Overall Favorites: Mercenaries

Doodlebug Four

Favorite Merc(s)  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Fav Merc(s)?

Which Musclebound Studs (or Dudettes like Echidna, Severa, and Soleil) are your most trustworthy swords?

Update: Added in Machyua, Ralph, and Galzus from Thracia 776 in due to being Sword Fighters that promote to Hero instead of the usual swordmaster/already one.

Edited by Doodlebug Four

I have yet to see a Mercenary/Hero that was a bad unit, that said some of my favourites are Saber from SoV, Harken, Derik, Greik, Gregor, Flavia, Ogma. I haven't played all of FE6 yet, so I don't know whether or not I like Echidna although the odds are that I will.

1 hour ago, Lord of Gabriel Knight said:

Gerik is my husband and no one can tell me otherwise

He's my #1 Fav Merc as well. Though it seems everyone so far is more enamored with Saber and Inigo, which I can understand. Hopefully Gerik makes it in to Heroes someday, maybe even as a Mounted Archer/Ranger if there is too many swords users for everyone to complain about. And hopefully they get Christopher Sabat to voice Gerik.

So Ogma (always a good unit), Astram(one of my personal favorite archanaea characters), Saber (what do you expect it's Saber), Kamui (another good unit), Gerik (one of arguably many best units in fe8), Gregor (why not, plus his character is good), Inigo (we all need that sassy lady charmer), and Severa (she may be a tsundere, but she certainly makes up for it statswise, plus is my favorite of the child units)

Of these Severa is my no.1

Voted for Ogma (OG), Dieck (shirtless wonder), Gerik (overall great character in both gameplay and personality), Inigo/Laslow (dancing wonder), and Flavia (she's a QUEEN)

If I have to narrow it down to a top five...

1) Inigo: Oh lawdy lawd, my son. He is a flirt, it's true, but...he's more than just a flirt. You get me?

2) Ogma: The original. Really nice, rugged design, and an excellent unit.

3) Jesse: I didn't think I'd like him as much as I do, but golly gosh, this dude.

4) Kamui: He's in it for the money, which I can relate to because money makes the world go round, yet his reactions to necrodragons are priceless.

5) Raven: There's something interesting about the whole Cornwell backstory, and he has a solid design.

Shoutouts to Gregor, Saber, Soleil, Severa and Flavia.

I voted for Saber because he was my favorite mercenary from Echoes. Severa/Selena and Inigo/Laslow are also my go to mercenary in Fates outside of Avatar builds.

Edited by NSSKG151
added some text

gerik is a gamebreaking unit. also just want to point out if you're adding machua/galzus/ralph it would kinda make sense to add ulster as well although he doesn't really promote into a true hero since he cant use axes or anything. actually pisses me off so much that he cant use axes especially because of him having neir holy blood

Edited by edgelordweeaboo