Confused about parallel classes

Alastor15243

So I understand that there's this system where in the event of a pairing, friendship or parenting inheritance having no new classes for you, the game will throw you an opposite-nation class. I thought this might be a cool way to get some more Nohrian classes available for, say, a birthright mounted-only run. But when I looked up parallel classes, it was really unclear about whether it's the primary or the secondary class that gets converted, and after realizing that my Mozu paired up with Takumi didn't actually get any new classes from a partner seal at all, I don't think I really understand how this works. So I thought I'd ask if somebody could explain how it works to me and, more to the point, if there's any way to use this system to get myself any Bow knights, dark knights, or wyverns in Birthright without the avatar?

They get their Partner/Friend's primary class. So there wouldn't be any way to get these classes without the Avatar on Birthright.

Mozu doesn't get anything from Takumi because his primary class is Archer, which is already part of Mozu's class set. Archer also doesn't promote to Bow Knight.

If you wanted Mozu to get something like Bow Knight, she'd need to pair with somebody like Niles or Laslow, since Outlaw and Mercenary both promote to Bow Knight. Or Odin or Nyx if you want her to become a Dark Knight. But again, these would only be available on Conquest or Revelation.

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

They get their Partner/Friend's primary class. So there wouldn't be any way to get these classes without the Avatar on Birthright.

Mozu doesn't get anything from Takumi because his primary class is Archer, which is already part of Mozu's class set. Archer also doesn't promote to Bow Knight.

If you wanted Mozu to get something like Bow Knight, she'd need to pair with somebody like Niles or Laslow, since Outlaw and Mercenary both promote to Bow Knight. Or Odin or Nyx if you want her to become a Dark Knight. But again, these would only be available on Conquest or Revelation.

No, see, there's this thing in the game where, say, Nyx and Niles marry and then since they both have dark mage and outlaw and thus there's no third class to give Nina, she winds up getting diviner from Nyx instead of the redundant dark mage. And I'm wondering if there's anything you can do with that on Birthright to get characters with Nohrian mounted classes.

Just now, Alastor15243 said:

No, see, there's this thing in the game where, say, Nyx and Niles marry and then since they both have dark mage and outlaw and thus there's no third class to give Nina, she winds up getting diviner from Nyx instead of the redundant dark mage. And I'm wondering if there's anything you can do with that on Birthright to get characters with Nohrian mounted classes.

Oh. That I am unsure of. I'd assume not, but I also wouldn't assume Nina would get Diviner, so I dunno.

Looking at the wiki, it doesn't look like any of the Birthright kids can inherit a parallel class like that.

Looking throught the wiki, the ones I found where:

1. you can make Shigure a wyvern rider by making Jacob his father
  2. Calori can become a Troubadour by making Azura her mother
  3. Dwyer can become a bow knight by making Felicia his mother

All of those kids already have a mount available anyway though.

59 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Looking throught the wiki, the ones I found where:

1. you can make Shigure a wyvern rider by making Jacob his father
  2. Calori can become a Troubadour by making Azura her mother
  3. Dwyer can become a bow knight by making Felicia his mother

All of those kids already have a mount available anyway though.

I think that third one is just because Felicia's secondary class is mercenary, but the others are good to know!

I think Subaki can Partner Seal and Hinoka can Friendship Seal Azura for the wonders known as the Troubadour line - they're already in a mounted class so maybe not useful for your run.

(If my understanding of the system is correct; I can't find a source for this,) Orochi can Partner Seal and Hayato can Friendship Seal Kaden for Apothecary - gives Hayato Mechanist access.

6 minutes ago, Dean said:

I think Subaki can Partner Seal and Hinoka can Friendship Seal Azura for the wonders known as the Troubadour line - they're already in a mounted class so maybe not useful for your run.

(If my understanding of the system is correct; I can't find a source for this,) Orochi can Partner Seal and Hayato can Friendship Seal Kaden for Apothecary - gives Hayato Mechanist access.

Shoot! that's what I was afraid of, that it was the primary class that was used for the parallel and not the secondary one when that didn't work. I was hoping doing those things you mentioned could get hinoka the wyvern rider class, or Hayato/Orochi the dark mage class.

11 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Shoot! that's what I was afraid of, that it was the primary class that was used for the parallel and not the secondary one when that didn't work. I was hoping doing those things you mentioned could get hinoka the wyvern rider class, or Hayato/Orochi the dark mage class.

That would be nice! But considering that Arthur receives Outlaw from A+ Keaton and not Oni Savage fun times, it looks like it's parallel to the primary class.

10 minutes ago, Agro said:

The system mostly refers to the kids, unfortunately. Percy will get Pegasus Knight from Beruka though.

The way I understand it works with children is that the father (regardless of who is the variable parent) gives their classes first, then the mother tries to give her class, and if the child already has both classes that the mother is capable of passing down, then the mother passes down the parallel class of their primary class. Is that correct?

1 hour ago, Agro said:

Percy will get Pegasus Knight from Beruka though.

Makes a great Rallybot. Str, Spd, and Def are the ones you'd want most of the time and Percy gets them from this pairing. Percy can A+ Dwyer for Res, and marry Nina/Soleil for Skill, or on Rev marry Rhajat/Mitama for Magic and even Luck. A one stop Rally machine with wings!

