Weapon Refinery: Favorite Enhances

Lord_Grima

Units with a refined weapon will have this nice hue behind them. The colour depends on the type of upgrade you gave the weapon. Green is speed.

Screenshot_20171128-163444.png

On that note, I've now got this monster running around:

h4ahto8ykq001.png

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite is probably Siegmund's pursuit innate skill. 

The one's I laughed to the sheer epicness of the enhance skill were Sol Katti's and Fuujin Yumi's. (Brash Assault, Brash Assault, and Brash Assailt is the true meta)

And the effect I almost lost no nut November was towards Jaffar's Deathly Dagger. He can run; Debuffs, poison strike, savage blow, AND safely hit mages. Awesome.

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

Arya

The fuck is an Arya.

46 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

(unless the other + staves are inheritable. Are they?).

They are.

47 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Also, I'm so glad I kept my Jaffar all this time, Deathly Dagger's buff looks amazing! Not sure what exactly I'll do with him, but he just became interesting.

Set up a Galeforce sweep.

47 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

But what will Lyn use now? I would guess ATK +3 (good thing the ATK+ Squad Ace is finally here, huh?), but I could see a case for HP +5 so she has more HP in her murderzone.

Attack +3, Breath of Life 3, Savage Blow 3, Atk Smoke 3, Quickened Pulse.

49 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Also, does Lyn seem like a good Fury user now?

Death Blow 3 or Life and Death 3 are still better because her Atk stat is still low.

33 minutes ago, Solunar said:

Just so that i’m Understanding clearly, in order for the Breath weapons to use their Range=2 pick lower stat def/res effect, the dragons must have distant counter? With the exception of Lightning Breath. Or does it mean that the enemy unit just needs to have a range weapon?

The opponent just needs to have a ranged weapon. I haven't done my first upgrade yet, but I'm going to test if it works against unarmed units once I do.

32 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff... now that is a first world problem!(I'm running Spd + Res - Lucius if anyone has suggestions)

Dazzling Staff is in general the better choice unless you really want to use the unit offensively (in which case I'd still put Dazzling Staff on the weapon and use Wrathful Staff in the skill slot). The only reason I'd refine a staff for Wrathful Staff is if the unit already had Dazzling Staff learned.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dazzling Staff is in general the better choice unless you really want to use the unit offensively (in which case I'd still put Dazzling Staff on the weapon and use Wrathful Staff in the skill slot). The only reason I'd refine a staff for Wrathful Staff is if the unit already had Dazzling Staff learned.

Wrathful staff is still something only one unit comes with. I don't know about you, but I just spend one month in colourless hell and never managed to get even one Genny. Dazzling staff on it's own is great for debuffing, but my Sakura is defensive enough to take a blow if absolutely needed. I'd rather have her be useful in places besides TTs for once. 

Anyway, the new Fuujin looks pretty sweet. I wonder if the builds using it will surpass Quadkumi though.

my 5 Star +10 Azama Pain+ (dazzling staff) basicly just droped an enitre armor team to nearly 1 HP after 2 Rounds of attackng looool. 82 dmg ftw hahahahahaha. best part was they couldnt even kill him lulz. This was my entire Arena strategy, get in with Azama ===> bitch move everyone into low HP ----> let the rest finish them up. I mean even BIke can go up now against any red unit as long as Azama drops their HP to 1 lol

8 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Don't be such stuck up about order if letters. Could be worse.

I mean, it's not like it isn't already worse. You already get something like a third of the words you type wrong.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Wrathful staff is still something only one unit comes with. I don't know about you, but I just spend one month in colourless hell and never managed to get even one Genny. Dazzling staff on it's own is great for debuffing, but my Sakura is defensive enough to take a blow if absolutely needed. I'd rather have her be useful in places besides TTs for once. 

Debuffing is kind of the point of staff users, though, since most units are either too bulky to die in one round of combat or are too fast to be double attacked for a kill (or straight-up kill you on the counterattack).

Speaking as someone who has been running Wrathful Staff Elise with Hone Cavalry buffs in Tempest Trials for basically as long as Tempest Trials were a thing, there are very few things a staff user can actually kill in one round of combat.

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Well, my Elise just got way better. Doesn't need a Genny any more (good thing too, since I haven't pulled one), and she can have Desperation too!

Sure she'd want Desperation instead of a dead Genny? Killing a Genny means she can run Dazzling Wrath which is way better than Desperation because you can't get hit in the first place. :p

dVGLEGR.jpg

This is totally clear for me, after saw what the upgrade of this weapon does.
Also I could only blame my own lacking foresight. After I gave distant def today to her and oversaw what her offensiv potential is D=.

3 minutes ago, Stroud said:

dVGLEGR.jpg

This is totally clear for me, after saw what the upgrade of this weapon does.
Also I could only blame my own lacking foresight. After I gave distant def today to her and oversaw what her offensiv potential is D=.

I'm still trying to decide between the attack and defense upgrade. Though defense would go nicely with bonfire.

Things I am looking forward to...

