Favorite of Each Class/Category: Awakening Edition

Doodlebug Four

1 hour ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

i don't like using donnel but he's a savage. also seliph more bland than lucina lul

I dunno how high (or more to the point, low) your standards are for considering someone a "savage", but Donnel most definitely fails to meet mine. And I dunno what you're trying to "lul" over, pretty much everything Jugdral is bland. I'd have better much trying to find a needle in a haystack than trying to find a non-boring Jugdral character.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

6 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I dunno how high (or more to the point, low) your standards are for considering someone a "savage", but Donnel most definitely fails to meet mine. And I dunno what you're trying to "lul" over, pretty much everything Jugdral is bland. I'd have better much trying to find a needle in a haystack than trying to find a non-boring Jugdral character.

have you ever played either of the jugdral games? they have easily the best stories of any fire emblem games. leaf is the best written lord in the franchise. the jugdral games also have some of the best written villains in the series. arvis and travant are great villains, especially arvis who is the best villain in any fire emblem game. as for other interesting characters i feel like quan and sigurd were both pretty well written characters. lewyn was also a really good character. pretty much every character who got screen time in the dialogue of genealogy was great. the talk conversations also let some characters who didn't get much screen time develop just a little bit and show some personality and most the side characters were very enjoyable as well.

25 minutes ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

have you ever played either of the jugdral games? they have easily the best stories of any fire emblem games. leaf is the best written lord in the franchise. the jugdral games also have some of the best written villains in the series. arvis and travant are great villains, especially arvis who is the best villain in any fire emblem game. as for other interesting characters i feel like quan and sigurd were both pretty well written characters. lewyn was also a really good character. pretty much every character who got screen time in the dialogue of genealogy was great. the talk conversations also let some characters who didn't get much screen time develop just a little bit and show some personality and most the side characters were very enjoyable as well.

No, because their gameplay is a steaming pile of manure. And even if it were true, having the best story of any FE game ain't nearly enough to make up for ho-hum gameplay - the mechanics, among other things, just dissuade me from thinking Genealogy and Thracia are anything other than unplayable. So as far as I'm concerned, you're telling me "don't look at this part of the game that makes it look bad, instead look at this part of the game that makes it look good!".

7 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

No, because their gameplay is a steaming pile of manure. And even if it were true, having the best story of any FE game ain't nearly enough to make up for ho-hum gameplay - the mechanics, among other things, just dissuade me from thinking Genealogy and Thracia are anything other than unplayable. So as far as I'm concerned, you're telling me "don't look at this part of the game that makes it look bad, instead look at this part of the game that makes it look good!".

this is a discussion about characters not gameplay, but yes the gameplay of genealogy and thracia is not for everyone and they both have their problems. they're not unplayable games though

21 minutes ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

this is a discussion about characters not gameplay, but yes the gameplay of genealogy and thracia is not for everyone and they both have their problems. they're not unplayable games though

Even so, Jugdral isn't winning any awards in the characters department from me - in fact, I'd give it a failing grade in the characters department, like it gets a big fat F in the gameplay department. And when I deem both the characters and gameplay lacking, that's not a good sign... Also, I don't agree on them not being unplayable, since the bloated maps, among other things, make FE4 a huge slog to play through, and there are some things about FE5 that I deem completely inexcusable.

hey hey hey

Lord: Chrom

Tactician: Robin

Cavalier: Stahl

Mercenary: Inigo

Hero: Flavia

Myrmidon: Owain

Thief: Anna

Fighter: Vaike

Wyvern: Cherche

Knight: Kjelle

Pegasus: Sumia

Mage: Emmeryn

Dark Mage: Tharja

Cleric/Monk/Troubadour line: Maribelle

Archer: Virion

Taguel: Panne

Manakete: Nowi

Unique: Olivia

11 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Even so, Jugdral isn't winning any awards in the characters department from me - in fact, I'd give it a failing grade in the characters department, like it gets a big fat F in the gameplay department. And when I deem both the characters and gameplay lacking, that's not a good sign... Also, I don't agree on them not being unplayable, since the bloated maps, among other things, make FE4 a huge slog to play through, and there are some things about FE5 that I deem completely inexcusable.

how does it completely fail in the characters department? the jugdral games have two of the best written lords in the franchise and by far the best villain in the franchise as well. what lord is better than leaf or sigurd? what villain is better than arvis?

1 minute ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

how does it completely fail in the characters department? the jugdral games have two of the best written lords in the franchise and by far the best villain in the franchise as well. what lord is better than leaf or sigurd? what villain is better than arvis?

Simple - there's almost no one in Jugdral that I actually like. As for its lords, I can easily think of better than Sigurd - almost everyone else. Villains? Give me Sephiran any day of the week.

Lord: Lucina

Tactician: Robin

Cavalier: Stahl

Mercenary: Gregor

Hero: Flavia

Myrmidon: Lon'qu

Thief: Gaius

Fighter: Basilio

Wyvern: Cherche

Knight: Kellam

Pegasus: Sumia or Cynthia

Mage: Laurent