she doesn't have the DD seal and Def refinement.
Kinda unfortunate that she has no chance to survive against Lucina though, even with the refinement.

2 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Unless I'm doing something wrong with my calculations +0 Tiki with TA and Lightning Breath+ [Def] will still defeat +10 Deirdre and Julia with Fury and neutral Def after one counter. Even with +Def they would still die, so the Res refinement only gives Tiki +4 more Hp after the fight.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

highly merged Julia/Deirdre builds running +Def and Armored Blow

It is unlikely but not impossible. I ran into a highly merged Julia with Life and Death before (I do not remember the nature, but I think only +Spd Julias would ever run that), and if I used a dragon team as my Arena team, my lowly merged Y!Tiki would have been toast.

Assuming neutral nature A!Tiki with Defense Refinement, she would need to be merged to +7 in order to take on Julia+10 running +Def, Moonbow, and Armored Blow.

13 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Well the Defense refinement is meant more for other Brave weapon types like Swords or Bows. Brave Axes were never a real threat to her of course but Brave Lyn with Luna will kill Tiki if she doesn't have the DD seal and Def refinement.
Kinda unfortunate that she has no chance to survive against Lucina though, even with the refinement.

I do not think Triangle Adept are really meant to take on anything but the color they are good against. You can still make them take on other colors, but they will be far less effective. Against units of neutral effectiveness, Triangle Adept units are generally at a disadvantage since they are not running another A skill to boost their stats.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

It is unlikely but not impossible.

But that's still a very rare case. I don't see why players should expect such a ridicilous build in the first place. I would rather try to improve several match-ups instead of one that is particularly obscure.
Btw. with Atk refinement Tiki only needs to be +2 to defeat your +10 Julia so the Res refinement is even less efficient that the Atk one.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not think Triangle Adept are really meant to take on anything but the color they are good against. You can still make them take on other colors, but they will be far less effective. Against units of neutral effectiveness, Triangle Adept units are generally at a disadvantage since they are not running another A skill to boost their stats.

Yet there are plenty of units that can fight against the color they are neutral against.
Less effective doesn't mean not viable. Especially in Arena you want to cover as much ground as possible and just because they lack the A slot, doesn't mean they can't win. That's one of Tiki's main draw after all, being able to combat Bow users due to her excellent bulk.

Edited by Talandar

10 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Not sure I'm supposed to be saying it here, but less sure where else to say it, so...thanks a bunch, Ice - Adult Tiki was one of my first pulls and I still have her in my barracks. I wanted to use her but couldn't figure out how to make her do anything without getting overshadowed by literally every other Red Unit I had/have, and I haven't pulled Young Tiki yet so that's not an option. Out of curiosity, who gets Fortify Dragons? Also when are you going to find that image like your sig promised?

I've gotten myself a 40+6 5* adult Tiki (+Def, -Spd) and she's basically my most reliable unit. She doesn't even have any 5* exclusive skills on her that she couldn't naturally learn. She's pretty great.

9 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Adult Tiki is one of my favorite units to use due to her bulk and amazing counterpunching.  IMO a Def+ IV is better than Atk+ IV, because it increases her defensive bulk to ridiculous levels.  I agree that Steady Breath is her best Slot A, with Distant Defense being second.  However, since those skills are not available to me, I decided to give her Defense +3.  As far as weapon forging goes, I chose the variant of LB+ that increases her Defense; mine now has 45 base defense with the forge/Def+ IV/Defense +3.  With Distant Defense Sacred Seal, she completely annihilates Brave Lyn and can go toe-to-toe with most magic users.  Adult Tiki is my defensive counterpuncher, and Young Tiki is my magic counterpuncher.  Also, armor teams with the exception of Effie get shredded by Thicci.

I have Reciprocal Aid as my Assist skill, but it isn't used very frequently.  The best combo for Reciprocal Aid for me is PA Azura w/Tiki, as it brings Tiki back into QR range, and lets Azura use Escape Route. 

I agree with +Def over +Atk, especially now that we can refine Lightning Breath+ to hit the lower of Def/Res on ranged enemies, further mitigating the need for more attack power.

My Tiki is using TA, but I have Fortress Defense (I liked being able to see 50 Def on her) learned and might try it out sometime. It will help against swords and possibly let her tank non-TA/Sapphire Lances, but makes going up against green tomes (especially Julia and Deirdre) more dangerous.

Also, Swap needs more love. Reposition is great, but I tend to prefer Swap on tanky units.

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

I've gotten myself a 40+6 5* adult Tiki (+Def, -Spd) and she's basically my most reliable unit. She doesn't even have any 5* exclusive skills on her that she couldn't naturally learn. She's pretty great.

