Persona 5 Mafia - Game Over

SB.

Yeah I'll echo Refa in asking what exactly about Bartozio's wording Marth doesnt like, since the wording seems fairly normal to me. It seems more like he's just voting due to Bart's position on the wagon more than anything, which I feel is lazy.

I initially voted for Prims because he talked about Sully more than he talked about Marth despite voting for Marth, which I thought was a bit weird, and I had an RVS vote down at the time. But it wasnt a big thing.

Mack hasnt been scum before I think. His post reads like someone getting a bit nervous under pressure to me, even if it isnt serious pressure.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Well, inexperienced town has to figure out how to push people too, right? I know keeping my vote on Bart isn't going to make him reveal anything at this point, but I don't see the point of voting for the other person of who I am suspicious, that being Ken. My reasons for suspecting Ken are as basic and useless as "that's what the more experienced players are doing", but Ken already has more votes than anyone else and I don't have any other reasons to suspect him. I just feel like at this point in the game nothing is really conclusive, and I would prefer to let the more experienced players do the early pushing while I continue to build my opinions.

I considered you being inexperienced town, but your reluctance to vote and (more importantly) you being more reactive than proactive is more likely to come from scum.  If your vote on Bartozio is an RVS vote and you're suspicious of Ken (I don't care if your reasoning is weak, it's ED1), then why are you voting him over Ken?  Having more votes than anyone doesn't make Ken more or less likely to be scum.  For the record, I don't think you not being bothered by anyone is scummy.  Ken is in a similar position and I'm not bothered by him.  It's your "I'm going to hang back and let other people play the game until I form some solid opinions" stance that is scummy, especially since 1) it's an easy stance for scum to take and doesn't help town and 2) like I said earlier, more likely to come from inexperienced scum.

14 minutes ago, BBM said:

I initially voted for Prims because he talked about Sully more than he talked about Marth despite voting for Marth, which I thought was a bit weird, and I had an RVS vote down at the time. But it wasnt a big thing.

Mack hasnt been scum before I think. His post reads like someone getting a bit nervous under pressure to me, even if it isnt serious pressure.

Fair enough.

Didn't get that impression from Mack's post myself, but I'll reserve judgement until he makes an actual post.

15 hours ago, Quote said:

after actually reading the thread im gutvibing refa more

##unvote ##vote: refa

Yo Quote, when you get back, what exactly made you think Refa after like, 1 page?

I guess those are fair points. Really, though, there hasn't been enough posting for me to get any untoward vibes from anybody. For now, though

##Unvote

##Vote: Kirsche

Being late is about the only thing that could rub me the wrong way at this point. 

Idk about the Sully case; I disagree with the premise that newbscum are more likely than newbtown to do the 'just gonna hang on and wait for a while' thing. I also dont see a big distinction between that and not being bothered by anyone much. The former is just a wordy way of expressing the latter.

Sully, being late is just being late. It's not alignment indicative.

on mobile at doc's office will be back later

I don't know any meta or anything anymore so anyone arguing that will be null to me but the way refa questioned sully looked like trying hard to make content to look town (i know it's ed1 but my point stands)

reading further I'm not getting scumvibes from sully anymore although I don't know what to think about voting someone for being late, if that is a decisively clumsy newbtown move or newbscum looking for something to do that will make them look like they're thinking critically 

I'm getting my ear drained brb

@refa; I think the difference between those posts in Kemono friends and Sully's play so far is that the former reads like a deliberate plan to give nothing away, and the latter seems genuinely unsure how to proceed.

@sully; there are a few people sheeping (copying) another person's vote. Can you tell me what you make of their thought processes?

will respond to Ken in a bit.

13 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

@refa; I think the difference between those posts in Kemono friends and Sully's play so far is that the former reads like a deliberate plan to give nothing away, and the latter seems genuinely unsure how to proceed.

why do they read that way to you?

8 hours ago, Ken Masters said:

I think it was pretty clear I was not. I called him a meanie, lmao

It wasn't to me, so I asked. But I'll take it at face value.

4 hours ago, Ken Masters said:

With so little yo go on you can't possibly expect anyone having a serious suspicion on someone. Tho if it makes you feel better, in my experience the people who ask other for their scumtells and give none of themselves, are usually Mafia fishing for lines of thought.