Sol Katti: Built-in Desperation and Brash Assault! Wrath can be added for escape DPS, or Escape Route to allow for mobility options. (If only I had the original Lyn...)
Siegmund: Give the ability to follow up at 90% health or higher, on a slow unit? Give him Lancerbreaker and let him handle Reds on the offensive. Triangle Adept is a bonus.
Hauteclere: I always wanted to try running Bonfire on Michalis, now I sorta have to with the new +10 damage on Special trigger.

Candlelight: Build-in Wrathful Staff, and Bride Lyn already comes with Dazzling Staff.
Keen Gronnwolf: I kept Gronnwolf on my F!Robin, so an upgrade is nice.

I would of liked Absorb to be a bit more selfish so I can make a "Nosferatu Tank," but I guess the Breath of Life thing is okay too...

@Arthur97

At first I wanted to go for def/res and give her Distant Def on A and as a Distant Seal.
But after I heard that she can one shot B!Lyn if her attack is optimized I decided to go for attack.
She also has Sheena as a support. Which will give her at least 63 atk and I play Gwendolyn (Panic Ploy) and Sheena (Attack ploy and I also think about def ploy for insurance).
She also can Survive Deirdre and Julia with higher speed, because she can't get hit twice anymore. 

As long as there is no total objection from another side I think this is quite good.
I also have the luck that my has atk+/spe- as boon/bane.

The only thing I'm thinking about is if QR3 should be switched with vantage 3 now.. But I think QR3 has still it's merits for close combat.

If there should ever be a seal which grants attack +6 on enemy attack I will gladly accept this.

Edited by Stroud

5 minutes ago, Stroud said:

@Arthur97

At first I wanted to go for def/res and give her Distant Def on A and as a Distant Seal.
But after I heard that she can one shot B!Lyn if her attack is optimized I decided to go for attack.
She also has Sheena as a support. Which will give her at least 63 atk and I play Gwendolyn (Panic Ploy) and Sheena (Attack ploy and I also think about def ploy for insurance).
She also can Survive Deirdre and Julia with higher speed, because she can't get hit twice anymore. 

As long as there is no total objection from another side I think this is quite good.
I also have the luck that my has atk+/spe- as boon/bane.

The only thing I'm thinking about is if QR3 should be switched with vantage 3 now.. But I think QR3 has still it's merits for close combat.

If there should ever be a seal which grants attack +6 on enemy attack I will gladly accept this.

Turns out mine has the same nature. Maybe I should go with attack after all. Having a Brave Lyn counter that isn't Robin might be nice. Plus, my distant defense seal is currently with Brave Lucina. The main problem is: I don't use supports so she probably couldn't do it, but the QR might pull her out on top.

Such a difficult decision!

9 minutes ago, Technoweirdo said:

Sure she'd want Desperation instead of a dead Genny? Killing a Genny means she can run Dazzling Wrath which is way better than Desperation because you can't get hit in the first place. :p

True, but I don't have any spare Gennys though, so this is good for my Elise.
But now that I think about it, Desperation might not be her best choice either. I'll have to think about this further.

13 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Though defense would go nicely with bonfire.

+2 damage all the time is better than +2 damage whenever you activate your special.

A decision between Atk and Def is always a decision between Atk and Def, not Atk and Bonfire damage.

10 minutes ago, Sire said:

Siegmund: Give the ability to follow up at 90% health or higher, on a slow unit? Give him Lancerbreaker and let him handle Reds on the offensive. Triangle Adept is a bonus.

I want to say to give him Sturdy Blow 2 and Renewal 3 instead.

17 minutes ago, Technoweirdo said:

If you have a Genny. At this point I'm convinced there's a higher chance of me witnessing actual magic in real life than pulling a Genny off of a non-focus banner. With the rise of the Legendary banner Bride!Lyn is probably gonna show up more often in the future too. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+2 damage all the time is better than +2 damage whenever you activate your special.

A decision between Atk and Def is always a decision between Atk and Def, not Atk and Bonfire damage.

It would help make up for less attack meaning it gives me more perks and would lessen the loss of the attack while adding tankiness.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I want to say to give him Sturdy Blow 2 and Renewal 3 instead.

I built my +DEF, -RES Ephraim to be more of a tank, so I'll be running a hybrid build. His actual skills are for tanking (Currently Defiant DEF + Swordbreaker, but I am transitioning to Triangle Adept + Lancebreaker), while the forged weapon allows for some offensive capabilities. I envision using his "first strike" against Sword Users and spellcasters. Lancebreaker is useful as it can be used for offense and defense while Triangle Adept allows him to easily handle Physical Reds and suffer less damage from Magical Reds.

Sturdy Blow and Renewal could work well, but I don't think that would fit with my playstyle of Ephraim. I also do not have the fodder for either skill (still haven't rolled a Fae since release...)

I'm going to do Summer Freddy's Seashell+ first! Since he's -Spd, he's getting the one that boosts his speed. With the extra mt and speed, I can actually make his speed at least 40 and his attack about 50 with buffs! I really wanted to use him more too, but couldn't a lot mainly because of the -Spd. He's fine for debuffing people to hell, but with this, he'll do that AND kill hard!

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Missing Raudhrowl+, Blarowl+, and Gronnowl+, which only adds stats.

Right, I copied over my list from the original announcement, which didn't include them. I was surprised when I saw I could upgrade them.

edit: Updated the list to add that, and included how the stat increases work in the notes

Edited by Johann