Cool, I'll have to find time and Feathers to work on mine, though she'll still be hard-pressed to get me to overcome my RoyBoy favoritism if she wants to be part of my defense team. In the meantime, thanks to all of you for your discussion so I can figure out how I want to run her.

Also,

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

Swap needs more love.

I agree - Swap and Shove are pretty much the only two Support Skills I run on any Unit that doesn't naturally come with something else because they do almost everything I need. Occasionally I run into a situation where I wish I had Draw Back, but it's not often.

8 hours ago, Florete said:

I agree with +Def over +Atk, especially now that we can refine Lightning Breath+ to hit the lower of Def/Res on ranged enemies, further mitigating the need for more attack power.

My Tiki is using TA, but I have Fortress Defense (I liked being able to see 50 Def on her) learned and might try it out sometime. It will help against swords and possibly let her tank non-TA/Sapphire Lances, but makes going up against green tomes (especially Julia and Deirdre) more dangerous.

Also, Swap needs more love. Reposition is great, but I tend to prefer Swap on tanky units.

I'd say Swap is probably better for tanky units with 2 or 3 movement; Reposition is better for glass cannons and nukers.  As far as TA goes, I prefer it on units that need an extra boost.  I don't believe Tiki fits into this category, as she can hold her own against melee blue units without TA3 (or at least not get ORKO'd), and she does well against ranged green units due to the forge targeting the lower def/res stat, and equipping DD3 seal.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

On 12/9/2017 at 3:36 PM, Charmeleonbrah said:

@BANRYU What's your Tiki build if you don't mind me asking?  Eventually I'll get around to building Tiki Emblem.

Screenshot_20171210-185320.png

Is my current setup while I pine after Steady Breath and wait for Infantry Pulse to become existent in the viable summoning pool. I have a +Res/-Spd one waiting in the wings to merge as the main one (current is +HP/-Res), so she'll be picking up an extra 6 flat defense before I'm done with her-- so that'll 42 effective Res against any tomes who attack her hah.

Between her, Emerald DC Camilla, and Berkut's Lance + DC Oboro, double-sided tanks are quickly becoming my favorite type of build in this game. If I'm ever able to pull Bike and 2 Hectors, I'll be sitting pretty with a rather solid anti-meta core team.

My Dragon Emblem team is well on its way as well, I've got a built Nowi, a passable Ninian, and a spare Lightning Breath+ fodder for Fae (only need TriAdept fodder for her to finish a basic Fae build ATVL). Would like to build a 4*+10 f!Corrin if I can get the right fodder for her as well just because I like her and Dark Breath seems cool with refinement, but she has to take the backseat for now. 

Edited by BANRYU

13 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Screenshot_20171210-185320.png

Is my current setup while I pine after Steady Breath and wait for Infantry Pulse to become existent in the viable summoning pool. I have a +Res/-Spd one waiting in the wings to merge as the main one (current is +HP/-Res), so she'll be picking up an extra 6 flat defense before I'm done with her-- so that'll 42 effective Res against any tomes who attack her hah.

Between her, Emerald DC Camilla, and Berkut's Lance + DC Oboro, double-sided tanks are quickly becoming my favorite type of build in this game. If I'm ever able to pull Bike and 2 Hectors, I'll be sitting pretty with a rather solid anti-meta core team.

My Dragon Emblem team is well on its way as well, I've got a built Nowi, a passable Ninian, and a spare Lightning Breath+ fodder for Fae (only need TriAdept fodder for her to finish a basic Fae build ATVL). Would like to build a 4*+10 f!Corrin if I can get the right fodder for her as well just because I like her and Dark Breath seems cool with refinement, but she has to take the backseat for now. 

I pretty much run the same setup, except with Def+3 instead of Fury3.  Has Fury worked well for you?  I have some reservations about running it with Quick Riposte.  Hopefully Fortify Dragons will be more available soon; perhaps Kana will be the next Tempest Trial reward and come with FD?

Distant Counter Camilla is freaking awesome.  We should demand her to be moved up to at least A tier.

Yeah, Fury's worked really well, pretty much all the boosts benefit her, especially against the likes of Julia and Deirdre with the res boosts. Since I have QR3, the HP loss isn't really a problem in the context of arena matches since they're usually over by the time she still needs QR to kill anyone, and in the longer modes like TT and CC I tend to run Recover (and now, Physic+) healers to keep her QR range. Steady Breath would definitely be my preference, but until I get it I feel like Fury is the next best thing. 

