Fire Emblem Heroes Website Voice Lines

Solaris998

Haven't seen anyone talk about this so I decided to talk about it myself quick, the website for Heroes actually has updated for Book 2 https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/sp/

The aesthetic difference isn't too major, they added a new story blurb and they added the new characters to the Characters section. 

The interesting thing however is that they added three "Voice Samples" for every major character, and Surtr, Loki, and Laevatein all have unique voice lines that are definitely not battle quotes.

It may or may not mean anything for them being playable eventually in the future, but the lines themselves are interesting for speculation purposes about their characters/the story. Specifically lines like Surtr's "The soul I once had vanished in the fires of Muspell" and Laevatein's "Weapons do not think, they act, that is what I was taught."

Thought it was intriguing and worth pointing out since I haven't seen anyone take note of it yet.

Edited by Solaris998

To be honest, I do kinda take this as evidence towards the theory that the original villains will end up being playable eventually. I mean, it's not outright confirmed or anything, but those lines are definitely there for a reason, given they could have easily just used their combat dialogue like they seemed to do with Bruno.

That said, I don't think they'll all just defect to you at some point and we'll get them for free. I think some of the villains are going to just end up being outright killed within the story, and then they can set up a GHB or something if people want them once their role in the story is finished.

Well, Loki  has lines clearly towards the summoner. But maybe they got "touch dialogue" even though they aren't intended to be playable. Laventain is the only one I see as playable in the future

Surtr's English voice isn't powerful enough, and his Japanese voice isn't gravelly enough. Maybe if you put them together...

All of the lines sound like what I'd expect them to say for touch dialogue on their status screens. Perhaps a more powerful force will cause them to turn. Veronica when?

24 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Well, Loki  has lines clearly towards the summoner. But maybe they got "touch dialogue" even though they aren't intended to be playable. Laventain is the only one I see as playable in the future

If Laventain will be a playable character, she will be nuts. Considering the power of buffs making her attacks even more powerful.

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

If Laventain will be a playable character, she will be nuts. Considering the power of buffs making her attacks even more powerful.

Still rather tame compared to her fellow Muspell characters, plus she doesn't have distant counter

16 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Still rather tame compared to her fellow Muspell characters, plus she doesn't have distant counter

…cuz, you know, we don't have any way to fix that particular issue.

Anyways, intriguing news. Still waiting on recruiting Veronica though.

11 minutes ago, Midnox said:

But potentially she can be very powerful. Loki is a colorless mage and a healer, with will screw mages close to her. Surtr strength comes from his free damage.  I thought that Surtr would be an armor unit, he looks like one.

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

…cuz, you know, we don't have any way to fix that particular issue.

Anyways, intriguing news. Still waiting on recruiting Veronica though.

It's not like you can get Hector just lying around XD. Plus she may get an A skill as useful that it may hurt replacing it. We'll just have to wait though 

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

But potentially she can be very powerful. Loki is a colorless mage and a healer, with will screw mages close to her. Surtr strength comes from his free damage.  I thought that Surtr would be an armor unit, he looks like one.

The potential power of adding damage equal to the bonuses has been well documented since times of yore (except Odin, he sucks), so we know how dangerous she can be with the right set-up. Maybe that additional +3atk won't sound like much if she can kill most on one blow with bonuses, but that adds her base 3atk, which is handy if you lack the bonuses. Can be easily underestimated for being a healer, but her staff causes full damage with no HP restrictions, plus the gravity effect. still, I think Laventain isn't that overpowered compared to the other two

3 hours ago, Midnox said:

Her A Skill is already visible in the Story Chapters, it's Defiant Attack

I may be wrong, but didn't Bruno's skills change quite a bit during all the encounters with him? It might be the same for the Fire Nation guys.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

But if these guys end up being recruitable, then who's the ultimate big bad to end off the story?

Please be an ancient, forgotten dragon

... I'll want that dragon to be recruitable then.
Oh boy, how much we'll bet it'll be a waifu/husbando ? :p

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I may be wrong, but didn't Bruno's skills change quite a bit during all the encounters with him? It might be the same for the Fire Nation guys.

Bruno had Growing Thunder, Warding Blow, and Seal Res in Chapters 9 through 11.

In Chapter 12, he has Growing Thunder, Close Def, Lancebreaker, and Savage Blow.

In Chapter 13-1, he has Growing Thunder, Fury, and Drive Atk.

In Chapter 13-5, he has Growing Thunder, Fury, B Tomebreaker, and Atk Ploy.

Chances are Growing Thunder, Warding Blow, and Seal Res are is actual skill set.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bruno had Growing Thunder, Warding Blow, and Seal Res in Chapters 9 through 11.

In Chapter 12, he has Growing Thunder, Close Def, Lancebreaker, and Savage Blow.

In Chapter 13-1, he has Growing Thunder, Fury, and Drive Atk.

In Chapter 13-5, he has Growing Thunder, Fury, B Tomebreaker, and Atk Ploy.

Chances are Growing Thunder, Warding Blow, and Seal Res are is actual skill set.

Most likely the case, his skillset changed to make the maps harder. Has Veronica been the same level of inconsistent with her skills between chapters?

6 hours ago, Thane said:

That explains why her skills aren't shown in the wiki

9 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

But if these guys end up being recruitable, then who's the ultimate big bad to end off the story?

Well, Surtr's profile states that he carries the blood of the flame dragon, PLUS the sacred coins are taken from a dragon blood, so yeah..... more dragons XD. I'm starting to think that all legendary heroes carry dragon blood as well. Think about it: water season=Fjorm= ice dragon, wind season= there's no wind dragon as far as I know, but there are wyvern dragonstones in Mystery of the Emblem, which could be associated by wind, plus Forseti is a legendary wind tome blessed by a dragon, who was known as the wind god as well. earth season= we got earth dragons. Flame season= fire dragons

14 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Most likely the case, his skillset changed to make the maps harder. Has Veronica been the same level of inconsistent with her skills between chapters?

Veronica has her moveset changing, from Reprisal, Renewal 3, and Savage Blow 3 in 9-5. To Fury 3, Renewal 3, Savage Blow 3,and Quickened Pulse in the first Tempest Trail.To Bonfire, Mirror Strike 2, and Drive Def 2 in book 2, 2-1. But always she has Élivágar

56 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Veronica has her moveset changing, from Reprisal, Renewal 3, and Savage Blow 3 in 9-5. To Fury 3, Renewal 3, Savage Blow 3,and Quickened Pulse in the first Tempest Trail.To Bonfire, Mirror Strike 2, and Drive Def 2 in book 2, 2-1. But always she has Élivágar

Alright, so then the only thing we now for sure about these character's skills is their legendary weapons and maybe Bruno's special. I wonder what they'll eventually settle on if they're ever released.

One of the more interesting things to me in all this is Laevatein's character, from her voice lines to her description and legendary weapon sharing her name, it seems the second princess of Muspell was raised and trained to act as a human weapon essentially. So that's certainly intriguing.