Is it worth beating Jedah in act 4?

After some googling, I found how to damage him, but the battle ends in 8 turns, AND he comes back in the final battle. He has a dracoshield. If I go after him now, will he drop the dracoshield upon being defeated and not have it in the endgame? Is it worth it?

The "I just want to know one thing" topic is buried or non existent. Also, I hope Alm's route to Rigel Castle opens up after I finish this Jedah battle. It should, right?

You don't have to take out Jedah, but if you do you get his draco shield which obviously allows hilarious possibilities in terms of tanking.

Rigel castle's path opens up for Alm after you complete all the maps on Celica's route because of story reasons.

Edited by CatManThree

His Dracoshield will not drop in the final battle. If you think you can do the damage, go for it.

If you're going to go for it, you need to damage him every 4th attack. Ragnarok with Celica can get some good damage in and a crit can 1-shot him (It's how I did it) so get her support partners around her. It also kills the mogalls.

Yes, Alm will be freed up once you go through Duma Tower. Though frankly I am not a fan of Duma Tower in the remake.

His Dracoshield will not be there in the final battle regardless of what you do (it'll be replaced by an Animus Ring, which makes things worse for you; it'll allow him to counter anything and everything, meaning even archers aren't safe). Anyway, if you think you can oneshot him (you'll need a crit and a lot of damage), it couldn't hurt.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

46 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

After some googling, I found how to damage him, but the battle ends in 8 turns, AND he comes back in the final battle. He has a dracoshield. If I go after him now, will he drop the dracoshield upon being defeated and not have it in the endgame? Is it worth it?

The "I just want to know one thing" topic is buried or non existent. Also, I hope Alm's route to Rigel Castle opens up after I finish this Jedah battle. It should, right?

The dracoshield is nice and his death despawns a lot of eyeballs. Not like your non-whitewings are doing anything else this map.

Thanks everybody! I actually...kinda neglected the whitewings *legasp* I'll be training them in Lost Treescape for a while.

@Dayni What level does Celica learn Ragnarok? She doesn't have it here.

4 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

What level does Celica learn Ragnarok? She doesn't have it here.

Level 20 Priestess. Or if promoted, which she is now, it's "level she would have learned it level before promotion - level at promotion + 1".

So if she promoted at level 12, it'd be 20 - 12 + 1 = a level 9 Princess.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Level 20 Priestess. Or if promoted, which she is now, it's "level she would have learned it level before promotion - level at promotion + 1".

So if she promoted at level 12, it'd be 20 - 12 + 1 = a level 9 Princess.

Annnnndd I forgot what level she promoted at, dammit. Level 6 princess, no ragnarok.

It is basically all about if you want the dracoshield or not. As for killing him, it is pretty much all about the crit. Pray my friend. You'll need it.

Is this dracoshield really worth the trouble ? Eeeeeeeh, it depends on you. In my opinion, not really by that point of the game, as opposite to the first dracoshield, I only killed Jedah at that map for ego's sake, so I could say 'Ahah ! Killed him 'n' got the shield !'

Nah, a critical hit is not needed. From what I recall two good hits should be enough to take him down. Even if it ends up being a few more then that, by trading around the Mage Ring to ensure that everyone can attack him without having to eat a counter, you can get more then enough hits past his defenses before the map ends.

Edited by BrightBow

Its not really needed to kill him but if your gonna celica almost always doubles with. Excalibur and should crit once

As for the shield just use the one you got off desaix by grinding you villagers into mages because balance