How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

Dinar87

Remakes of Tellius  

201 members have voted

1. 1. How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

• Yes, I'd buy that!
    • Don't really care either way, more fire emblem is good.
    • Heck no!
    • Maybe Fe 9 and 10 separately?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd like one, just not now. The Japan-only FEs take priority when it comes to remakes.

Maybe as an alternative they could just put them on the switch's eshop? Whenever it starts doing backwards compatibility that is. I agree, I do need to play through Genealogy and Thracia, and while not probable, I do want to see a remake of FE12.

1 minute ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Maybe as an alternative they could just put them on the switch's eshop?

For Path of Radiance, that's probably more likely. Don't know if they'd put Wii games on the eShop. They only did it with the Wii U because backwards compatibility.

At the very least I want FE9 and 10 to be re released, an actual remake would be quite stellar. In the first place this would mean not such a noticeable graphic difference between Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn. Secondly maybe focus on Skrimir a little more during Part 3, as not only is he one of the leaders of the Laguz alliance but he is more the one that has something invested in the situation. Much as I like Ike and the Greil Mercenaries they are only there because they were hired by the Laguz Alliance, I think having the focus more on the Laguz Alliance and less on the GM would be a really good idea and may even make the store more compelling than it already is. It would also be nice to rebalance certain units to be more readily useable namely Micaiah, Fiona and Meg.

Ultimately though I would love, love, love, LOVE a FE 9 and 10 remake those titles are in my top five FE games list.

Oh yes! Tellius has two of my favorite games of all time! I'd especially play remakes if they fixed issues like availability for certain characters in RD, the transfer data bug, and added some more paired endings like Ike x Elincia, Kieran x Marcia, Rhys x Mia, etc. Though Ike and Elincia don't necessarily have to be romantic, I'm fine with them being platonic too.

Fe9 without map animations that take 10 years would be nice, and FE10 just needs improvement in general, especially where the plot is concerned. My fear is that they would try to change the game too much to resemble the newer games, or worse, drench it with DLC.

eh, they don't look outdated to me graphics-wise...at least FE10 doesn't. I haven't played neither though so I'm not sure if they are in need of remakes or not.

But I do have to say that the FEs still not released in the west need to get a remake first.

It would be a nice idea to add proper supports to RD to flesh out the characters more because even from the little we see them in the plot and base conversations, they are already super interesting. Also, they can certainly improve some of the writing involving the blood pact and make sure that the Japanese and English versions don't tell a different story. As for gameplay, I think bringing back enemy ranges in hard mode would be convenient and possibly the weapon triangle as well. Giving sacrifice the ability to maximize biorhythm and maybe even refresh your ally would be nice because those are all heron abilities and it doesn't make sacrifice redundant once staves come into play. Give authority stars a purpose other than the commander of the army and make it so that developing characters increase their authority so that Micaiah, Elincia, Ike, Skrimir, Sanaki and Kurthnaga gain more as they become better leaders or receive a promotion. 

As for PoR, make the skills transferable so that you can experiment with different skill combinations. Also, add maniac mode in the English version. More supports and base conversations would be nice too I suppose. Also, make sure that mounts indoors have nerfed movement because as of now, they are always more useful than infantry. 

Both games can benefit from an option to skip enemy phase. 

Edited by Icelerate

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

Not a full on remake, but a remaster with some tweaks.

I agree it's still perfectly playable and doesn't really need a remake like Gaiden did or Jugdral does.  The main issue is accessibility now.

I would be fine if they just released it on virtual console.  There's no real good reason for not having done that already.

For actual remakes, I want the Jugdral games next.  I tried playing FE4, and it was painful.

I don't think it would be a good idea, all 3 FE remake has sold less copies than their original version domestically. Add in the additional costs of HD development, and it just doesn't make business sense. Release them on virtual console, but NCL and IS shouldn't spend resources on remaking them. 

Maybe a remaster or an "HD" version, but it's low on the totem poll for me. Both of my copies work fine *knock on wood* and I'd rather see the Japanese only games and GBA games get remade. So, I just want to go chronological order they were released.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...