Persona 5 Mafia - Game Over

SB.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it all turned out okay in the end.

Except for the part where I died. That was weird. I came in from work one day, fully expecting a Kirsche lynch, only to find out that the wagon on me that I had never taken seriously had grown by a certain Elieson and signed my death. 

But you guys did good, catching Bartozio at the last moment like that. And @Bartozio, you did good, staying inconspicuous like that. I always suspected you, but I could never really find anything to call you out on.

Congratulations on a game well played!

31 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I fricking knew it

Yeah right. 

I think he means the calf.

Also I don’t think you played badly (actually it was really good for a first game), the lynch on you was just paranoia which kind of blows when you’re on the receiving end.  Might need to work in your fact checking if you play future games though.

I don't really know how mafia can dominate town for four day phases, then town can be competent for six hours and win. Seems unfair to me, and I must be right because I'm not mafia being salty.

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

I think he means the calf.

Also I don’t think you played badly (actually it was really good for a first game), the lynch on you was just paranoia which kind of blows when you’re on the receiving end.  Might need to work in your fact checking if you play future games though.

The calf is very healthy! In fact, slightly overweight! He has really sharp teeth, though. He cut me this evening. Ouch!

Thank you for being such an understanding player, Refa. You really were my biggest coach in that game, and I wouldn't have made it as far as I did without you.

Mack also continues his trend of avoiding the lynch by claiming an important (power) role

Next time make Bartozio mason with someone like, I dunno, Prims

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

I don't really know how mafia can dominate town for four day phases, then town can be competent for six hours and win. Seems unfair to me, and I must be right because I'm not mafia being salty.

I kinda know how you feel... sorta. Again, sorry for lynching you. At the end there, I was actually really second-guessing myself about your guilt but then I thought "well, if he is scum then that pretty much clears your record" and went for it.

Sully you did great tbh, great levels of activity and a great town attitude. Had to play up how bad the misunderstandings were to get you lynched but it happens when you're new. It'll be something that'll improve with time.

4 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I kinda know how you feel... sorta. Again, sorry for lynching you. At the end there, I was actually really second-guessing myself about your guilt but then I thought "well, if he is scum then that pretty much clears your record" and went for it.

I tried to counter-wagon you even though I didn't really think you were scum, so call it even.

I'll sheep other people that you played well for your first time.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Mack also continues his trend of avoiding the lynch by claiming an important (power) role

Next time make Bartozio mason with someone like, I dunno, Prims

Yep my play was very poor this game sorry about that paperblade

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

After Day 2 I don’t think the mafia were dominating at all. Imo they let town trip over themselves and struggled when they had to try and more actively influence the gamestate.

Yeah sorry sully I was really paranoid about you. I would have switched to kirsche but I got kept overtime at work

9 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Thank you for being such an understanding player, Refa. You really were my biggest coach in that game, and I wouldn't have made it as far as I did without you.

No problem, bro.  Although that just made it feel bad when you got lynched haha.

3 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Yep my play was very poor this game sorry about that paperblade

I don't think your play was poor, you just needed to have more substantive scum reads on D1.  I feel like if you didn't get cucked by timezones and could actually talk Paperblade D1, no one would have even suspected you on D2 which means Paperblade could have become a real boy. =(

4 minutes ago, SB. said:

After Day 2 I don’t think the mafia were dominating at all. Imo they let town trip over themselves and struggled when they had to try and more actively influence the gamestate.

It's because I changed my avatar after D2 IMO.

1 minute ago, Quote said:

my manager almost won the game for scum 

Ask him to give you a bonus to compensate.

but yeah sully I don't think you played badly at all you played really well for your first game, & you were consistently active and gave a lot of effort 

yeah like if Via/Marth had been around for phase end and kirsche had gotten lynched on D3 this game wouldn't have been close

but at the same time like... if I'd misvigged on N2 this game could have easily become a scumstomp instead.

And also, I've never seen a neighbourhood be as effective as it was this game, but also I think its effect is being a bit overrated? Refa and Via were never serious lynch candidates and I don't think they would have been even without the neighbourhood. Although me being in the network stopped Via from being suspicious of me and therefore helped town focus better, I was never going to get lynched as the vig anyways. And Elie was almost mislynched because of how little he used the neighbourhood.

1 minute ago, SullyMcGully said:

No problem! At least you don't have to eat your shoelavces!

don't try to play mafia under heavy sedative medication