Obviously thre's a higher chance is just a way to generate activity, since a silent town is a dead town and and yadda-yadda, but since you ask me based on like, 1 or 2 interactions, I'll say you.

But serious suspicion? Come on man, that ain't happening until a bit later today. I don't like to just spread bullets over the first spooky looking post

This is way too defensive for my liking, seeing as Marth has some reads, albeit minor, and you do not.

I highly recommend you get some, I don't care if you think they're weak.

@refa; they are fairly chatty, and open about their intentions. That kind of scum play is based on a fear of pressure, and from their tone they don't seem overly worried about the pressure on them.

Well I'm awake now

15 hours ago, BBM said:

The vote is either a gut feeling (based on what exactly, his confirmation post???) or a random/joke vote, but it can't be both. It kind of reads like backpedaling

I have to wonder if you are misconstruing my words on purpose or if the sarcasm in my post just didn't get across very well, of course it was a joke vote, I just wanted to make another joke before revealing it was a joke. If three people really thought that I was serious and aren't just reading whats convenient then I really need to work on my jokes.

Now @Michelaar you said you didn't  agree that Sully was suspicious, promptly voted shinori with no explanation and vanished any reason for that?

##Unvote 
##Vote:Michelaar

I'll... accept that the Prims thing was a joke even though it didn't really read like one, but I don't really get your Michelaar vote. Michelaar said in his post that it was because Shinori hadn't posted yet (which isn't a great reason but it was still borderline RVS). What's your opinion on Sully, Ken, etc.? 

Oh your right, I didn't notice that. Woops.
I don't find Sully suspicious as it has become a joke in the counting thread that Bartozio must be voted first, even if they said they kept it because they can't find another scum read I really don't think their lying because I am not picking up any scumreads or things that make me overly suspicious of anyone. 
Ken Masters doesn't really bother me either because they where just being serious during the RVS, sure I'll agree its slightly sus but nothing major and their follow up really didn't bother me. 

3 hours ago, Refa said:

For the record, I don't think you not being bothered by anyone is scummy.  Ken is in a similar position and I'm not bothered by him.  It's your "I'm going to hang back and let other people play the game until I form some solid opinions" stance that is scummy, especially since 1) it's an easy stance for scum to take and doesn't help town and 2) like I said earlier, more likely to come from inexperienced scum.

I don't dissagree with you finding Sully scummy for this, but didn't Ken make a similar statement as well? The difference is that Ken is saying it's to early for reads, while Sully is saying he'll let the experienced players handle thing for now until he gets some reads.

The end result is pretty much the same (they both want to wait longer before posting reads), so why does it bother you less for Ken?

I personaly feel Ken's post is slightly more harmful for town because it somewhat discourages people from posting reads, so I'm going to keep my vote there for now.

About the Mack case, the prims vote felt like a joke vote to me (how could he possibly have a real gut feeling at that point), but I'm not a big fan of how nothing seems to be bothering him apart from a very flimsy Michelaar case imo (I think the reason for mich's vote was stated quite well). Still more suspicious of Ken though.

Votals 1.2

Ken Masters (3): Baldrick, Prims, Bartozio
Refa (2): Ken Masters, Via
Mackc2 (2): BBM, Shinori
Shinori (1): Michelaar
Bartozio (1):  Marth
SullyMcGully (1): Refa
kirsche (1): SullyMcGully
Michelaar (1): Mackc2

Not Voting (1): kirsche

With 13 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 9 to hammer. You have 48 hours and 30 minutes left in the day.

3 hours ago, BBM said:

Idk about the Sully case; I disagree with the premise that newbscum are more likely than newbtown to do the 'just gonna hang on and wait for a while' thing. I also dont see a big distinction between that and not being bothered by anyone much. The former is just a wordy way of expressing the latter.

Newb!Town are more likely to ask questions or do something it they don't understand how to scum hunt.  The distinction is that you can not be bothered by anyone and still doing things as opposed to idling in the background.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

This is way too defensive for my liking, seeing as Marth has some reads, albeit minor, and you do not.

