Favorite of each Class/Criteria: SS Edition

Doodlebug Four

Which of the following is your most personal favorite of each category in terms of character, unit, design, or all 3?:

Lord: Eirika or Ephraim

Cavalier: Seth, Franz, Forde, Kyle, or Duessel

Myrmidon: Joshua or Marisa

Thief: Colm or Rennac

Archer: Neimi or Innes

Mage: Lute or Saleh

Holy: Moulder, Artur, Natasha, or L'Arachel

Macho Man: Gilliam, Garcia, Gerik, or Dozla

Flyer: Vanessa, Tana, Cormag, or Syrene

Trainee: Ross, Amelia, or Ewan

Other: Tethys, Knoll or Myrrh

Lord: Ephraim, because "Eirika's mistake" is one of the kinds that I really hate.

Cavalier: Seth

Myrmidon: Joshua, Favorite from SS

Thief: Colm

Archer: Neimi

Mage: Artur, not super big on Lute in SS and didn't use Saleh really

Healer: Natasha, because Joshua

Knight: None, Sadly Gilliam sucked on mine

Fighter: Garcia, RIP

Mercenary: Gerik

Flyer: Tana, second favorite from SS

Trainee: Ross, don't use Ewan much and Amelia died quick on mine...

Other: Tethys

Please just put them as classes instead... Although I guess since some are very limited.

Edited by KongDude

Lord: Eirika ( I like a couple of her early chapter conversations with Seth a lot. Mostly picked because I use her in FEH than any SS related reason tbh) 

Cavalier: Seth (all the others are imitations of him - he is the most handsome, most powerful, and has the best dialogue)

Myrmidon: Joshua ( This is my least favorite class in FE, so eh. Going Joshua because of his weirdly high HP and to an extent Defense for a myrmidon)

Thief:  Rennac ( His exasperated reactions make him good foil for the crazy people he's stuck with)

Archer:  Innes (Eiraka Route - to its credit has a lot of levels with hallways / walls set up so that archers have more use than in the other GBA games. He's okay charatherwise too- manages to challenge decision making and compete with epriham without being as grating as Shinon from PoR.)

Mage:  Saleh (The God. Only lacking in the beard department).

Holy: Artur,  (pretty much the only one of them I used in a non-grind context.)

Macho Man:  (These four are collectively my favorite characters gameplaywis so it's hard to pick- Dozla is who I killed the Demon King with the first time I played though) 

Flyer: Cormag, (too slow to recruit in LTC Cormag takes the setting as seriously as the other charathers has his own rival boss to face down, and is pretty enjoyable as a unit because his defense is almost guranteed to make him archer proof even before the Iote's shield in C15. Can carry around javelin's with the best of FE8's cavaliers. )

Trainee: Ross (Best charatherwisee due to Garcia mainly, and also gets to abuse handaxes, and doesn't really worry as much about the "early on shit durability" that the other two do)

Other:  Myrrh ( Honestly I find Tethys coming on to people in certain supports to be unsettling. Myrrh doesn' have too much to elevate her above FE6/FE7 manaketes, but still carries around some emotional baggage and has a kind of understated and quite sad story. Also I'm not as afraid of her weapon durability as most people seem to be, so I enjoy  her almost limitlessly powerful combat in  the last few chapters. )

Lord: Ephraim [not even close, I like Eirika but Ephraim is my third favorite lord in the entire series]

Cavalier: Seth [Duessel comes second but not very close]

Myrmidon: Joshua

Thief: Rennac [I don't like either of them but Rennac seems more interesting]

Archer: Innes

Mage: Saleh [would be Knoll if he was here]

Holy: Natasha [Probably a tie between her and L'Archel]

Macho Man: Gilliam [too close between him and Gerik]

Flyer: Cormag

Trainee: Ewan

Other: Knoll [would give it to Myrrh if you had put Knoll in the mage category]

Lord: Ephraim.  I like Eirika's route more but Ephraim is just such a fun unit to use, being a non-sword Lord with amazing stats.

Cavalier: Franz.  Fun unit to train up, and I like his support with Amelia.

Myrmidon: Joshua.  For some reason Marisa is the one female myrmidon I really don't like, even though she's kinda similar to Fir, who is one of my favorite characters in the whole series.  Joshua has great relationships with other characters - I particularly like his history with Caellach.

Thief: Eh I really don't like either of them.  Probably Rennac because him being dragged around by L'Arachel is funny at least some of the time.

Archer: Don't like the archers either, but I'll pick Neimi since she's not a massive prick like Innes.

Mage: Lute.  Saleh is just not-as-cool-Pent.

Holy: Natasha

Macho Man: Gerik

Flyer: Close between Tana and Cormag...gonna have to go Cormag because of getting his revenge on Valter and also his supports showing his softer side (he saved a kitten and brought it to Natasha to heal!)

Trainee: Amelia

Other: Tethys.  I prefer dancers that have more of an outgoing personality like her, Lalam, and Sylvia to more shy ones like Ninian or Olivia.

