Weapon Refinery: Favorite Enhances

Lord_Grima

I don't know which legendary weapon to upgrade first.
I have the option between Michalis, Minerva, Julia and Takumi. I'm probably going with one of the first two, but don't know which one. Michalis would be good because I have some extras to merge him, but Minerva is also doing good when I use her. Julia would be just an upgrade to Divine Naga and Takumi would be for funny stuff with teleports.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

I don't know which legendary weapon to upgrade first.
I have the option between Michalis, Minerva, Julia and Takumi. I'm probably going with one of the first two, but don't know which one. Michalis would be good because I have some extras to merge him, but Minerva is also doing good when I use her. Julia would be just an upgrade to Divine Naga and Takumi would be for funny stuff with teleports.

If you are conflicted of what to upgrade first, try to choose whoever you use the most. But personally, I would choose to upgrade Minerva's weapon first for some crazy damage output. 

The thing is that my Minerva is -Spd/+Def. That's not very optimal in terms of attack potential. I can cover that -Spd with some Goads when I get her with some more fliers, tho. 

On the other hand, Michalis is neutral and I have 3 more copies of him if I want to merge up to +3.

Is Minerva still a better option?

Today I updated my Ninian's Lightning Breath+. Now the only unit whose non-legendary weapon I want to forge is my Bride Lyn's weapon, but after that I don't really have any more weapons I have forge other than Lyn's Sol Katti. I might forge my Amelia's axe for the required 200 dew points for Sol Katti.

I think once I upgrade Sol Katti I'm just going to let the materials build up, I just wonder how long until we learn what the next legend weapons to get upgraded are.

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, looks like you got your wish. They've added 10 rocks to the daily Arena quest set... with the task of getting 3 wins in a row in Arena Assault.

So why couldn't this have been added to the Arena Assault daily quest set...? (And why is the "win 2 matches in the Arena" still in the regular daily quest set?)

EDIT2: Oh. It's not daily. Well, poo.

I thought this myself when I seen the rocks rewarded for the daily TT quest.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Earlier, @Ice Dragon said it's always best to go for the Dazzling upgrade over Wrathful for staves. Is that ever not the case, e.g. for a certain IV distribution? (I'll post my healer's IVs once I have time to look them up if needed.)

I think the logic behind that is that 1) Wrathful is always an option to inherit since Genny is always going to be summonable, allowing you to use both if you want, and 2) landing status effects and bypassing ranged/distant counters is often more useful than dealing more damage with units that aren't consistently going to be killing. This would especially be the case if your healer doesn't have great Atk to begin with.

Just something I noticed, but it looks like you can "purchase" each upgrade for a weapon, then choose which one you want to use from Equip Skills.

I bought the Dazzling Staff upgrade on Fear+ for Lucius, and when I go back to the Weapon Forge, I still have the option to buy the Wrathful Staff Option. Then when I go to Equip Skills, the default (vanilla) Fear+ is still there along with the Dazzling Staff version.

If anyone is willing to test this, and see if it is true, then that opens a lot of options for people. Instead of choosing one upgrade, just get them all and decide based on the situation.

Spoiler

CpyllCi.png

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Earlier, @Ice Dragon said it's always best to go for the Dazzling upgrade over Wrathful for staves. Is that ever not the case, e.g. for a certain IV distribution? (I'll post my healer's IVs once I have time to look them up if needed.)

If you plan to use the healer for actual fighting, you probably want them to have both abilities at once, so it is best to upgrade the weapon with Dazzling because the Wrathful staff skill is actually available to be pulled from Gennys.

If you are using a healer solely for the debuffing aspects and you plan on running a B-skill that isn't Wrathful or Dazzling staff, then you would want the Dazzling staff option. A healer like Azama would fall in this category.

Obviously Bride Lyn already has the Dazzling staff skill so she would want Wrathful on her weapon.

If you somehow had a healer with enough attack to just outright kill everything, you would want Wrathful on the weapon so you could free up room to use another B-skill.  

2 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Just something I noticed, but it looks like you can "purchase" each upgrade for a weapon, then choose which one you want to use from Equip Skills.

I bought the Dazzling Staff upgrade on Fear+ for Lucius, and when I go back to the Weapon Forge, I still have the option to buy the Wrathful Staff Option. Then when I go to Equip Skills, the default (vanilla) Fear+ is still there along with the Dazzling Staff version.

If anyone is willing to test this, and see if it is true, then that opens a lot of options for people. Instead of choosing one upgrade, just get them all and decide based on the situation.

Yes, it is the same as learning any other skill. You're not actually changing the weapon into a different form, you are just learning a more powerful "skill" that you equip. You can in fact learn every single version, but that would require a ton of resources that aren't currently highly available.