@refa; they are fairly chatty, and open about their intentions. That kind of scum play is based on a fear of pressure, and from their tone they don't seem overly worried about the pressure on them.

I'd sheep this Ken read.

Fair enough on Sully.  I'm not fully convinced honestly, but I can see why he'd act this way as town, at least.

18 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I don't dissagree with you finding Sully scummy for this, but didn't Ken make a similar statement as well? The difference is that Ken is saying it's to early for reads, while Sully is saying he'll let the experienced players handle thing for now until he gets some reads.

The end result is pretty much the same (they both want to wait longer before posting reads), so why does it bother you less for Ken?

I personaly feel Ken's post is slightly more harmful for town because it somewhat discourages people from posting reads, so I'm going to keep my vote there for now.

About the Mack case, the prims vote felt like a joke vote to me (how could he possibly have a real gut feeling at that point), but I'm not a big fan of how nothing seems to be bothering him apart from a very flimsy Michelaar case imo (I think the reason for mich's vote was stated quite well). Still more suspicious of Ken though.

This is really my bad, I thought Ken made a post questioning people but he uh...didn't.  I'd say Ken bothers me more now actually because he's less open about his intentions.  And yeah, your argument makes sense as well.

I'm not bothered by Mackc2 making a weak vote, but I don't like how he agreed with BBM's rebuttal to his Michelaar case and then proceeded to leave his vote there anyways without updating his read at all.

Prims needs to come back.

##Unvote

##Vote: Mackc2

well I thought the initial post was a joke but the second post responding to Prims didn't read like a joke to me, is what I meant

Ken cases are good because the response to Marth is super reactionary given that Marth wasn't even voting Ken or anything, just asking him a question, and he also wasn't even the only person to ask that type of question in the thread. The only thing that gives me pause is that Marth is one of the other people I find suspicious and the interaction doesn't read like buddies.

Meh, days are long and I don't see the point on being a word machine gun the first 12 hours, if people actually believe that's scummy, then so be it. I just don't wan't this to be like my last game with 40 pages on day 1.

Goddamit don't separate my posts!

Since that's what the current drill is, I guess I'll cooperate.

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

It wasn't to me, so I asked. But I'll take it at face value.

Nah mate, you can keep your vote on me. You'll get what I think whenever I want, not the other way around

4 hours ago, Ken Masters said:

Yo Quote, when you get back, what exactly made you think Refa after like, 1 page?

missed this even though i basically responded to this alreayd, there was only one page of content to begin with lol.
refa's interactions with scully rubbed me wrong in an ed1 way
however now that we're past that i guess i'm not really feeling it anymore since he hasn't done anything beyond coaching sully publicly in thread and idk why i found that weird i guess it really was just his tone.

anyway rereading scully ed1 Again i'm getting more newbtown vibes. did agree with prims's first post though

My name is correctly capitalized, because it's an acronym for BigBangMeteor; your posts have purposefully inverted capitalization, which is extremely suspicious as it makes your posts harder to read and therefore impedes communication.

@bbm was this serious? important question.

prims's response to mack RVS vote was weird because i thought it was just an RVS vote (albeit worded in a bad way i admit but i don't see how it's much different from when i vote on ed1 gut vibe despite prims not posting yet) & as mack explained later it really just was an RVS vote which I like on their front so i think this is something worth mentioning. i dont think it reads like backpedling or whatever i really think it was just a badly-worded rvs vote and as ed1 as the case is i think that between prims-bbm-mack there Might Be A Scum Here which i'm going to look at whenever one of them flips later but right now i'm not putting my vote there yet, i want to put my vote here

##unvote refa
##vote: bartozio

Going to sheep Prims and Baldrick for now, reacting seriously to a obvious joke vote is odd.

what do you think about prims's reaction to mack's "obvious joke vote" then?

really don't know what i think about ken masters right now, was reading scum and might be willing to sheep the vote depending on how the rest of the day goes

realized i fucked up my wording in the first post sorry for the triple rapidfire

however now that we're past that i guess i'm not really feeling it anymore since he hasn't done anything beyond coaching sully publicly in thread

i meant "hasn't done anything that's rubbed me badly aside from"