Lord: Ephraim.

Cavalier: Franz.

Mage: Lute.

Holy: Natasha, with L'arachel close behind. The other two just aren't in contention.

Nacho Man: Gerik, of course. The others just can't compete, and that goes double for the slowpoke axe users (Gilliam at least has his uses early on).

Flyer: Tana.

Other: Tethys

Lord: Ephraim and Eirika

Cavalier: I like everyone actually...

Thief: Colm, easily

Anima: Lute (that girl hits like a nuke)

Light: I'd go with L'Arachel since she's funny

MANLY DUDES: Gerik, for sure...

Flyer: Tana; and when trained... she hits like a Tana bricks! lol bad pun

Others: Tethys, can't say no to Dancer utility

Lord: Eirika

Cavalier: Seth best unit

Myrmidon: Joshua by far

Thief: Rennac

Archer: Innes by far

Mage: Saleh

Holy: L'arachel yay Valkyrie

Macho Man: Gerik very macho

Flyer: Tana

Other: Myrrh

I like the cavs and fliers mostly, probably cause I use them the most

• 4 weeks later...

Lord: Ephraim

Cavalier: Forde (I'm weird, I'm aware)

Archer: Innes

Mage: Lute

Holy: MOULDER THE BOULDER

Macho Men: Gerik

Flyer: Cormag

Other: Knoll. Summons are good for baiting enemies, but he's horrendous as a unit.

Lord: Summoner Trashmelia

Cavalier: Kyle because i like his stats, Franz because he's good and I hardly use any early game units so I kinda need him, Duessel because I like him as a character

Myrmidon: Joshua, why would you ever use Marisa

Thief: Both, they're both the type of guy you could just hang out with

Archer: Innes, Neimi is terrible

Mage: Saleh, basically outclasses Lute because his bases will almost always be better than Lute's stats by that point in the game and Lute rarely will ever be that much better than him as the game goes on anyways

Holy: Moulder, total savage and godly unit, Natasha and L'Arachel are pretty bad or mediocre too

Macho Man: Gerik is broken so I like using him and I like Dozla because he's a total savage. I appreciate Garcia too though because he's another early game unit I actually use

Flier: Tana, always ends up as my best flier, Vanessa gets stat screwed every run and Syrene joins super late. I love Cormag too though.

Trainee: Summoner Ewan is fun

Other: Knoll is a baller

Lord: Ephraim (Who else?)

Cavalier: Forde

Myrmidon: Joshua, less of a headache to recruit then Marisa

Thief: Rennac

Archer: Nether

Mage: Saleh. Why question it?

Holy: Moulder and his priestly con.

Macho Man: Dozla because he's ignorant of Rennac's issues and the fact he's funny without realizing it.

Flyer: Vanessa. I never had much of an issue trying to keep her alive compared to Tana.

Trainee: Amelia, on Erika's route. Ross on Ephraim's route.

Other: Tethys. She dances. enough said.

Lord: Eirika

Cavalier: Seth. The sun rises and sets when General Seth tells it to.

Myrmidon: Joshua. 1/2 of the deadly duo, Thunder and Lightning

Thief: Both are great utility units. Colm I guess because of earlier availability and better at combat.

Archer: Innes. Prince Leo with Bow.

Mage: Lute

Holy: Moulder's stache

Macho Man: Gerik. The Hero of Heroes and the other 1/2 of Thunder and Lightning. Easily the best support for crit-happy Joshua.

Flyer: Cormag. I leveled this guy for the sole purpose of killing Valter. Their battle convo on Eirika's route is pretty epic.

Trainee: Berserker Ross. The OHKO machine.

Other: Tethys. Can't go wrong with dancers

• 1 month later...

Lord: Ephraim

Cavalier: Franz, Forde or Seth- Seth is secretly GOD, and Franz is just so sweet and a good kid. Forde just wants to relax bang his lord's sister and paint. let him do so

Myrmidon: Joshua or Marisa- This is a hard one as they are both so amazing. I love them both so much, and I use them differently (Swordmaster Joshua and Assassin Marisa) 

Thief: Colm- His relationship with Neimi really redeemed him in my eyes, as I thought he was just kind of a prick

Archer: Neimi or Innes- Also a hard one. As a unit, Neimi isn't as good, but I love her relationship with Colm and her friendship with Amelia

Mage: Lute- Xxl00txX. Nuff said

Holy: Natasha or L'Arachel- Natasha is so nice and sweet, but L'Arachel is.... L'Arachel

Macho Man: Gerik- Ghast did a support science that essentially sums up why I love Gerik

Flyer: Vanessa, Tana, Cormag - I just don't like Syrene as much as these three. I can't really choose between these as I rarely use fliers :\

Trainee: Amelia- Amelia is so precious and needs protection and Franz and her are adorbs together. Fight me

Other: Tethys, Knoll or Myrrh- why you gotta make me choose between dancersis, the victim of a tome-thief, and dragon-daughter?