Of course Percy makes a great combat unit with a different mother. You gotta choose well.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Makes a great Rallybot. Str, Spd, and Def are the ones you'd want most of the time and Percy gets them from this pairing. Percy can A+ Dwyer for Res, and marry Nina/Soleil for Skill, or on Rev marry Rhajat/Mitama for Magic and even Luck. A one stop Rally machine with wings!

Of course Percy makes a great combat unit with a different mother. You gotta choose well.

Okay, I officially know what I'm doing with Percy on my 2-generation run. And he's gonna marry midori too, so he'll basically be rallyman with replicate.

Sill think Laslow's a tiny bit better though, if only beause of that slightly better strength and speed rally and because he can also double as your chest man in the likely event that Kaze and Niles aren't cutting it. And also because you'd practically have to jump through hoops in order to not have Rally Resistance in your party.

Edited by Alastor15243

2 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

The way I understand it works with children is that the father (regardless of who is the variable parent) gives their classes first, then the mother tries to give her class, and if the child already has both classes that the mother is capable of passing down, then the mother passes down the parallel class of their primary class. Is that correct?

Sort of - dad passes down his primary class first. If the child already has that class then they get dad's secondary class (therefore, Percy does not get Cavalier from Arthur etc.). Then they get mum's primary class. If that primary class was already passed down by dad, or the child already has that class, then they get mum's secondary class. If the secondary class is also already owned by the child, then they get a parallel class. It's designed such that every child always gets 3 heart seal options (including their first class) regardless of parentage.

Edited by Agro

19 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

So I understand that there's this system where in the event of a pairing, friendship or parenting inheritance having no new classes for you, the game will throw you an opposite-nation class. I thought this might be a cool way to get some more Nohrian classes available for, say, a birthright mounted-only run. But when I looked up parallel classes, it was really unclear about whether it's the primary or the secondary class that gets converted, and after realizing that my Mozu paired up with Takumi didn't actually get any new classes from a partner seal at all, I don't think I really understand how this works. So I thought I'd ask if somebody could explain how it works to me and, more to the point, if there's any way to use this system to get myself any Bow knights, dark knights, or wyverns in Birthright without the avatar?

If a unit cannot under any condition pass their primary or secondary class then a parallel class is passed.

Example: Percy gets peg knight from Beruka, Nina gets Diviner from Nyx, etc.

Rallybot Percy is lame. Darting blow + stack on WL/Be is extremely good though.

(Best rallybot is Arthur!Shigure, his stats are kana tier so combat is a no-go, he gets str/def/res/speed/skill and izana gives mag+luck. He also sits in a class with staves and heals on rally so it's a lot of deployment compression. Laslow's personal stacks with other rallys even when he's not the one rallying so making him a bot is eh outside of postgame, and in postgame you just use replicate+warp+3 rally Azura)

Edited by joshcja

3 hours ago, joshcja said:

Laslow's personal stacks with other rallys even when he's not the one rallying so making him a bot is eh outside of postgame, and in postgame you just use replicate+warp+3 rally Azura)

But women can't get rally spectrum. If we're talking postgame Laslow still sounds way better, especially since he can still get warp via the witches' trial if flight isn't enough.

Edited by Alastor15243

2 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

But women can't get rally spectrum. If we're talking postgame Laslow still sounds way better, especially since he can still get warp via the witches' trial if flight isn't enough.

Postend team composition is really tight.

The bar none most effective build is pure beatdown and it looks something like....

You have lead falco(replicate, move+1/sblow/darting, Cblow, LoD, Aggressor/Proc)+support (repwarp-Azura)+3killbots (Warpkiller is basicly always better than repkiller, Cblow, Aggressor/Proc, LoD, spendthrift eats 4 slots, so it's either or, rep has to make due with mounted damage, warp can use sorc/zerk/Snipe. Unpaired Sorc/zerk/Snipe outdamages paired mounts unless the mounts are Trust build.) or lead falco+support+gale&sblow!antilead+2 killbots. Dancer with rep compresses roles and dancer with warp auto-wins against any setup not running warpdance.

Adding another support means you can and will fizzle on the turn you go off and face a counterwipe. +3/+3 aint worth that when killbot single-hit raw damage no-proc is 110+ off +7 braves and proc is 130+ off the same, at arbitrary high % crit.

It's not like cracking a replica for rallys is even a sure thing for not-repspam-setups. It's just there to crack bulky comps like Trust, Lethality, or that one asshat who brings pavgies fsr.

Pretty much every strong comp runs Gen3 Kana!Leadfalco+Utility!Azura though.

(QuioxticUnity builds are bad and lose to everything but QuioxticUnity, do not use these. Trust is the good procstack, it's slow though, 2 turns of setup is a nightmare vs move+1 ft antilead builds. Miracle Midori is also a lame meme, she gets ohkoed twice.)

That said good comps and good players were hens-teeth-rare at the height of fates postend so, eh.

TL;DR: +3/+3 does not matter. If you want to raw quad fast shit use darting on Omega!Corrin/Nina/Midori/Kana.

Edited by joshcja