Henry’s single ending (spoiler?)

Vaximillian

I was randomly reading Henry’s article on the wikia and wait what, does his single ending imply he committed suicide?

Henry - Twisted Mind

After Grima's demise, Henry made a cold, clean break with history, never to stain its pages again.

Edited by Vaximillian

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I was randomly reading Henry’s article on the wikia and wait what, does his single ending imply he committed suicide?

Henry - Twisted Mind

After Grima's demise, Henry made a cold, clean break with history, never to stain its pages again.

When I first played it I thought it meant he just stopped causing havoc. However, the implied suicide makes more sense, yeah.

Considering how Henry likes blood and pain but seems to fear death (evidenced in some supports; I think Olivia's involved him getting stressed and afraid when Olivia was suffocating or something), it would be unreasonable to assume he committed suicide. I would take it as him stopping his sadism streak and instead simply treating life as precious or something of the sort.

Henry has an obsession with death but never implies committing suicide. He wouldn't mind dying, but only from it happening to him not from him causing it iirc. This seems like a severe jump in logic when it's probably meant to be a more "violent" way of the bog-standard "they disappeared from history" endings all over the series.