What if the Philippines was a Pokémon Region?

Dismissed

So I was wondering, what if they made a region based on the Philippines? (that will never happen though) Here are some ideas I have:

Locations, Population, and Pokémon:

Spoiler

The biggest city will be based on Manila, and there are a lot of Poison types like Koffing, Grimer, and Trubbish. (Pollution) The Gym here would be Poison type.

There would be a lot of Unovan and Alolan Pokémon. Both due to representing American influence, and Alolan due to being tropical. There would also be a lot of Mexican/Spanish themed Pokémon (Hawlucha, Ludicolo) due to Spanish influence.

There would be only very few Kalos Pokémon. Of course, there is no significant French influence in the Philippines.

There would be a Trainer class on the streets that peddle ice cream, and their main Pokémon would be the Vanillite line. (Sorbetes)

There would be only a few Ice types, namely Cloyster, Dewgong, Vanilluxe, and possibly Crabominable. Due to the tropical climate, they would be found in areas similar to Unova's Cold Storage, and maybe also Baguio City. (It never snows there though, it's just cold.)

The Cover legendaries would probably have different designs, with one being Spanish themed and the other being American themed, representing how both cultures influenced the nation.

Cities that would be featured: Manila, Baguio, Davao, Cebu, Iloilo, Cagayan de Oro, etc.

Villains:

Spoiler

Probably a Hoenn scenario, with a Spanish themed Team and an American themed one. Both are trying to take over the region, but by different means. The Spanish guys want to take it by force, and the American guys try to take over by subtle means, like diplomacy and the like.

Gyms and Elite Four:

Spoiler

Would be based on presidents or heroes of the past, including:

Jose Rizal: Ghost

Andres Bonifacio: Fighting

Apolinario Mabini: Psychic

Lapu-Lapu: Water

Emilio Aguinaldo: Dark (I'm not sure)

Fidel Ramos: Fighting or Steel (something military)

Joseph Estrada: Dark

Gloria Macapagal Arroyo: Psychic or Fairy

That's all I got for now, feel free to add! Anything goes, just no discussing of politics.

One area could have Ghost types and be a long trail littered with old stuff, and have a ghost with a Veteran trainer model give you a tour, ending with "I'm tired. I want to lie down. Too long. Too weak." And then he disappears. It will lead to a camp full of Scyther, as well as Pokemon that are known for outright cruelty and sadism against people based on Pokedex entries. As much as America and Spain did in their reigns over the Philippines, nothing they did can come close to the horror the Japanese visited upon the Filipinos, though I do want to emphasize that this would be portrayed as having happened a very long time ago (not that, should a game like this be developed, it would ever happen, given that Japan would rather sweep World War II under the rug and forget it ever happened.)

I can imagine an all steel/poison themed city/gym because the pollution+traffic+open air transport fucks you up pretty good.

as for stories, there's plenty of funny shit to pull out. I'd like to see something kinda comically stupid based on current events.

2 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

One area could have Ghost types and be a long trail littered with old stuff, and have a ghost with a Veteran trainer model give you a tour, ending with "I'm tired. I want to lie down. Too long. Too weak." And then he disappears. It will lead to a camp full of Scyther, as well as Pokemon that are known for outright cruelty and sadism against people based on Pokedex entries. As much as America and Spain did in their reigns over the Philippines, nothing they did can come close to the horror the Japanese visited upon the Filipinos, though I do want to emphasize that this would be portrayed as having happened a very long time ago (not that, should a game like this be developed, it would ever happen, given that Japan would rather sweep World War II under the rug and forget it ever happened.)

This is brilliant. The Japanese did do a lot of horrible stuff during WWII. But now, we're kinda chill. In fact, the prime minister of Japan stayed at the house of our president. Look it up.

1 hour ago, Skurge said:

I can imagine an all steel/poison themed city/gym because the pollution+traffic+open air transport fucks you up pretty good.

as for stories, there's plenty of funny shit to pull out. I'd like to see something kinda comically stupid based on current events.

True. How about vitamins and X-Stat items being banned? (drugs)

On 12/3/2017 at 4:28 PM, Hylian Air Force said:

Ouch. Were there cases of bayoneting contests like the ones done in 1937-8 Shanghai? Or killings of suspected anti-Japanese spies/rebels etc like the Sook Ching in 1942 Singapore? I did learn the former in elementary school, though that was the only time we learned in any proper fashion. The latter, ironically were through textbooks from a friend during my Australian Year 11, and a friend from Singapore.

Edited by henrymidfields

@henrymidfields I'm referring to the atrocities committed during the Bataan Death March and the POW imprisonment in the Philippines as a whole. The cruelty was second only to the Koreans and the Sino-Japanese War of 1937-45. Many thousands of Filipinos and Americans were killed or died in POW camps.

15 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

@henrymidfields I'm referring to the atrocities committed during the Bataan Death March and the POW imprisonment in the Philippines as a whole. The cruelty was second only to the Koreans and the Sino-Japanese War of 1937-45. Many thousands of Filipinos and Americans were killed or died in POW camps.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Basically, they were forced to march from Bataan to go somewhere, and if the soldiers were too weak to carry on, they were killed.

Also, why are we all discussing the bad side of history? Let's try to focus on the good stuff.

51 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

Oh yeah, I remember that. Basically, they were forced to march from Bataan to go somewhere, and if the soldiers were too weak to carry on, they were killed.

Also, why are we all discussing the bad side of history? Let's try to focus on the good stuff.

Sorry mate. It's one of those things that I do not know as well as I should be. Anyway, I'd like to try that ice cream that you mentioned. I wonder if there are any places in Sydney that I can try...