The Royal Family of Múspell thoughts and first princess of Múspell discussion

King Marth 64

Do you think the first princess of Múspell will appear in some way in Book II?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think if the first princess of Múspell will appear in the future chapters from Book II or the newer Paralogues will appear?

• I think she could be a good person to bring peace unlike Surtr and Laevatein?
    • I think she's possibly going to be a newer enemy boss for Book II chapters?
    • I think she will most likely be mentioned or some have what happened to her?
    • I have no idea about that?

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

I wish I got a big sister like Laegjarn (or Camilla). Laevatein is pretty cute too as a little sister, although I prefer someone more energetic and cutesy like Elise.

However, I am not sure if it is worth it to be in the same family as that weak ass, shit talking father though. Corrin probably would not mind since he has been there and done that and got great siblings and servants. Surtr just pisses me off. If he was not hiding under that Múspellflame, he would have been on the floor begging like a coward for a quick death.

Maybe he wasn't always such asshole, Muspelflame can do some nasty thing to soul apparently. It would better than being evul for no reason at all.

26 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Maybe he wasn't always such asshole, Muspelflame can do some nasty thing to soul apparently. It would better than being evul for no reason at all.

Hopefully it is Múspellflame being the asshole. Otherwise, I am not sure if I can stand Surtr if he was always a douche bag.

At least he is a good villain in the sense that I hate him.

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

If nothing else there were woman who were willing marry him (of course assuming she got choice...)

That only makes me dislike him even more if he turns out to be a rapist too. I am going to have Reinhardt slowly fist him to death if that is the case.

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't think FEH would go that far. I mean burning world to the ash is fine and dandy. Everyone would like try it at least once right?, But rape? That's unforgivable!

Maybe not anymore for Fire Emblem, but in old games like Genealogy of the Holy War, fucked up shit like rape, forced marriages, infedelity, and mass murder is more prevalent based on what I read. Its themes and topics were pretty mature and dark.

Actually, now that I think about it, dark themes are present in current games too, although it is left in the backround and unexplored. Since Robin's mother escaped the Grimleal, we do not know for sure if she willingly bore Validar's child, so it quite possible that Robin is a child of rape. There is also the genocide against the Taguel, but we were not given much detail either.

I do not recall rape being an issue in Fates, but there is mass murder/border line genocide. If you pick either side, you get to murder a lot of Wolfskins or Kitsune over a misunderstanding.

For Echoes, Faye is pretty fucked up during her ending. Since she disappears for days at a time, it is possible she is having an affair with Alm. I feel sorry for her husband, and I would not be surprised if he snaps one day like Hardin.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

For Echoes, Faye is pretty fucked up during her ending. Since she disappears for days at a time, it is possible she is having an affair with Alm. I feel sorry for her husband, and I would not be surprised if he snaps one day like Hardin.

I don't think Alm would have an affair, he's too clean for that. Faye is either going off to stalk him in secret, or having an emotion breakdown off in private due to obsessing over him.

And for SoV, Jedah had his daughters when he was over a hundred and then uses two of them as pawns. Twisted much?

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not recall rape being an issue in Fates, but there is mass murder/border line genocide. If you pick either side, you get to murder a lot of Wolfskins or Kitsune over a misunderstanding.

Garon has concubines who violently fight for his attention- apparently this tragically unexplored bit of lore broke Camilla's mind. And in all likelihood some of those concubines were forced to become sex slaves.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

That only makes me dislike him even more if he turns out to be a rapist too. I am going to have Reinhardt slowly fist him to death if that is the case.

Reminds me of another fire king who really really badly wanted a heroine despite her not wanting him, and fought a hero over her sleeping body.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150702225043

Vulcans are the generic name for his female warrior servants.

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think Alm would have an affair, he's too clean for that. Faye is either going off to stalk him in secret, or having an emotion breakdown off in private due to obsessing over him.

If FH!M!Robin is a closet tsundere, I am sure Alm can secretly be a playboy, with so many girls pining for him and all that.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Garon has concubines who violently fight for his attention- apparently this tragically unexplored bit of lore broke Camilla's mind. And in all likelihood some of those concubines were forced to become sex slaves.

That reminds me, if Garon can get off of watching his step daughter perform on stage, Garon is definitely a sick bastard. How else can we explain Camilla's provactive behavior when Xander and Leo display none of that?

------

These are all still speculation though, but the more I think about it, the less I like the rest of the Fire Emblem villains.

Or maybe I am just over thinking things at this point.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

These are all still speculation though, but the more I think about it, the less I like the rest of the Fire Emblem villains.

Or maybe I am just over thinking things at this point.

. . .yeah, I think you are.  For starters, Alm is generally portrayed as blissfully unaware of Faye's advances in outside media.  In both instances, Garon didn't know that Azura was onstage.

The absolute weird stuff comes out of Jugdral.  Incest, brainwashing, child sacrifice, mass murder, it's got it all~!

Now, for the topic. . .

I have a love-hate relationship with Laegjarn.  On one hand, she acts like a general - thinking things out and whatnot.  On the other hand, it's to the detriment of her sister, whose catchphrase is now "I don't know".  The only other character who's been any sorts of interesting as of late?  Alfonse, the guy who comes up with all the brilliant ideas.

The best way I can describe it is "Laegjarn and Alfonse get cool moments, to the detriment of the rest of the cast."

29 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .yeah, I think you are.  For starters, Alm is generally portrayed as blissfully unaware of Faye's advances in outside media.  In both instances, Garon didn't know that Azura was onstage.

