You think they'll make a crossover content with another Nintendo IP in FEH?

Midnox

Hey, I've been thinking for a while about the possibility of some other Nintendo IP content in FEH. The most obvious would be Zelda, having Link as a guest character, and possibly other Zelda characters as well. OR, having special versions of FE characters cosplaying and using weapons. I'm inclined with the latter, as it allows more IPs and freedom for the developers on such things. I can see Fae as Mario using his semi iconic hammer (Can you picture Fae with Mario's mustache? IT'S GENIUS). I don't know who could be Luigi, but he/she could be fire Luigi and uses a Fire Flower as a weapon and be a magic unit. Marth could be Link, in relation of his initial appearance in our region in Smash Bros, using, you guessed it, the Master Sword. I don't think Ganondorf would be left behind, but who could cosplay him? I'm thinking it would fit better for Walhart as: he got the physique, he's an antagonist, while ruthless and brutal, he got a couple of hilariously hammy moments that participating in a silly event like this wouldn't feel too out of place. Another possible candidate for Ganondorf would be Zelgius (not as the Black Knight). I still think Walhart fits better in the iconic bacon demon, but Zelgius is amicable enough to participate in such event at request  

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I smell salty sea air blowing in from this direction.

Actually, no. Nice try though.

I didn't care for any of the Halloween units and got a good IV Azura, and she was the only one I cared for there. I simply think it's scummy to have one limited banner begin the moment after another one ends.

As for Ayra, that was absolutely disgusting and you know it.

Edited by Gebby

1 minute ago, Gebby said:

I simply think it's scummy to have one limited banner begin the moment after another one ends.

That's what I mean.

In case you didn't notice:

• Ylissean Summer: June 30 - August 1
  • Nohrian Summer: July 28 - August 31

Limited banners now last ~4 weeks instead of the usual ~2 weeks to give players a bigger window to pull from them, meaning they will overlap the next new-character banner and end when the banner after the next banner starts (which may or may not be another limited banner).

If you treat limited banners like the 2-week banners they used to be (and were probably planned to be in the original release planning), none of the limited banners have been back-to-back.

38 minutes ago, Gebby said:

As for Ayra, that was absolutely disgusting and you know it.

Ayra is available right now in another banner. Her only pity breakers are Celica and Ike. Celica is amazing, and I guess Ike is a fan favorite character like Ayra. They did not make Ayra a seasonal unit, so it is not like she will not be available again.

For players who like sword infantry as game play units for whatever reason, there is Mia who outclasses all other sword infantry and is available right now.

— — — — — — —

I do not mind crossovers, but I prefer that they do not make them limited. I hate feeling pressured to pull for seasonal units since they are limited.

Edited by XRay

I really, really, really hope not. 

The most I can agree for a crossover is them wearing Ninty outfits in seasonal banners. That's it. I don't want to see other games in my Fire Emblem game, personally. Not to mention that there are more than enough characters to keep them going for a long time. 

Plus, depending upon the characters used, it can really drag you out of the experience. While Link wouldn't be terrible (aside from the whole taking the place that a Fire Emblem character could have had) I remember hearing other people mention things like Mario and Charizard. Nothing would ruin the game faster for me. 

I don't want it at all, unless it is after every FE character has been added to the game.  The limited banners are bad in that other then two units they just use units already in the game, though I understand why they do that since the banners are limited I am happy it is mostly units that I already have in their normal form.  I know I will be pretty mad if Kaze is on the Christmas banner because that means I probably won't get him.  As much as I love the Legend of Zelda I don't want it in Heroes.

I initially thought it would be kinda cool to have crossover characters, or cosplaying characters, to celebrate major Nintendo releases, but given how many event banners as of late, combined with the slowing rate of new GHBs, I think the inflow of new characters is slow enough without slowing it down further with non-FE content. If we're going to get "crossover content", I'd prefer it be characters from an existing FE crossover, like TMS or FEW.

That was in terms of whether I would want them to do it or not, but in terms of whether I think they will do something, we've already passed over Zelda BotW, Mario Odyssey, and now Xenoblade 2, without them doing anything special, so I don't really see anything special coming in the future.

Edited by C. Turtle

I mean, there's nothing stopping them from doing so. If you asked me if I'd want that the answer is no, as it is the game still lacks TONS of characters and including OCs and whoever's going to come with the Switch FE (and you know they'll add them to promote the game just like with SoV) there's no need for crossovers.