I've added Fury 3 as an alternative in the other options of the Triangle Adept build since the build functions very similarly. Let me know if anyone thinks it should be split out into its own build.

I keep forgetting Fury exists since I use it so rarely.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Oh hah I wasn't tryna imply nothing specifically, but yeah it does work pretty well IMO. +9 to both defenses when attacked at range (Fury+DD) is nothing to sneeze at even for a base Res as low as Tiki's; I'd say it's fine as a budget slash on either set, frankly. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎16‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 10:54 PM, Ice Dragon said:

I've added Fury 3 as an alternative in the other options of the Triangle Adept build since the build functions very similarly. Let me know if anyone thinks it should be split out into its own build.

If I may add something, because of Fury 3.

Nature: [+Atk, -SPD/-HP]

Lightning Breath+ [Atk] (Grants at least 2 more Mt than other choices)
Bonfire / Aether
Fury 3
Quick Riposte 3 (QR2 Budget)
[flexible passive C]

Atk +3 / (If merged for score after +3 Attack, flexible (A.Tiki +6))

This may be not the most creative set, but I explain my reasons, why in my opinion this set makes her more flexible than TA. And gives her some chances she has not with a defense build (I'm not implying that this build is better, it just gives other possibilities).

With all investment into attack she has at least 58 Attack on 5* (No merge).
The good Points about A.Tiki on attack are that she can:

-More likely 1-hit KO. B!Lyn (As Long as she is not with Firesweep+) on enemy Phase.

-She also does not need TA to survive Julia/Deirdre, because she can 1-hit KO them (As already explained in this Thread).

-She can also more likely K.O. Reinhardt on Attack Phase as Long as she gets 2 hits

-Still hits green Units very good

In all this build gives her the option to be usefull on player phase. With my core Team which is based on enemy phased Units I'm glad to have the option to use her on player phase.

And now that Hone Dragon is available her offensiv potential is rising. That's why I add the Idea to think about if HP is a better bane (I don't want to waste Res, because I think 30 Res trough merge, can be used for attack ploy).  

I want to add, that without Hone Dragon this build only makes sense if all is invested into attack, if Lightining Breath+ would only add 1Mt I would not recommend it, but it adds at least 2Mt.  

I play her like this in my arena core for quite a time and I'm satisfied with it. And it's budget friendly.

It's a shame that I cannot try her with Hone Dragon Support. with Summoner Support she could gain 70 Mt on +10 and Hone Dragon. I don't know if this is enough to KO Falchion users on Player Phase.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ice Dragon Thoughts on Res-focused Tiki build with Warding Breath? 

I may have posted this in here before (sorry if I did, don't remember), but yeah if I didn't. Here's my Res-focused Tiki. At +0 and with Warding Breath instead of Fury, I think it's... 42 effective Def and Res both when attacked from range, 36 each at close range? something like that.  

Screenshot_20171229-073455.png

Is it worth maybe making dedicated builds for both Steady and Warding breath to tank the respective defense (or mixed I suppose, in the case of Warding)? Because my Tiki already laughs at Julia and I can scarcely imagine how it be with WB thrown in lol (well I could, if I ran calcs. But uh. A bit short on time for that atm)

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2018 at 8:24 PM, BANRYU said:

@Ice Dragon Thoughts on Res-focused Tiki build with Warding Breath? 

I may have posted this in here before (sorry if I did, don't remember), but yeah if I didn't. Here's my Res-focused Tiki. At +0 and with Warding Breath instead of Fury, I think it's... 42 effective Def and Res both when attacked from range, 36 each at close range? something like that.  

Screenshot_20171229-073455.png

Is it worth maybe making dedicated builds for both Steady and Warding breath to tank the respective defense (or mixed I suppose, in the case of Warding)? Because my Tiki already laughs at Julia and I can scarcely imagine how it be with WB thrown in lol (well I could, if I ran calcs. But uh. A bit short on time for that atm)

Did anything ever become of this?  I’ve got a +Res -Spd Tiki, as well as fodder for both Breath skills. I’m still agonizing over exactly how to build her.  The idea of a mixed tank with +Res refine and Warding Breath sounds nice, but doubling down on pure defense is also appealing. 

@BANRYU @Eridras

The match-up against Julia is rather shaky because it depends entirely on Julia's build and buffs. An ideal build on Julia would use Divine Naga, which means Tiki cannot rely on field buffs to bolster her Atk, Spd, or Res, and Julia is very capable of killing Tiki in one round if she is fast enough to perform a follow-up attack and has enough physical bulk to not die to Tiki's first counterattack. With the rumored upcoming addition of the Def Tactic Sacred Seal, it is that much more likely that Julia can survive that hit.