Am I the only one whou couldn't take Book 2's plot seriously because of avatar memes?

sirmola

As soon as the book two opening cutscene started, I thought of "Everything changed when the fire nation attacked", and then couldn't stop chuckeling during what is SUPPOSED to be serious plot. (for those of you who don't get it, that's a line from the recap sequence that opens every episode of "Avatar: The Last Airbender", and which is somewhat of a meme) Am I the only one who thought of this?

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Maybe.  But was this really worth a topic?

I wondered that, and decided it was because it legitimatly impacted how i precieved the game.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Relocate to FFtF?

That's probably a good idea. I actualy was not sure which forum it went into.

I'm aware of the meme, but that didn't stop me from taking Avatar seriously when serious moments would happen.

It's like my relationship with Donnel and his memes.  I think his memes are stupid, but I like the character, and I try to not let the memes overshadow that.

As someone who never plays FE Heroes, this topic confused me because I thought of Book 2 from Avatar. Confused because that line is said in every episode of every "book."

Edited by Ronnie

40 minutes ago, sirmola said:

As soon as the book two opening cutscene started, I thought of "Everything changed when the fire nation attacked", and then couldn't stop chuckeling during what is SUPPOSED to be serious plot. (for those of you who don't get it, that's a line from the recap sequence that opens every episode of "Avatar: The Last Airbender", and which is somewhat of a meme) Am I the only one who thought of this?

That's like going to the new Star Wars film and just get distracted because of memes.

Sounds like you're drowning in a glass of water tbh

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

As someone who never plays FE Heroes, this topic confused me because I thought of Book 2 from Avatar. Confused because that line is said in every episode of every "book."

And I thought he was talking about FE ECHOES. I was like, the parts are called acts not books, but it works and now I feel stupid as hell.

Yes.

My Norse mythology vibes are tingling in this story. I love Muspelheim and Nifelheim, so this is epic seeing them in a Fire Emblem game.

But unfortunately, it all seems really convoluted and forced so far. I'm disappointed.

It is neat that they're following Ragnarok though.

9 hours ago, sirmola said:

Yes, I thought that since the FEH channel.  I'm not even that big of an Avatar fan.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:31 AM, Dragoncat said:

And I thought he was talking about FE ECHOES

And I thought he was talking about Mystery of the Emblem Book 2.

Which wouldn't make sense, as I just realized.

... There's a plot in this game ? Other than the 'boring goody trio/quatuor of hold your hand' ? :p
Even though the game is clearly not the worst, I'll never understand why they would create a plot that is so, so not in the front for gamre.

Everything certainly changed... because I understand that there's anothee kingdom and they're not wuss, where do I sign to be with the baddies ? I'm not too fond of Yllise 3.0.

... Evil, me ? No. Pragmatic. :p

21 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

And I thought he was talking about Mystery of the Emblem Book 2.

Which wouldn't make sense, as I just realized.

it actually does make a lot of sense when you think about it. "Avatar memes" (Kris) ruin the plot of Mystery of the Emblem's book 2 (New Mystery of the Emblem)

Edited by Nobody