Persona 5 Mafia - Game Over

SB.

well uh

I'm not as spammy cuz it's been a while and I didn't want to be annoying and post when I essentially had nothing game-worthy to say x: since there's lots of new players here I didn't wanna come off Obnoxious I guess.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BBM said:

Almost Certainly Town:

Via because there's no way they'd be so motivated as scum. they're so motivated in this game that they feel obligated to post every other day apologizing for being busy and doctor's appointments and stuff

Probably Town:

kirsche: I thought his case against me was one of the better ones. Also I don't think scum kirsche would go to the effort of writing that gigantic Prims case just to kill him that night. if he did he probably deserves to win tbh

Mack: this role is most likely town

Is your post of Quote sarcasm?

So have you considered perhaps Kirsche wrote that case as scum knowing that Prims would die so he wouldn't have to back it up? 

Hey thats me.

2 minutes ago, BBM said:

Probably Town:

kirsche: I thought his case against me was one of the better ones. Also I don't think scum kirsche would go to the effort of writing that gigantic Prims case just to kill him that night. if he did he probably deserves to win tbh

Probably Town but I'm paranoid:

Refa: there isn't actually anything scummy he's done but I'm a little skeptical that the Prims wagon was all town because I feel like scum would have tried to take the chance to mislynch a good player. I'm also paranoid that he's not dead given literally nobody even had a suspicion of him on D1 but I guess he was an obvious doc target?

Remaining People:

Baldrick, Shinori, Michelaar, Bartozio, Sully

Baldrick and Shinori are completely plausible scumbuddies and should be lynched first (note that despite all of Shinori's outrage towards Baldrick he is currently not voting him). I currently think that in a vacuum Michelaar and Bartozio are more likely to be scum than Sully because Sully's later cases have been better and more like what I would think new players would make. HOWEVER I don't think a scumteam of Baldrick, Shinori, and either Michelaar or Bartozio is plausible because there would be way too much in-bussing. This scumteam would basically be guaranteeing a scum lynch on D2 and they wouldn't even get much towncred from it because there were already buddy suspicions between them all. So if both Baldrick and Shinori are scum the third buddy is probably Sully. If Baldrick is scum but Shinori isn't, I can see Baldrick/Michelaar/Bartozio and if Shinori is scum but Baldrick isn't I would go Shinori/Bartozio/Sully

can we get votals because Baldrick might be close to a lynch at this point

Didn't post this earlier because it didn't really draw any conclusions but I could see Scum!Kirsche writing that before they decided on a Prims nightkill (especially if they changed the nightkill target later on).  This doesn't make him scum, but I think he's one of the few people who have bad associations with Baldrick.

Me being an obvious doc target is a hoot considering the only time I've been N1'd is as mafia.  Should have docced Prims, what was our protective role even doing????

Keep in mind that Bartozio was the swing vote on Baldrick's wagon.  Assuming Scum!Baldrick, I don't get why Scum!Bartozio would switch off of a perfectly good Mackc2 case (no bias) in order to bus his buddy.  I also don't see Michelaar's interactions with Shinori as scum/scum because they both read as being genuinely frustrated, which scum wouldn't be in that scenario.

Baldrick/Shinori/Sully and Shinori/Sully/Bartozio is possible but I'm not really scumreading either Sully or Bartozio at the moment.

not sarcasm; Via is much more motivated playing as town or ITP vs mafia.

it's possible wrt kirsche but it would just be so much effort when he could just go "damnit I thought Prims was scum". I also think that given that scum!kirsche would likely be by far the most experienced player on the scumteam he'd be the one calling the shot on who to NK so it's unlikely he would write a case on Prims and then change his mind and decide to kill him

do you guys actually think kirsche is scum or are you just objecting against my reasons for townreading him?

sigh

##unvote: mack

probably just gonna vote baldrick but I'm waiting for votals first. will do a reread in the meantime. frustrated with myself because I was reading shinori as town but now I'm not even sure 

Votals 2.4

Baldrick (6): BBM, Marth, Mackc2, Bartozio, Refa, SullyMcGully
Bartozio (1): kirsche
Shinori (1): Baldrick
SullyMcGully (1): Michelaar
Michelaar (1): Shinori

Not Voting (1): Via

With 11 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 8 to hammer. Phase ends in 47 hours and 20 minutes.

@SullyMcGully 
please use ## tags before your vote because I use ctrl+f in order to track them and without it it's easy to miss.

Holy hell Mack.

13 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I don't know how legit this whole "hidden player" thing is... like, I literally have no idea. I really need to rethink this all, it's making my head explode. 

For now, I'm a bit less suspicious of Mack. I hate to hold back and not give my opinion on this, but I'd really like to hear from the professional players about the legitimacy of Mack's roleclaim before saying anything, because I now know nothing. I did not know this could happen in Mafia. 

In short, I'm confused. 

I shouldn't count as an experienced player, but I consider this to be so far fetched it very unlikely to be made up...

13 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Unvote

Vote: Baldrick

Wow, I must have misread something. You're right, that does matter a lot.

Um, I said the bolded part. Does it look like I was quoting someone? Did you mean to bold the part right after that?

I only read Kemono friends once, and my memory's kinda hazy about certain aspects, but didn't Michelaar post a lot more there than he has here?

This is embarassing.

You said "from what I've heard so far". That makes it sound like other people were saying he was less active, as opposed to you coming to that conclusion.

I think his content was similar, but that's just me speaking from memory as well.

