Dinar87

How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

Remakes of Tellius  

138 members have voted

1. 1. How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

• Yes, I'd buy that!
    • Don't really care either way, more fire emblem is good.
    • Heck no!
    • Maybe Fe 9 and 10 separately?

I think we all know the truth is Ike became Anri.

Tellius doesn't need a sequel, nor does Ike, nor Micaiah. And I like Tellius, if anything, I'd want a prequel set during the Tellius Continental War.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think we all know the truth is Ike became Anri.

Tellius doesn't need a sequel, nor does Ike, nor Micaiah. And I like Tellius, if anything, I'd want a prequel set during the Tellius Continental War.

Yeah, I'd rather see that instead of another Tellius sequel. Alternatively I'd also like a Greil/Zelgius centered prequel that leads up to the events of PoR

On 1/5/2019 at 9:29 PM, Jotari said:

Direct Radiant Dawn sequel would be a terrible idea. No where you can really go after killing god.

I'm not sure how to respond to that. Maybe you should put down the Awakening/Fates cartridge, replay the Tellius series and try to actively pay attention this time through. Ignoring all of the details (unintroduced characters, unexplored regions etc.) off the top of my head, the final cutscene from the Radiant Dawn story's secret ending did a fine job alluding to a potential sequel.

14 minutes ago, Xander said:

I'm not sure how to respond to that. Maybe you should put down the Awakening/Fates cartridge, replay the Tellius series and try to actively pay attention this time through. Ignoring all of the details (unintroduced characters, unexplored regions etc.) off the top of my head, the final cutscene from the Radiant Dawn story's secret ending did a fine job alluding to a potential sequel.

Yeah, set like a thousand years later when all the cast members are dead, at which point what's even the point? Unless you're really attached to just Lehran (which admittedly I am) and maybe Kurthnaga, there's no real advantage to a sequel. It'd be a sequel in the same vein Awakening is a sequel to Mystery of the Emblem. In that it's not and connection to the prior game actually detracts from it. There is nothing in terms of narrative that warrants a sequel from Tellius. The reason some people want a sequel I think is because of the elements in its world. But IS could just as easily recycle those elements in a different world with more creative freedom.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, set like a thousand years later when all the cast members are dead, at which point what's even the point? Unless you're really attached to just Lehran (which admittedly I am) and maybe Kurthnaga, there's no real advantage to a sequel. It'd be a sequel in the same vein Awakening is a sequel to Mystery of the Emblem. In that it's not and connection to the prior game actually detracts from it. There is nothing in terms of narrative that warrants a sequel from Tellius. The reason some people want a sequel I think is because of the elements in its world. But IS could just as easily recycle those elements in a different world with more creative freedom.

I think I'd agree with this criticism. I've heard people say Mother 3 would be better off as not being called Mother 3. Why? Because there is next to nothing plotwise which actually carries over from the prior two games. It could keep the PSI and aesthetics and quirk without being tenuously bound to Mothers 1 & 2.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I'd agree with this criticism. I've heard people say Mother 3 would be better off as not being called Mother 3. Why? Because there is next to nothing plotwise which actually carries over from the prior two games. It could keep the PSI and aesthetics and quirk without being tenuously bound to Mothers 1 & 2.

Porky

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mother 3 does have Porky and Mr Andonuts so there is more of a connection there, I do think if it was called something else there's a chance more people might have played it though. I've suggested it to some people and they've been interested, but that 3 in the title really makes it feel like the first two games should be played first. On the other hand Mother's a brand name, so maybe nobody would have played the game if it came out without it.