How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

Dinar87

Remakes of Tellius  

201 members have voted

1. 1. How many people still want a FE9 or FE 9+10 remake?

• Yes, I'd buy that!
    • Don't really care either way, more fire emblem is good.
    • Heck no!
    • Maybe Fe 9 and 10 separately?

I don't need remakes of Tellius, honestly.

.... But that's not because I hate the games, far from it. I just still have the originals and can play them whenever I wish, so a remake is pointless for me. I would, however, support a remaster of the game on Switch for anyone who isn't so fortunate and/or doesn't have a working GameCube/Wii anymore.
I got you there for a sec, didn't I?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Given how Three Houses has turned out, I'd love to see both games get a similar treatment to it. I certainly wouldn't deem it necessary but I'd eagerly appreciate the freedom to experience an updated Tellius with perhaps some expanded lore and/or additional side chapters to further flesh out certain details for what we already know.

Additional points if we get to see background on what was going on with certain characters before we first meet them. Like, what lead Sothe to being in Port Toha in West Crimea when he lives in Daein? Or maybe what happens with regards to Elincia, Kieran, Geoffrey and so on before Elincia was rescued by Ike. I get that it was explained, albeit relatively vaguely, but actually getting to see it would be a treat, I think.

On 8/15/2019 at 3:19 AM, Light Strategist said:

Given how Three Houses has turned out, I'd love to see both games get a similar treatment to it.

You want to see the games watered down with endless fetch quests and tea minigames?

I don't thinking they need remakes. I haven't play Path of Radience, other than graphics (debateable) nothing seems to be outdated. I have played Radiant Dawn (second favourite after Fates), and same deal. I wish Nintendo made older games not on the N64 and older more easily availible.

• 2 weeks later...

I would expect a more conservative remaster of Tellius than a full-blown Echoes-style remake.

• Flesh out parts of RD's story more, hopefully add full supports. Classic supports could be combined with the everyone-supports-everyone system, just give some combinations full conversations. Perhaps even a handful of new chapters, like Part 1 could slow down the pace of the war a bit.
  • Touch up the graphics. RD is pretty good-looking already; if you bring PoR up to its level you only need minor upgrades on top of that I think.
  • Add voice acting, re-record cutscene VA.
  • Add some of the features and QOL in newer games, such as casual mode. RD hard needs enemy ranges back too.
  • Tweak the balance a little (earth supports should be nerfed, for one). Perhaps even a new difficulty level for hardcore fans.
  • Fix localization issues - PoR maniac mode, RD's difficulty naming and extended script.

That wouldn't be that difficult to do, could be sold full price if both games were bundled together, and would probably sell well to a newly expanded audience.

Tellius had pretty bad timing for sales and deserves a second chance, with PoR coming on a basically dead system and RD on a successful system but sequel to a game few played and a niche game that didn't really fit the Wii's audience early on. Clearly there is some demand there for the prices they're going at. Awhile back I wondered if the fact that RD was one of the few first-party Wii games not to be released on Wii U eShop (Twilight Princess was another) meant they were planning to do something with it.

Edited by kzer_za

9 hours ago, kzer_za said:

RD on a successful system but sequel to a game few played and a niche game that didn't really fit the Wii's audience early on.

I'm pretty sure being released on the same day as Super Mario Galaxy, as well as a lack of advertising are what killed it more than anything.

9 hours ago, kzer_za said:

RD was one of the few first-party Wii games not to be released on Wii U eShop meant they were planning to do something with it

That seems to be nothing more than pure speculation on your part. Also, they probably wouldn't have released it without releasing PoR first.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

That seems to be nothing more than pure speculation on your part. Also, they probably wouldn't have released it without releasing PoR first.

I began that sentence with "awhile back I wondered", so yeah I know I'm only speculating. Admittedly, with the passage of time after the Wii U my theory looks less likely, though still not impossible.

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I'm pretty sure being released on the same day as Super Mario Galaxy, as well as a lack of advertising are what killed it more than anything. 

That too. It also wasn't treated fairly by reviewers for a variety of reasons, and it didn't help the difficulty rename made our "normal" mode too hard for casuals (odd that Treehouse would do this after dropping maniac last game!). There were a lot of things going against it, some that Nintendo could have done better with and some probably out of their control.

Edited by kzer_za