@Sully: I can't believe Mack would come up with this hidden player nonsense out of the blue as scum (hidden players have existed before). He's come up with a bunch of stuff anyway and if it sounds like PB to other people it's prob PB. This means he probably can contact PB somehow. Dunno why Scum!Mack would claim that now but I'm not sure why Town!Mack would either. At the very least the threat of lynching two townies is way too great.

@Via: why do you think Mack is scum?

my reason for voting mack was earlier & I was so sure their tone in that one post was scum doing that thing I was talking about

I don't think their claim is a scum claim but it kind of sounds like a role that'd really fuck up the scum later. I guess mack did say maf has their pm so

I can't believe I came to a coffee shop specifically so I would work instead of playing mafia and I ended up playing mafia for an hour anyways

tbh I think Baldrick should claim because with the Mack claim I can't see myself voting for anybody else today unless Baldrick is like a cop or vig

19 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

So first read was on Balderick, general impressions is they where all bark and no bite, generally their posts where on the scarser side, the talk on almost every page indicating they check the page often but they make an average of about 1-2 posts per page, not too bad but not fantastic. So multiple complaints firstly, their votes just seem all over the place and have little to do with what they say their suspicions are. Namely they vote park on Ken for the whole beginning while talking about how suspicious they find Shinori and Marth, (1) mostly Marth. I think their case on Shinori was mostly that the vote change was sus (I don't really agree) and maybe I am just stupid or maybe I missed it but I don't know what their problem with marth was besides that it felt like he was disinterested (something Balderick admitted he felt himself).  There is also something about the way they treat the Ken Masters sub that rubs me the wrong way, they swap their vote off him before he even says anything despite the fact that "He was most suspicious of Ken." swapping the player doesn't swap the role, if Ken is suspicious then Gaius is just as suspicious, yet apparently he starts from square one? I don't know what you where trying to pull but town would have thought of the role not the player.  (3)
Almost forgot one last thing, it felt that they where ignoring the general goings on in the game and tunnelling Shinori, Marth and Ken. 

##Vote: Balderick

Also @Refa there was something I was curious about, when the guy not playing posted you mentioned SB might sub him in as a hidden player, are hidden players a common thing, and what are they?

(1) Paperblade said I was doing nothing and that I suddenly had Marth/Shinori suspicions when Gaius subbed in.

(2) A clumsy explanation of why the cases were bad. Did Paperblade really agree to this, and if so, why is he saying I did nothing earlygame? Indeed, Paperblade isn't even attacking my reads now, he's just saying I was ignoring the rest of the game.

Now consider Mackc's D1

D1, Mackc unvoted Shinori saying he needed to read more. He said he was reading me because I bothered him, but it turned up nothing so he voted Ken

Paperblade is obviously scumreading my D1 play, why did Mackc mention I bothered him, then vote the person I was voting?

Was Paperblade screaming at him not to vote with the scummiest player in the game? No, that can't be right, Paperblade agrees with Mackc's reads.

There are too many inconsistencies here. It's fake, and I don't see why town would fake it.

##unvote

##vote: Mackc2

@everyone

If you do nothing else this phase, read the above post and decide whether mackc2 could be lying. If most of the game thinks Mackc is telling the truth, then I'm done.

7 minutes ago, BBM said:

it's possible wrt kirsche but it would just be so much effort when he could just go "damnit I thought Prims was scum". I also think that given that scum!kirsche would likely be by far the most experienced player on the scumteam he'd be the one calling the shot on who to NK so it's unlikely he would write a case on Prims and then change his mind and decide to kill him

do you guys actually think kirsche is scum or are you just objecting against my reasons for townreading him?

Not sure I follow, I'm not seeing how Via is very motivated it feels like all they've done is say they have been busy so I'm a bit confused does he have a reputation for doing nothing? 

Me and paperblade are raising an objection against your town read, he is an experienced player I wouldn't put it past him to make a post like that to get a bit of town cred, would you have thought the same you did if he had of just said "I think Prims is scum."?

3 minutes ago, kirsche said:

@Sully: I can't believe Mack would come up with this hidden player nonsense out of the blue as scum (hidden players have existed before). He's come up with a bunch of stuff anyway and if it sounds like PB to other people it's prob PB. This means he probably can contact PB somehow. Dunno why Scum!Mack would claim that now but I'm not sure why Town!Mack would either. At the very least the threat of lynching two townies is way too great.

I gave myself away when I asked Refa about the hidden player, mafia have a copy of my role so if someone says something about a hidden player they would probably try to kill them, besides pressure was getting to me now. (and Paperblade made me do it) 

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Holy hell Mack.

Wouldn't be the first time I have revealed a strong role early game

i guess it's possible scum could have a role in which they are a medium for a townie but that's kind of really weird

@BBM

Maybe one of his buddies thought it up.

Please, I want you to look at Paperblade's read on me, Mackc's vote on Ken D1 after saying he had nothing on me, and decide whether you believe they were in communication.

1 minute ago, BBM said:

ITP!Via confirmed!  @Quote Are you hostile or non hostile?

Yeah, that's true.  I didn't think about him being the most likely one to decide the night kill.

I wasn't scumreading him but I could see him as being scumbuddies with Baldrick/Shinori.  I don't think your reason for townreading him is bad (I agreed w/it earlier on in the day), but it feels like you're not bothering to analyze him because of that.

Do you think I'm dismissing Sully too easily?  He's probably the only player on your PoE that I'm not bothered by purely because I'm not scumreading him.

Just now, Mackc2 said:

Not sure I follow, I'm not seeing how Via is very motivated it feels like all they've done is say they have been busy so I'm a bit confused does he have a reputation for doing nothing? 

i have not been doing nothing. dont say that. im sensitive to being called useless and it's varients dont do that thanks.