Parts that the voice acting made 100% better than they would be without

voice acting poll  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want full voice acting from now on?

• YES!
    • No.
    • Not sure.

Also a poll.

So we already had a thread about whether or not we liked the voice acting (I'm pretty sure), but this is a bit different. Which parts do you think are as good as they are because the voice acting really drives them home? Parts that would still be good without but not as good, or maybe meh without?

My two are Berkut's rant around the time Nuibaba gives him that "break this and Duma will summon zombies to tear your foes apart" mirror, and Boey screaming off screen about the necrodragons in the graveyard. For the former, that voice actor really nailed that performance, and the latter I cracked up at because he sounded like somebody screaming in a cartoon and you know he probably literally pissed himself in fear, which is hilarious. The first one would still be decent without the voice acting, but the second absolutely needs it imo, or else it's meh. A simple "blaaaagh!" in text form just doesn't do it justice. I wish I would've recorded it lol.

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

The voice acting made the whole game more enjoyable for me, I was able to focus more on how they felt by the way they sounded. 

Yeah, which is why we need all FE games in the future to have full voice acting.

Stuff like Mae's 'I hate when they die just before they spill the beans' or whatever, and anything involving Berkut stand out to me.

Edited by Gebby

2 hours ago, Noni said:

Maes "You're gonna pay for what you did to Celica! You're gonna pay hard!" sounded awesome. Really angry and you see how much Celica means to her.

When was this? I feel like I should remember but I don't. I just sent Celica's illusion to Alm in the Sage's Hamlet (dawwww!), if you need to know where I am. First playthrough.

I remember the "I hate it when they die before they spill the beans", but I'm thinking it might've been Gray instead?

This reminds me though, Mae imitating Masked Knight, aka

Spoiler

Conrad

in that low pitched voice was gold too.

LIES LIES LIES LIES wouldn't have been nearly as good without the VA. Pretty much any scene with Berkut would have been worse, honestly.

Alm's "And what of my peace?" toward the end was a lot more convincing with the VA than it would have been without.

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

5 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

When was this?

It's in the Finale.

Also lots of the Final Battle Quotes. Valbar manages it, to make "You are no better than Pirates" sound like a deep and profound statement.

Also, I love it, that we have Final Battle Quotes again, that are not about how everyone wants the Avatar back.

Edited by Noni

The voice acting gave most characters a more distinct personality. I don't think some of the characters would be as popular as they are if they didn't have such great voice actors. Personally, I think Berkut is totally saved by his voice actor. His dialogue is nothing special and his character is shallow, but the performance of the actor makes him much more believable and relateble. Same is true for many others.

On 27/11/2017 at 9:59 PM, Noni said:

Maes "You're gonna pay for what you did to Celica! You're gonna pay hard!" sounded awesome. Really angry and you see how much Celica means to her.

This is one of the final quotes that stood out to me the most, in no small part because of the voice acting. Most of the other quotes are about the characters disagreeing with Duma and Jedah's plan, but Mae is here because someone hurt her best friend, and you can hear that she is pissed. I can't pinpoint another specific moment, but I feel like she and Boey are characters who really benefitted from the full voice acting, along with Alm's group of friends; it helped make their established friendships more believable.

Agreeing that the VA did a lot to sell Berkut's descent into madness, too. And it's not exactly a part of the script, but Delthea's VA sounding so gleeful and proud in her critical/victory quotes is a big part of what made me like her character. It made the difference between "arrogant pest" and "endearing little brat" for me.

3 hours ago, Kori said:

This is one of the final quotes that stood out to me the most, in no small part because of the voice acting. Most of the other quotes are about the characters disagreeing with Duma and Jedah's plan, but Mae is here because someone hurt her best friend, and you can hear that she is pissed. I can't pinpoint another specific moment, but I feel like she and Boey are characters who really benefitted from the full voice acting, along with Alm's group of friends; it helped make their established friendships more believable.

Agreeing that the VA did a lot to sell Berkut's descent into madness, too. And it's not exactly a part of the script, but Delthea's VA sounding so gleeful and proud in her critical/victory quotes is a big part of what made me like her character. It made the difference between "arrogant pest" and "endearing little brat" for me.

I forgot to mention this in my post, but Delthea's one of my favorites too, largely because of her VA.

Mae gave me life. Easily one of my favorite characters, the voice acting helped so much. Clair's VA really fit her personality too, imo. And of course, Berkut's lines were really amazing with the VA. I really want to see full VA now, it brings the game more alive.

also shoutout to delthea's VA, she was really funny with 'booo-ring' and delthea's battle quotes.