Edited by Alexmender

I wouldn't throw a fit if it happened, but I feel like Fire Emblem on its own is more than enough to keep us getting compelling content and good character additions. Yes, even if the majority of who's left from the series pantheon are faces unseen by newer fans. Keep the crossovers in Smash Bros, I say.

1 hour ago, Hardin said:

I could maybe see a special banner when the Zelda mobile game releases, but not something that would a common occurrence. 

A Zelda mobile on the way? Hope it's good. Well of course it won't be an everyday thing if they decide to make crossover content in any form, but I'm certain it WILL happen. Why? Because FEH has caught the attention of many, AND they are willing to not take themselves seriously all the time with the seasonal banners, which was surprising at it's conception. I think a crossover is the next step to go, because FE arrived to stay in these parts because of a crossover, remember?

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, Midnox said:

Hey, I've been thinking for a while about the possibility of some other Nintendo IP content in FEH. The most obvious would be Zelda, having Link as a guest character, and possibly other Zelda characters as well. OR, having special versions of FE characters cosplaying and using weapons. I'm inclined with the latter, as it allows more IPs and freedom for the developers on such things. I can see Fae as Mario using his semi iconic hammer (Can you picture Fae with Mario's mustache? IT'S GENIUS). I don't know who could be Luigi, but he/she could be fire Luigi and uses a Fire Flower as a weapon and be a magic unit. Marth could be Link, in relation of his initial appearance in our region in Smash Bros, using, you guessed it, the Master Sword. I don't think Ganondorf would be left behind, but who could cosplay him? I'm thinking it would fit better for Walhart as: he got the physique, he's an antagonist, while ruthless and brutal, he got a couple of hilariously hammy moments that participating in a silly event like this wouldn't feel too out of place. Another possible candidate for Ganondorf would be Zelgius (not as the Black Knight). I still think Walhart fits better in the iconic bacon demon, but Zelgius is amicable enough to participate in such event at request  

Say no more buddy; I know exactly what you're thinking: a banner with all of the different clothing sets for Link in BotW, obviously including the Gerudo outfit as waifu bait.

Personally, I think Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid would be the perfect crossover with Fire Emblem Heroes.  D-for-Dragon Rider Emblem upcoming.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, Ice Dragon said:

I smell salty sea air blowing in from this direction.

I'm getting really sick of these playa hatiz; Performing Arts Azura and Ayra are freaking awesome.

I say if there's going to be a crossover, it shouldn't be in Heroes of all games. It should be its own thing with its own game, not as an homage or whatnot. For example, I love Pokemon, and I'd love if the two franchises could be together (it was actually supposed to happen before), but I don't think Heroes is the place for it.

Matter of fact I would actually like the idea of a feh zelda crossover - if done well - think it might even be easy to implement in the story as its all about summonings and both universes arent that far apart.

Worst thing that could happen would be a rabbids feh crossover :)

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Kobayashi-san is not Nintendo IP.

Idk bro, the Switch got Doom and Skyrim (although what system doesn't have Skyrim).  Maybe third parties will work with Nintendo more, considering that the Switch will be a big holiday success and that Heroes was voted the best mobile app in the Google Play store.  IS could corner the market on suggestive anime games by working with the right franchises.

I also think the Shantae series would sync with FE Heroes pretty well.

I don't think we'll get any crossover characters outside of FE Warriors or TMS, if those count.

But I do think we'll be getting special banners with FE characters cosplaying as other Nintendo characters. Have your wallets ready for those Zero Suit FE Girls when Metroid Prime 4 hits.

On 12/8/2017 at 4:29 PM, Charmeleonbrah said:

Idk bro, the Switch got Doom and Skyrim (although what system doesn't have Skyrim).  Maybe third parties will work with Nintendo more, considering that the Switch will be a big holiday success and that Heroes was voted the best mobile app in the Google Play store.  IS could corner the market on suggestive anime games by working with the right franchises.

I also think the Shantae series would sync with FE Heroes pretty well.

I's not impossible to have those, but far less likely to have other Nintendo IPs content in FEH

On 12/8/2017 at 4:32 PM, Jave said:

I don't think we'll get any crossover characters outside of FE Warriors or TMS, if those count.

But I do think we'll be getting special banners with FE characters cosplaying as other Nintendo characters. Have your wallets ready for those Zero Suit FE Girls when Metroid Prime 4 hits.

Well, Metroid cosplay in FEH seems kinda out of place, but considering that IS has shown that it's willing to loosen-up with FE since Awakening, it may not be impossible to see such things in FEH