The absolute weird stuff comes out of Jugdral.  Incest, brainwashing, child sacrifice, mass murder, it's got it all~!

Now, for the topic. . .

I have a love-hate relationship with Laegjarn.  On one hand, she acts like a general - thinking things out and whatnot.  On the other hand, it's to the detriment of her sister, whose catchphrase is now "I don't know".  The only other character who's been any sorts of interesting as of late?  Alfonse, the guy who comes up with all the brilliant ideas.

The best way I can describe it is "Laegjarn and Alfonse get cool moments, to the detriment of the rest of the cast."

Well... Laevtain was never show as more than "being a weapon for Strut"... That kind of mentality means she pretty much lack self-dependency, self-awareness to some extent and understanding of the world.

Edited by Troykv

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Well... Laevtain was never show as more than "being a weapon for Strut"... That kind of mentality means she pretty much lack self-dependency, self-awareness to some extent and understanding of the world.

WTF is Surtr looking for in a general?  She'd make a good soldier, but someone who clearly doesn't think things through has no business being a leader.  Unless she has some amazing tacticians under her or something.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

WTF is Surtr looking for in a general?  She'd make a good soldier, but someone who clearly doesn't think things through has no business being a leader.  Unless she has some amazing tacticians under her or something.

I don't think Surtr is exactly the most brillant people anyway, I guess he thought his older daughter was enough to do the tactic things?

Edited by Troykv

2 hours ago, XRay said:

If FH!M!Robin is a closet tsundere, I am sure Alm can secretly be a playboy, with so many girls pining for him and all that.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd call Roy the playboy lord (who isn't an avatar). He has 6 options from supports plus Guinevere falling for him. Each of these represents a different country, so not only does Roy have a global appetite, it means he can take over the world through his paramours. Lilina as his official wife gives him better control of Lycia, Sue helps in Sacae as heir to the Kutolah, Cecilia is the Mage General of Etruria who can marry Perceval and then manipulate him, Sophia is the Prophet of Arcadia, Larum has some voice in the Western Isles, Guinevere is Queen of Bern after Zephiel dies, Shanna is a Princess of Ilia at the end.

You could also make the case for Seliph with 7 options (excluding Julia). Although if you want him to rule the world, it's best to have an army of subs and kill off all royalty that isn't subs.

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

I don't think Surtr is exactly the most brillant people anyway, I guess he thought his older daughter was enough to do the tactic things?

Well, while she Isn't sharpest knife in the drawer, she and by extension whole army under her command would follow Sutr's orders to the letter. For tyrant like him that might be quite valuable asset. And Laegjarn can take care of enemies who wouldn't go down with brute power.

In other hand first princess might not be exactly enthusiastic about genocide and such...

5 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well, while she Isn't sharpest knife in the drawer, she and by extension whole army under her command would follow Sutr's orders to the letter. For tyrant like him that might be quite valuable asset. And Laegjarn can take care of enemies who wouldn't go down with brute power.

In other hand first princess might not be exactly enthusiastic about genocide and such...

Yeah, she is good in following orders very literally :P

Edited by Troykv

On 3/9/2018 at 3:59 AM, Tenzen12 said:

So we do not just know who first princess is, we defeated her and took as prisoner!

If Laegjarn gonna switch sides, I am gonna use her in my main flier team, no matter how much better options I myself have, she is precious. 

Your having said that suddenly makes me wish that we could only unlock the story [dialogue] on Lunatic mode; the challenge that would present would have made this event more impactful for the player.  ...  Granted, it will have been one of the only noteworthy literal moments in this entire throw-away story, but still.

Edited by Selena4Lyfe
Clarification

26 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Laegjarn mentions she's one of the Scorching Triad ... Who is the last member? 

I'm guessing Loki. Could also be Surtr

45 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Laegjarn mentions she's one of the Scorching Triad ... Who is the last member? 

Another princess? Goodness gracious, Surtr is/was quite a virile man.

I know it’s dumb, but Bruno having skin color similar to Lagejarn and Laevtainn makes me think is some sort of relative to him. Which makes me think Bruno is the cause of an affair between a royal from Muspel and Emblia. Or maybe it was Veronica’ Mom and Surtr who had an affair. You never know

Edited by Poimagic

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Another princess? Goodness gracious, Surtr is/was quite a virile man.

Hopefully she is not a jerk face like her father. Laegjarn is a pretty nice lady and Laevatein is kind of cute when interacting with her big sister, so I hope the trend in decent princesses continue.

58 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I know it’s dumb, but Bruno having skin color similar to Lagejarn and Laevtainn makes me think is some sort of relative to him. Which makes me think Bruno is the cause of an affair between a royal from Muspel and Emblia. Or maybe it was Veronica’ Mom and Surtr who had an affair. You never know

That is a good way to ease us into Echoes: Ribald Tales of the Faith War. Book III just needs some child sacrifices, mass murder, rape, and a good dose of wincest. SharenaXGustav, anyone? Or maybe AnnaXFeh or perhaps AlfonseXFólkvangr?

Or maybe it was not an affair and that Embla simply stole Veronica's mother from Múspell, causing Surtr to descend into madness and vengeance, igniting himself with Múspellflame. It could explain why Surtr did not kill Veronica outright since she resembled her mother, while at the same time feeling contempt towards her and wanting to kill her for being the seed that defiled his woman, kind of like how Severus Snape has a love/hate relationship with Harry Potter.

Edited by XRay